King's legacy still cause of debate

King's legacy still cause of debate

There are 1089 comments on the USA Today story from Jan 19, 2014, titled King's legacy still cause of debate. In it, USA Today reports that:

It is a large legacy that looms over the past five decades, from the prophetic "I Have a Dream" speech delivered during the March on Washington to his last campaign taking a stand for underpaid black sanitation workers in Memphis, the city where he was slain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#239 Jan 22, 2014
souper Bowl xlviiii

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#240 Jan 22, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow /The-Shocking-State-of-Our-Sch ools/2
it"s dat Bo McQueen?
Queen Latifah California Dreamin Lyrics .
souper Bowl xlviiii

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#241 Jan 22, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
Cram it.
There is plenty wrong with the educational system in the U$A but only a deluded connedservative would lay the blame on the teachers unions!
You speak from pure ideological motive, with no concern for facts. You don't care about education, you just hate Unions. Which makes you vile.
You hate the worker, you kiss corporate ass, you're a racist...wow, you're really a DRAG on this country, aren't you, schmuck...
Pinche inútil... múerete ya.
do U wanne expaint He brewiskey in here;-000
souper Bowl xlviiii

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#242 Jan 22, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE ARE THE SOURCES, liar? I don't do your homework for you, putz!
mjjcpa IS mocKing you inda facebuck of O^hi-0borock;) Stopix!! ;-00r if U dont trust him just google!!!!!! ;-000
souper Bowl xlviiii

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#243 Jan 22, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
Cram it.
There is plenty wrong with the educational system in the U$A but only a deluded connedservative would lay the blame on the teachers unions!
You speak from pure ideological motive, with no concern for facts. You don't care about education, you just hate Unions. Which makes you vile.
You hate the worker, you kiss corporate ass, you're a racist...wow, you're really a DRAG on this country, aren't you, schmuck...
Pinche inútil... múerete ya.
if U wanna search for David king dong flag here;)
fly to phoenix drive I-17 to Flagstaff, AZ hop U find yo King david six-GON or biTrinagle!! ;-00

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#245 Jan 22, 2014
Here's what Wisconsin's legal system and its teachers unions have just taught the nation: If you're a teacher and you get fired for looking at porn at work, you'll get your job back.

Such is the case of Andrew Harris, former seventh-grade science teacher at Glacier Creek Middle School in the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.

The district's school board Monday voted in a special closed session to comply with an arbitrator's 60-page order that demands Harris be reinstated. He was fired in 2010 after receiving and viewing multiple pornographic and sexually inappropriate images and videos, according to a complaint.

To add insult to the district's injury, taxpayers will have to pay Harris nearly $200,000 in back pay. In total the district will spend nearly $1 million on the case, the brunt of which went to legally defending its position that the firing was fair.

The board opted to end its legal challenge and "move on" after the state Supreme Court last week declined to take up the district's appeal of the arbitrator's decision.

"We were disappointed they did not decide to hear the case, and we are disappointed the legal system played out the way it did," district spokesman Perry Hibner told Wisconsin Reporter on Tuesday.

On Tuesday afternoon, the district announced it has has offered Harris a position teaching the same subject and grade at Kromrey Middle School.
facebuck

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#246 Jan 23, 2014
robertfesd wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ9N_kE3Nf I … Fountain of Luck Baptism Service for Queen Latifah baby
;-00h, Bapteeth;) Bushy called dat waterboarding!! ;-000h, U missed the Duck joke;-00
facebuck

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#247 Jan 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
Here's what Wisconsin's legal system and its teachers unions have just taught the nation: If you're a teacher and you get fired for looking at porn at work, you'll get your job back.
Such is the case of Andrew Harris, former seventh-grade science teacher at Glacier Creek Middle School in the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.
The district's school board Monday voted in a special closed session to comply with an arbitrator's 60-page order that demands Harris be reinstated. He was fired in 2010 after receiving and viewing multiple pornographic and sexually inappropriate images and videos, according to a complaint.
To add insult to the district's injury, taxpayers will have to pay Harris nearly $200,000 in back pay. In total the district will spend nearly $1 million on the case, the brunt of which went to legally defending its position that the firing was fair.
The board opted to end its legal challenge and "move on" after the state Supreme Court last week declined to take up the district's appeal of the arbitrator's decision.
"We were disappointed they did not decide to hear the case, and we are disappointed the legal system played out the way it did," district spokesman Perry Hibner told Wisconsin Reporter on Tuesday.
On Tuesday afternoon, the district announced it has has offered Harris a position teaching the same subject and grade at Kromrey Middle School.
U think-wishconsin!!!!!!!!!here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Obey
hav U C?!;)
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#248 Jan 23, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
Cram it.
There is plenty wrong with the educational system in the U$A but only a deluded connedservative would lay the blame on the teachers unions!
You speak from pure ideological motive, with no concern for facts. You don't care about education, you just hate Unions. Which makes you vile.
You hate the worker, you kiss corporate ass, you're a racist...wow, you're really a DRAG on this country, aren't you, schmuck...
Pinche inútil... múerete ya.
The above idiocy brought to you by just another product of the public education system ala the teachers union.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#249 Jan 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow /The-Shocking-State-of-Our-Sch ools/2
The NEA was trusted to educate, they have become a union scheme.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#250 Jan 23, 2014
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>The NEA was trusted to educate, they have become a union scheme.
Agreed.

Planned parenthoods got $500 million from the US Govt. last year, even tough it's against federal law to fund abortion.

Most of the money winds up in the liberal purse.

We spend more on healthcare and education than any other country, and get lackluster results in most cases for the same reason.

I love teachers, cops, firemen and almost all civil servants who protect us. Sadly, many politicians have promised these people unreasonable compensation packages in order to buy their votes. They also use public resources for corrupt union business.

It's a huge problem. My friends in the PD think Republicans want less cops. I tell them that's a liberal lie. We want more cops. We just don't want their pensions to kill the few remaining industries left here in NY. There won't be ANY cops when the municipalities ALL start declaring bankruptcy. They can't print money in NY and IL, just Washington DC.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#251 Jan 23, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
The above idiocy brought to you by just another product of the public education system ala the teachers union.
Exactly.

Even bill gates and oprah agree teachers unions are a clear and present danger to national security.
Truth Factor

Tlacolula De Matamoros, Mexico

#252 Jan 23, 2014
I always celebrate Mlk Day on April 4th giving him the same honor that I give Osama Bin Laden Mat 2nd. They both had a lot in common and should be remembered as such.
A real tribute should be paid to James Earl Ray and the US Navy Seals that brought them both to justice. At least we didnt make a big deal with Osama and dropped him off in shark infested waters where they both belong. Save me with the built up "legacy" of that worthless King. He was nothing more than a home grown communist inspired terrorist whoremonger. Nothing more nothing less!
I too have a dream where that worthless son of a bitch is burning in hell! Non-violently of course.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#253 Jan 23, 2014
Truth Factor wrote:
I always celebrate Mlk Day on April 4th giving him the same honor that I give Osama Bin Laden Mat 2nd. They both had a lot in common and should be remembered as such.
A real tribute should be paid to James Earl Ray and the US Navy Seals that brought them both to justice. At least we didnt make a big deal with Osama and dropped him off in shark infested waters where they both belong. Save me with the built up "legacy" of that worthless King. He was nothing more than a home grown communist inspired terrorist whoremonger. Nothing more nothing less!
I too have a dream where that worthless son of a bitch is burning in hell! Non-violently of course.
When you get a free moment, drop dead.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#254 Jan 23, 2014
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>The NEA was trusted to educate, they have become a union scheme.
You're a fascist.

What's a “Union scheme”? You want teachers to be paid less? Abused by management? That's your connedservative wet dream, isn't it?

You against all Union, eh?

You're scum, and a traitor, boy.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#255 Jan 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Even bill gates and oprah agree teachers unions are a clear and present danger to national security.
You connedservative pig. You want public servants to have no pensions, teachers to work for peanuts... F U, boy.

Scum like you are why this country is f'ed up. Middle class disappearing, corporate hegemony increasing, small town downtowns dead all over the country.

What is your problem, boy? You mentally ill? I'll be I can cure what's wrong with you.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#256 Jan 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
As a nation, America has fallen far, far behind in education. The proof is in the statistics.
Among 30 developed countries, the United States ranks 25th in math and 21st in science. Not only that, but as other countries are improving their schools systems, education experts say the American system is getting worse.
"There are more than 2,000 dropout factories in our country," Davis explains. "A dropout factory is [a high school] where more than 40 percent of the kids do not graduate. And that means that we have 1.2 million kids without a diploma leaving our schools."
This is our problem as a nation, Oprah says. "We are not going to be able to compete in a global economy with 1.2 million kids dropping out every year," she says.
The U$A is behind the rest of the developed world in EVERYTHING, thanks to connedservatives like you.

Notice that the other developed countries have demosocialism in effect, universal healthcare, etc.

You backwards reactionary nitwit. Don't vote, boy. That will help the country. It's a start at least.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#257 Jan 23, 2014
Abortion is murder, i would bet they don't want to hear that.
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Planned parenthoods got $500 million from the US Govt. last year, even tough it's against federal law to fund abortion.
Most of the money winds up in the liberal purse.
We spend more on healthcare and education than any other country, and get lackluster results in most cases for the same reason.
I love teachers, cops, firemen and almost all civil servants who protect us. Sadly, many politicians have promised these people unreasonable compensation packages in order to buy their votes. They also use public resources for corrupt union business.
It's a huge problem. My friends in the PD think Republicans want less cops. I tell them that's a liberal lie. We want more cops. We just don't want their pensions to kill the few remaining industries left here in NY. There won't be ANY cops when the municipalities ALL start declaring bankruptcy. They can't print money in NY and IL, just Washington DC.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#258 Jan 23, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
You connedservative pig. You want public servants to have no pensions, teachers to work for peanuts... F U, boy.
Scum like you are why this country is f'ed up. Middle class disappearing, corporate hegemony increasing, small town downtowns dead all over the country.
What is your problem, boy? You mentally ill? I'll be I can cure what's wrong with you.
Please stop lying, and try to keep your panties from bunching.

I never said I don't want teachers to have pensions or to work for peanuts. I want them to have some accountability which they lack now.

Liberals infuct everything they touch.

Corporations and our military do a far better job training than our liberal-run schools.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#259 Jan 23, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
The U$A is behind the rest of the developed world in EVERYTHING, thanks to connedservatives like you.
Notice that the other developed countries have demosocialism in effect, universal healthcare, etc.
You backwards reactionary nitwit. Don't vote, boy. That will help the country. It's a start at least.
Please cite some of these countries so I can show you how they do it.

The countries that practice socialism have much higher unemployment rates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for rental property 21 hr desperate 1
News Cops: Naked man hung out near road Aug 22 David 2
Mannequin in window on Rockledge Dr Jul '15 Trublu 1
Watts Park the New Pickle Park Jul '15 Bernie Goetz 1
News Brevard's youngest murderer will soon be free Jul '15 Lilsbaby12 1
get your herb Jul '15 karma 1
jerry lobosco Jul '15 karmasucks 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cocoa Beach Mortgages