Cocoa Beach motel credits nudity for business increase

Jul 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The nation's extended economic downturn has produced a nudist motel in Cocoa Beach , Florida.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Norman Conquest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 16, 2012
 

Judged:

11

11

10

Wonderful. Just what CC Beach needs. Fat, naked Canadians. The place is already a dump so let's just go all the way shall we?
Honest American

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 16, 2012
 

Judged:

11

11

11

Norman Conquest wrote:
Wonderful. Just what CC Beach needs. Fat, naked Canadians. The place is already a dump so let's just go all the way shall we?
More morals down the drain in Florida .

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 17, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

8

Why does anyone care? I wouldn't give a crap even if I lived next door to the hotel. It's a private enterprise and only people who choose to participate in a clothing-optional vacation will go. How does that affect anyone?
Norman Conquest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 17, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

9

Charles R Darwin wrote:
Why does anyone care? I wouldn't give a crap even if I lived next door to the hotel. It's a private enterprise and only people who choose to participate in a clothing-optional vacation will go. How does that affect anyone?
It speaks to the further degradation of an area that can ill afford it. CC Beach is a dump populated by aimless beach bums and pock-marked with unsightly/aging commercial properties. The town needs to be cleaning up its reputation and attracting monied family vacationers, not rolling out the red carpet to a small handful of weirdos.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 17, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

8

Norman Conquest wrote:
<quoted text>
It speaks to the further degradation of an area that can ill afford it. CC Beach is a dump populated by aimless beach bums and pock-marked with unsightly/aging commercial properties. The town needs to be cleaning up its reputation and attracting monied family vacationers, not rolling out the red carpet to a small handful of weirdos.
So you're saying their money is not welcome? By your description, one would conclude that ANY thriving business in that town would be welcome. I respect your opinion, but I think it's a bit provincial.
As long as they are sequestered and out of the public's eye, then they can run around bare-assed to their hearts' content.
Norman Conquest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

7

Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying their money is not welcome? By your description, one would conclude that ANY thriving business in that town would be welcome. I respect your opinion, but I think it's a bit provincial.
As long as they are sequestered and out of the public's eye, then they can run around bare-assed to their hearts' content.
I think you overlooked a key statement: "The town needs to be cleaning up its reputation". I drive through CCB several times a month and I can assure you that this is not a step in the right direction for a place that fancies itself a family destination within striking distance of the Orlando attractions. In a city already festooned with tattoo parlors, pawn shops, strip joints and dive bars we shall now add a nudie hotel.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

10

Norman Conquest wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you overlooked a key statement: "The town needs to be cleaning up its reputation". I drive through CCB several times a month and I can assure you that this is not a step in the right direction for a place that fancies itself a family destination within striking distance of the Orlando attractions. In a city already festooned with tattoo parlors, pawn shops, strip joints and dive bars we shall now add a nudie hotel.
It's Cocoa Beach, right? Well, why don't we just ask Major Nelson to order Jeannie to blink her eyes and fix the problems?

Just kidding...

Yeah, we have places like that in my area as well. We have Snookie and the rest of the Jersey Shore cast.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

10

9

9

Naturalist businesses are in no way similar to strip bars, tattoo parlors, etc. There is nothing sexual about these places. I have done patient visits at the nudist colony in Kissimmee and while for those of us who prefer to be clothed, it is a little disconcerting to see folks going about their daily routines naked except for (often) shoes and socks, I can tell you that these are not "body beautiful" folks strutting their stuff. In addition, they have strict hygiene rules (hence everyone carrying their towel around to sit on), and keep their nakedness confined to the prescribed areas of the resort. While nudism is not something that I care to engage in, the judgmental attitudes are misplaced. Oh, and many of them are fairly wealthy and spend their money in your community. You might try saying "thank you".

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

9

8

6

Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Cocoa Beach, right? Well, why don't we just ask Major Nelson to order Jeannie to blink her eyes and fix the problems?
Just kidding...
Yeah, we have places like that in my area as well. We have Snookie and the rest of the Jersey Shore cast.
Went to CCB a few years ago. Nothing to do but go to Ron Jons and get one heck of a sunburn.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

8

7

7

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to CCB a few years ago. Nothing to do but go to Ron Jons and get one heck of a sunburn.
Just think about that sunburn where the sun don't (normally) shine...

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

8

1

1

tired of silly wrote:
Naturalist businesses are in no way similar to strip bars, tattoo parlors, etc. There is nothing sexual about these places. I have done patient visits at the nudist colony in Kissimmee and while for those of us who prefer to be clothed, it is a little disconcerting to see folks going about their daily routines naked except for (often) shoes and socks, I can tell you that these are not "body beautiful" folks strutting their stuff. In addition, they have strict hygiene rules (hence everyone carrying their towel around to sit on), and keep their nakedness confined to the prescribed areas of the resort. While nudism is not something that I care to engage in, the judgmental attitudes are misplaced. Oh, and many of them are fairly wealthy and spend their money in your community. You might try saying "thank you".
There's a nude beach in Martha's Vineyard. There is definetly nothing sexual in he way these people act. Just smearing on sunscreen in places we clothed folks don't have to. There is nothing sexy about a 70 year old hiney!!! The nude beach and regular beach are also in the same place. Families know about it and just don't go up by the nude area. We made the mistake of walking to far. Been there for years. Norman, your way of thinking went out in 1399 with the rest of the Angevins.
Newbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 7, 2012
 
What about Canaveral shoreline is it not clothing optional. Playalinda I think
Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Honest American wrote:
<quoted text> More morals down the drain in Florida .
I think all you northeners should not worry about are beaches and worry about your own and quit watching your sister sunbath nude in your little yard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cocoa Beach Discussions

Search the Cocoa Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 18 hr Bright Guy 2,645
the numbers are up Apr 20 good news 1
sunrise mobile home park Apr 18 wanting2no 1
U.S., Russia still friends in space Apr 10 comrade yershenko 3
Cocoa Beach leaders to discuss medical marijuan... Apr 7 jrnfla 1
A piece of 9/11 history comes to BrevardA piece... Apr 7 The Nose 10
May be moving to cocoa Apr 7 gary 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cocoa Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cocoa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••