Florida shooting differs from Trayvon Martin case

There are 1 comment on the Nov 30, 2012, New York Daily News story titled Florida shooting differs from Trayvon Martin case. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Michael David Dunn, 45, is charged with murder and attempted murder in the Nov. 23 shooting at a Jacksonville, Fla., gas station.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#1 Dec 1, 2012
Much as I detest loud music and belong to an action group called Noise Free America, I cannot truthfully accept that shooting the boy was justified. Also, please do not go automatically making this a race thing just because the shooter was white and Davis was black. That cow has been milked too often.

Dunn should have written down Davis' license plate, gone to the police, and charged Davis and the other youngsters with disturbing the peace. Much as I sympathize with Dunn's anger, this cannot be "stand your ground."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Foster Arrested for Child Murder & Abuse (May '12) 19 hr Jeremy D 7
Cleanup celebrating Earth Week tomorrow morning... Apr 24 EarthDay 1
Daje' Justice (Jul '12) Apr 21 Diddy 2
Ebola patient arrives at hosptial Apr 13 ebola news 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cocoa, FL (Aug '10) Apr 13 Go Blue Forever 44
News Italian espresso machine heads to Space Station Apr 13 Abrahammock Relig... 1
Homeless man (Apr '11) Apr 12 Raider 13
More from around the web

Cocoa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]