King's legacy still cause of debate

Jan 19, 2014 Full story: USA Today 1,088

It is a large legacy that looms over the past five decades, from the prophetic "I Have a Dream" speech delivered during the March on Washington to his last campaign taking a stand for underpaid black sanitation workers in Memphis, the city where he was slain.

Full Story

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#666 Feb 6, 2014
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE wrote:
Its hilarious to listen all that shit about "researching" "Doctor" King hahaha. The FBI researched the filthy lying whoremonger while he was alive. Why not ask for some copies of their RESEARCH? And as far as you numbskulls talking about him being a Doctor why not INVESTIGATE which high school he graduated from before those negroe cooncage colleges give him the false titles of Reverand and Doctor. Maybe you can also include how he was born Michael King and how his father took him to Nazi Germany to meet Hitler in 1939 and have his name changed. Now that would be interesting!!!!!!!!!! And do the public a favor and stop asking topix to erase the TRUTH about your so called "Doctor!"
If I were to present the stuff that that "Patriot" posts at a scholarly conference I'd be laughed off the podium.

Baltimore, Md.

#667 Feb 6, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister Savant,
You punks you do believe the lies you tell. Don.t? You are insane.
It is a FACT that Margaret Thatcher REFUSED an audience to Sarah Palin, Mrs Grundy. Not that I care how reactionaries treat each other. But the point remians that even European reactionaries think that American reactionaries are so dumb that it's too embarrassing to be seen with their Yankee conservative contemporaries.

I can't blame them.

Baltimore, Md.

#674 Feb 6, 2014
Right now its King's children who are disgracing the legacy of their father. Those silly kids.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#680 Feb 6, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were to present the stuff that that "Patriot" posts at a scholarly conference I'd be laughed off the podium.
If you were to open your stupid mouth at a scholarly conference, you would be laughed off the podium

Saint Louis, MO

#681 Feb 6, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> It is a FACT that Margaret Thatcher REFUSED an audience to Sarah Palin, Mrs Grundy. Not that I care how reactionaries treat each other. But the point remians that even European reactionaries think that American reactionaries are so dumb that it's too embarrassing to be seen with their Yankee conservative contemporaries.
I can't blame them.
Yeah. That's why the revolutionaries kicked your asssssess out of Algeria. I understand perfectly well.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#682 Feb 6, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> It is a FACT that Margaret Thatcher REFUSED an audience to Sarah Palin, Mrs Grundy. Not that I care how reactionaries treat each other. But the point remians that even European reactionaries think that American reactionaries are so dumb that it's too embarrassing to be seen with their Yankee conservative contemporaries.
I can't blame them.
No, that is not a fact. It is also not a fact that Margaret Thatcher was "reactionary." Thatcher was a liberal. And obviously you do care about how supposed "reactionaries" treat each other. Otherwise you would not have known about such minutiae as Sarah Palin and Margaret Thatcher. And you certainly would not have taken the time to comment about it here, what with all the time you are spending dedicated to the REVOLUTION you are planning against the "crakkka."

Baltimore, Md.

#684 Feb 7, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to open your stupid mouth at a scholarly conference, you would be laughed off the podium
I've IN FACT presented papers at the American Philosophical Association, Philosophy Born of Struggle, the Sartre Society of North America, the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy, the Association for the Study of African American History and Culture. Not once I have received such a negative response. In fact, I repeatedly hear when I am at such conferences that people are using MY WRITINGS in their classes at Brown U, Howard U, Purdue University, etc.
When I was at the Philosophy Born of Struggle Conference in October to discuss the Legacy of Dr. King, my work was well received and applauded.

You can make up any crap you want, but I have respect in the intellectual commuity--and the local activist community--that would NEVER be available to you.

Baltimore, Md.

#685 Feb 7, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That's why the revolutionaries kicked your asssssess out of Algeria. I understand perfectly well.
Moron! I was a small child during the Algerian Revolution. And living in east Baltimore, not as a French colonizer in Algeria..
Are you on CRACK!!!

Baltimore, Md.

#686 Feb 7, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not a fact. It is also not a fact that Margaret Thatcher was "reactionary." Thatcher was a liberal. And obviously you do care about how supposed "reactionaries" treat each other. Otherwise you would not have known about such minutiae as Sarah Palin and Margaret Thatcher. And you certainly would not have taken the time to comment about it here, what with all the time you are spending dedicated to the REVOLUTION you are planning against the "crakkka."
Only in America--perhaps the most BACKWARD of Western industrial nationss--could Thatcher be regarded as a "liberal" or progressive.

Naturally, only a right wing nitwit can imagine that I'm waging a struggle agains the "crakka." How simpleminded!

Saint Louis, MO

#687 Feb 7, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Moron! I was a small child during the Algerian Revolution. And living in east Baltimore, not as a French colonizer in Algeria..
Are you on CRACK!!!
So, I guess you never really got to me Franz Fanon, huh? How sad...! I bet you lay awake at night crying about knowing NOTHING about Fanon.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#688 Feb 7, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in America--perhaps the most BACKWARD of Western industrial nationss--could Thatcher be regarded as a "liberal" or progressive.
She was regarded in EUROPE as a liberal.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, only a right wing nitwit can imagine that I'm waging a struggle agains the "crakka." How simpleminded!
Of course you are. You've made it abundantly clear that you want to destroy "whiteness," crush "white supremacy," and end "white privilege." You are so about the struggle against whitey. Only a fool would not understand that.
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE

Oaxaca, Mexico

#689 Feb 7, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well BEFORE the laughing begins just simply show us with your "scholarly" Works what high school the fale ass "Doctor" King atended and graduated from. There is a very simple process to prepare ones self (and it is required) for university studies. That being the completion of lower eduaction. Hell I an POSITIVE King never finished high school and for that matter Im not sure he ever atended a grade school. No formal education is required to stand in front of a group of illiterate fools and work them into a frenzy or spend the night drinking and screwing prostitutes! Now what else did he accomplish? Besides making a worthwhile target to rid the world of a Nazi raised communist sympathizer?
Dont allow my scholarly concept of investigation confuse you Mr illustrious liar. Just what the hell is the name of the High School where King graduated??????? And ?????????
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE

Oaxaca, Mexico

#692 Feb 7, 2014
Just as I figured. Theres no record of King GRADUATING from any formal grade school. Nothing but atended and enrolled references Hahaha. What a crock of shit. As time passes the liberal appeasers and the blacks will continue to falsely elevate that idiot. Perhaps some day they will simply say his scholastic records are sealed! That seems to be a popular move to cover up a non existent wad of shit nowadays. So there we have the masses of afriKANTS promoting a non educated communist troublemaker whoremonger.
As for you savanti. Ill be more than happy to attend any of your "scolarly" events and point out the truth to one and all. Name the place and time! Pleezzzeeee! You Heard it here by a veteran of the Mesopotamia sandbox. King was nothing more than a troublemaking communist whoremonger! Anyone disagreeing PROVE me wrong or shut your fkn mouth!

Saint Louis, MO

#696 Feb 8, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course you are. You've made it abundantly clear that you want to destroy "whiteness," crush "white supremacy," and end "white privilege." You are so about the struggle against whitey. Only a fool would not understand that.
The people of London threw a big party and celebrated when she died: The B!tch is Dead, The B!tch is Dead, The B!tch is Dead.

Saint Louis, MO

#697 Feb 8, 2014

Baltimore, Md.

#699 Feb 8, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess you never really got to me Franz Fanon, huh? How sad...! I bet you lay awake at night crying about knowing NOTHING about Fanon.
I not only have a deeper knowledge of Frantz Fanon than you, but a deeper knowledge of Nkrumah as well.
Anybody who claims to know CONSCIENCISM and even CLASS STRUGGLE and Africa while denying Nkumah's philosophical commitment to Marxism is a DUNCE. As dumb as those idiots who think that Dr. King was a Marxist or a conservative Republican.

Baltimore, Md.

#700 Feb 8, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
White skinned people of European descent, but who are still HUMAN, are also committed to crushing white supremacy and white privilege.
Only you white racist cretins and anthropoids are still trying to hold onto white supremacy and white privilege---with the aid of certain black buck dancers like Assdurratin.

Baltimore, Md.

#701 Feb 8, 2014
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE wrote:
<quoted text> Well BEFORE the laughing begins just simply show us with your "scholarly" Works what high school the fale ass "Doctor" King atended and graduated from. There is a very simple process to prepare ones self (and it is required) for university studies. That being the completion of lower eduaction. Hell I an POSITIVE King never finished high school and for that matter Im not sure he ever atended a grade school. No formal education is required to stand in front of a group of illiterate fools and work them into a frenzy or spend the night drinking and screwing prostitutes! Now what else did he accomplish? Besides making a worthwhile target to rid the world of a Nazi raised communist sympathizer?
Dont allow my scholarly concept of investigation confuse you Mr illustrious liar. Just what the hell is the name of the High School where King graduated??????? And ?????????
Lay off the crystal Meth. At any scholarly gathering a man would be laughed off the podium even for taking your claims seriously enough to try to refute them.

Read some King scholars on King and then MAYBE we can talk. LOL!

Baltimore, Md.

#702 Feb 8, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I keep forgetting that you have to explain even the most elementary things to our mentally challenged American conservatives.
Depending on the context "liberal" can mean the same as "conservative"--at least if one is referring to "classical" liberalism. In such cases, liberal and conservative may be used interchangeably by some Europeans. Or one can mean "liberal" in something of the sense that one means when one speaks of FDR liberalism.
Classical liberalism is the "conservatism" which replaced an older conservatism of the pre-modern, pre-bourgeois classes.
Unfortunately, I've not the time or patience to instruct in fundamentals of the history and culture of Europe, your ancestral homeland. Do they have any libraries in the town where you live?

Baltimore, Md.

#703 Feb 8, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of London threw a big party and celebrated when she died: The B!tch is Dead, The B!tch is Dead, The B!tch is Dead.
If they were joyously celebrating the death of the Iron Lady they have my deepest sympathy and solidarity.
Fyuck Thatcher and Reagan. May the devil take them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beach boys Dec 12 anita johnson 2
'There's your new spacecraft, America!': NASA Dec 8 SpaceBlues 1
vacationing soon at cocoa beach Dec 8 gary 12
Launch of new Orion spaceship has NASA flying high Dec 6 gary 4
has 16streets turned into a lgbt surf report? Dec 5 hatteras island f... 1
Expanded health coverage merits push from leaders Nov 26 MARGE 1
Skateboarders on Barton Ave Rockledge Out of Co... (May '14) Nov 23 Rockledge Sucks 14
Cocoa Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cocoa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cocoa Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cocoa Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:29 pm PST

NFL 3:29PM