Cocoa Beach bans couches on beach

Cocoa Beach bans couches on beach

There are 14 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 16, 2007, titled Cocoa Beach bans couches on beach. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Keep the sunscreen and cooler on your list, but leave the sofa at home if you're heading to the beach here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

What

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 16, 2007
This is just too funny!!lol
People bringing furniture to the beach!!??
The hippies are invading Cocoa Beach!!
brett

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2007
This has got to be mostly UCF students. Awesome! I remember back in 2000 kids would bring their dorm furniture to football tailgates.
CSM

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2007
Now there's a real couch potato.... maybe a sunburned couch potato!
SFL Lisa

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2007
What a riot!! I say more power to 'em. As long as they take them when they leave, what's the harm?? Oh to be young again...
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 16, 2007
They have one party with that sofa on the beach and they have to waste their time passing a resolution: Well I guess that is OK, as Cocoa is one heck of a lot better place than Daytona:
38Special

Clearwater, FL

#7 Mar 16, 2007
Couches should be off the beach and in front of the trailer where they belong.
Funny guy

Greenville, SC

#8 Mar 16, 2007
Can I bring my futon?
Tiredofitall

Orlando, FL

#11 Mar 16, 2007
Wait now for the ACLU to claim racism. Don't the Cocoa Beach Commissioners understand living room furniture on the front porch and in front yards is a traditional part of both African American and Hispanic culture.? This is going to create "outrage" and cause riots if it is seen as an afront on their respective cultures.
John

Orlando, FL

#12 Mar 16, 2007
When you see a couch on a beach, you know there's a group of rednecks sunbathing.
Mr Yu

The Villages, FL

#13 Mar 16, 2007
Now where am I going to sleep?
sick of it

United States

#14 Mar 16, 2007
come on, had to be swoogie, everyone knows rednecks set up in the back of the truck...
John wrote:
When you see a couch on a beach, you know there's a group of rednecks sunbathing.
harhar

Miami, FL

#15 Mar 16, 2007
sick of it wrote:
come on, had to be swoogie, everyone knows rednecks set up in the back of the truck...<quoted text>
You are both correct. They sit in the sofas, which are carried in the back of pickup trucks.

Inbreeding will tell.
Jay-Man

AOL

#16 Mar 16, 2007
Tiredofitall wrote:
Wait now for the ACLU to claim racism. Don't the Cocoa Beach Commissioners understand living room furniture on the front porch and in front yards is a traditional part of both African American and Hispanic culture.? This is going to create "outrage" and cause riots if it is seen as an afront on their respective cultures.
You have GOT to be kidding!! African-American and Hispanic culture?? It's REDNECK culture!!
missingthebeach

Harlan, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2014
Jay-Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to be kidding!! African-American and Hispanic culture?? It's REDNECK culture!!

yes...redneck culture. If there's no room in the house, move it outside and find a use for it,lol. Rednecks embrace things they do and find humor in life even if that means laughing at themselves. The beach should be taken care of, but who wouldn't love to see a bunch of youngsters or rednecks hanging out having fun,lol. It would be entertaining to say the least. Ya gotta love rednecks....don't care who ya are,lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DO NOT rent from Troy Stephan (Jun '15) Aug 6 Wds1229 19
News Titusville woman sentenced to 50 years in 2015 ... Aug 5 Jls 1
Idiot teens who laughed at a drowning man? Jul 25 Whodunit 10
Merrit Island Plane Noise (Jan '11) Jul 24 Ernie Garfield 39
News Experts: No duty for laughing teens to rescue d... Jul 22 Heartsick 1
News Teens filmed, mocked drowning man, Cocoa police... Jul 22 leah 1
looking for somone from oh Jul 22 curious 4

Cocoa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance