Is everyone on drugs?

“Evidence of Love”

Since: Jan 09

Under The Sea

#1 Jan 24, 2009
-No,I'm not talking about lipitor for blood pressure. I mean, no matter where I go, it's as if masses of people are just party, party, party. I'd love to go to a party that didn't have a back room or everyone just sitting around the table passing a pipe, or getting stoned with there kids, and grandkids. What in the hoo is going on out there!!! What happened to good music,food, dancing, laughing and maybe some adult beverages. Now, it's rush through the day not caring about anything accept getting to the pipe and that epidemic has leaked into out days in many cases. A cup of coffee or a soda laughing with friends, not a crack party in the bathroom during lunchbreak for Peter's sake. Help! Where are the normal people?

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2009
They're either dead or very close to it. I agree with what you're saying. Kids and others are so intense on these energy drinks and pot smoking it's hard to fathom. Some companies don't even drug screen for 90 days to make sure some employees can pass!
I knew one guy who smoked dope and did amphetimines at the same time. Got him close to normal I guess!
Beachside

Kansas City, MO

#3 Feb 2, 2009
In answer to your comment it does seem to me that yes, yes indeed everyone is on drugs. I am a young person who IS NOT on drugs and I often find myself on the losing end of things or feeling left out because I am not whacked out on something. Occasionally I even second guess myself because it seems like being a good kid, a good person has gone out of style these days.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 3, 2009
Beachside wrote:
In answer to your comment it does seem to me that yes, yes indeed everyone is on drugs. I am a young person who IS NOT on drugs and I often find myself on the losing end of things or feeling left out because I am not whacked out on something. Occasionally I even second guess myself because it seems like being a good kid, a good person has gone out of style these days.
Damn good for you!! Don't worry about 'style' kid, create your own.
Oranges

Maylands, Australia

#5 Feb 3, 2009
I think it's natural for kids to experiment. It's just that there's so many more of them these days that it's that much more visible. It's always been there, I just think it's becoming more visible, as people are 'coming out' a bit more now. You'd be surprised who does drugs - and it's not the ones you see. You either do or you don't and it doesn't make you a better person either way. It's just human nature to experiment with what life has to offer. Most choose to give it up when they are ready though. Of course, some don't and some can't handle their lives.
Oranges

Maylands, Australia

#6 Feb 3, 2009
By the way, I don't do drugs myself. Through my youth (I'm in my 40s) I did have a friend or two who did, but it never encouraged me to do the same. It was their choice. And they also lived very productive lives, they weren't loosers. I didn't think any less of them because they did, but it wasn't (and still isn't) something I want to try - I have an addictive personality and I am sensible enough to know that if I tried it, I'd like it. And then I might get hooked. No thanks to a one-way street for me.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 4, 2009
Oranges wrote:
By the way, I don't do drugs myself. Through my youth (I'm in my 40s) I did have a friend or two who did, but it never encouraged me to do the same. It was their choice. And they also lived very productive lives, they weren't loosers. I didn't think any less of them because they did, but it wasn't (and still isn't) something I want to try - I have an addictive personality and I am sensible enough to know that if I tried it, I'd like it. And then I might get hooked. No thanks to a one-way street for me.
Understood, I know what you mean. There's a few things that I really like so I stay away from it or save it for a special occaision.
shaky baby

United States

#8 Mar 16, 2010
that's my goal is the stay away until a special occasion.
Rocky Priapus

Norfolk, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2010
Do any of you reading this ever wonder whether or not if Hooters outlets all over this country are involved with peddling meth to their girls who work there!?
veritas

Converse, TX

#10 Apr 2, 2010
Rocky Priapus wrote:
Do any of you reading this ever wonder whether or not if Hooters outlets all over this country are involved with peddling meth to their girls who work there!?
Do any of you wonder why they peddle drugs on your programming boxes 24 7.everything is a disorder now.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#11 Apr 2, 2010
Rocky Priapus wrote:
Do any of you reading this ever wonder whether or not if Hooters outlets all over this country are involved with peddling meth to their girls who work there!?
That kinda shit is available on craiglist. Also kiddie porn, prostitutes, gay and lesbian. The whole sick rainbow.
Collieman

Renton, WA

#12 Oct 28, 2010
Maybe thats normal down south. Isn't Florida the Rx capital of the US? Smoking pot is one thing, freebasing synthetic opiates is another. I'm from Seattle and smoking weed at a party is probably the most classic thing to do here. However, some folks go to states(FL) with foolish regulations and destroy their lives on these drugs that are only legaly justified because no one is responsible enough to take them off the market. But if you ruin your life in Florida, at least its sunny...
iwanttruth

Rockdale, Australia

#13 Mar 8, 2011
guys i don't mean to intrude but I've been a catholic Christian for over 20 years and I wondered WTF is going on in this world for a long time. since I've entered Islam, I've never felt like doing any kind of drugs and the people are so nice and please don't get upset, but my point is if everyone followed the Islamic law it wouldn't be this way and yes I'm talking about alot of muslims also. please don't just bag me out because of my opinion. thanks

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#14 Mar 8, 2011
iwanttruth wrote:
guys i don't mean to intrude but I've been a catholic Christian for over 20 years and I wondered WTF is going on in this world for a long time. since I've entered Islam, I've never felt like doing any kind of drugs and the people are so nice and please don't get upset, but my point is if everyone followed the Islamic law it wouldn't be this way and yes I'm talking about alot of muslims also. please don't just bag me out because of my opinion. thanks
Well now, that could be an interesting debate here. Of course it could also TURN INTO SHIT.
But I must ask, was it truly Islam or had you an awakening to the stupidity of controlled substances? Did religion have that much to do with it, or the change of friends and enviroment?
sober only mom

United States

#15 May 25, 2013
its insane. Let's just look around for one minute. My neighbor directly across from me sits outside nodding out on opiates. To my right his wife a drunk next to them weed heads. To my left a vacant lot left of that more opiates and weed. My bf does weed my ex coke weed Molly my ex before that opiates my ex before him meth. My bfs parents weed and ex users as well. I live in a rural good neighborhood. What's the world turned into? Revelations anybody?

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16 May 26, 2013
sober only mom wrote:
its insane. Let's just look around for one minute. My neighbor directly across from me sits outside nodding out on opiates. To my right his wife a drunk next to them weed heads. To my left a vacant lot left of that more opiates and weed. My bf does weed my ex coke weed Molly my ex before that opiates my ex before him meth. My bfs parents weed and ex users as well. I live in a rural good neighborhood. What's the world turned into? Revelations anybody?
I do not believe that a revelation is what is called for. Enlightenment is a much better word.
3 X's? Mmmm, I am led to think that you did/do not use drugs, but there is some repitition there in your behaviour. Good that it's over.
As far as everyone using, well when your life is so F'd up and you can't see the end escape may be the answer. So short term though. On the other hand, one can't go on blameing others for their misfortune. To many 'it's not my fault' senarios out there. Frankly, yes it is. Do something different, get different results.
Alarm clocks

United States

#17 May 27, 2013
Sounds like sober mom needs to surround herself with better people.
You're hanging out with a bunch of dopers in what sounds like a ghetto.

It's not normal for everyone to be on something. Surround yourself with healthier people.
lemonaid

Ottawa, Canada

#18 Feb 13, 2014
I feel the same. In college as an apprentice and mist of us are mid 20's to early 30's. out of twenty students myself and only one other isnt into some form of drug usage and this applies to teachers included. At work, probably about 4 of twenty five dont use anything. Company policy is " air yourself out for at least two minutes before entering a customer' s home". Friends... where can I meet friends who arent into smokin dope or taking other forms of substances?! Between alcoholics, chronic pot smokers and the rest there are slim pickings!. I truly feel as though I am a minority!
NasaBoy

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 14, 2014
Nasa used to be bad off/on. Drugs were traded like jokes over the water cooler.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protest for clean energy held in Cocoa Beach May 24 Thuth 2
News Summer snapper season nixed in Atlantic off Flo... May 22 fishin4funthenrel... 1
band director from Merritt Island HS?? (Aug '06) May 18 Person 34
News Spill sent 1M gallons of sewage toward Banana R... May 18 Bob Villawitz 1
Perk 5's May 16 tip 3
Carlo J Ammann (Jun '12) May 3 Thomato 5
News Homewood Suites By Hilton Opens First Property ... May 1 Robert 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cocoa Beach Mortgages