2010 Florida Governor Race Election R...

2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a " Rick Scott Wins | The News of Today

There are 3001 comments on the thenewsoftoday.com story from Nov 3, 2010, titled 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a " Rick Scott Wins | The News of Today. In it, thenewsoftoday.com reports that:

Posted by Jason Moore on Nov 3rd, 2010 and filed under Featured News . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response or trackback to this entry Florida Governor The 2010 Florida Governor Race has been a close one ever since the primaries ended.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thenewsoftoday.com.

bottlecap

Largo, FL

#41 Nov 4, 2010
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy waxes his forehead and he has strong business ties in the medical industry..
You think that this turd is going to fight to repeal the mandatory health insurance law?.. hahahahahahahha!!
I can hear him now.. "I tried folks, but I just couldn’t get it done"..
FYI Scott was one of the leading voices fighting against HillaryCare in the 90's.

That was the MAIN reason that Columbia/HCA was raided by Federal Regulators.

I am certain that Scott along with newly-elected Attorney General, Pam Bondi will, in fact, STRONGLY OPPOSE the "mandatory health insurance law".
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#43 Nov 4, 2010
CitizenTopix wrote:
How do you feel about the results?
CUBA RUBIE and Stick'em up Rick...What a pair!!1...It's DOWN the toilet for Florida!!!!
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#44 Nov 4, 2010
Tom wrote:
OK folks, here it comes! Spending will be cut - unemployment, medicaid, medicare, food stamps.
You will get your mandantory sonograms for women seeking an abortion (unfunded mandate), foreclosures will skyrocket and your taxes will go up as your property values plummet. One thing you can be sure of - the salaries and perks of our 'holier than thou' government will continue to increase - after all, you couldn't expect the "belt tightening" to include them.....
WELL...Everyone grab a shopping cart,hit the streets, and we can ALL starve together...

in the Florida SUNSHINE!!!!
bottlecap

Largo, FL

#45 Nov 4, 2010
Allan Reed wrote:
Media reports routinely say Scott’s Columbia-HCA Corp.“systematically” defrauded the federal government — never citing evidence that it was proven Scott or his fellow senior managers condoned or even hinted at perpetrating the alleged fraud, never citing evidence of malice and premeditation by Scott. In last week’s gubernatorial debate, Democratic candidate Sink simply repeated the mantra:“I can’t think of anything more frightening,” she said.“He led a company with the most massive Medicare fraud, cheating seniors and taxpayers … The people of Florida cannot trust you at all.”
To be expected, the state’s biggest newspapers dug into the scandal. They reported, although downplayed, that Scott was never charged with any crimes nor investigated. The Miami Herald said “federal investigators found that Scott took part in business practices … that were later found to be illegal”— citing no evidence of Scott’s personal involvement nor noting that these “practices” were widely accepted in the industry until federal regulators changed the rules.
As newspapers often do, The Miami Herald, unable to convict Scott in print, resorted to a standard journalistic practice — raise doubt in readers’ minds about Scott’s character and attribute this opinion to “experts.” Wrote the Herald last June:
“Whether or not Scott was aware of his company’s questionable conduct, the breadth of the problems raises questions about Scott’s leadership, management experts say.”
But if you talk to the people who worked at Scott’s side during his tenure as Columbia-HCA’s CEO, former Columbia-HCA board members, as well as outsiders whose companies did business with Scott or sat on opposite sides of a negotiating table with Scott, the picture of Rick Scott is far different from the one Scott’s political opponents and mainstream media have depicted.
• Stephen Braun, Columbia-HCA’s general counsel who has known and worked with Scott for nearly three decades:“He’s as honest as a Boy Scout.”
LINK.. http://www.review.net/section/detail/10-15-20...
Alex Sink sank lies into all of you. Rick Scott was never charged, convicted of anything because it was found illegal after his COMPANY, not HIM, his company dug into it. He stood up for his company and had to resign. All Scott did was do the right thing and take blame for what his company did, while not knowing it was illegal. Read the article democrats! As for Sink, glad she lost! She cheated people out of many jobs, including a person I know. She just isn't cut out to govern Florida. This is a very liberal blog, but wanted to post the FACTS about the so called "scandal".
Super Post!
Max

Lakeland, FL

#46 Nov 4, 2010
Happy Days are here again....
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#47 Nov 4, 2010
slick wrote:
<quoted text>where did all of these idiots come from? bad grammar-bad grammar.
Professor Powell is a SMART-ASS...
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#48 Nov 4, 2010
flbrat wrote:
Politicians are supposed to work for US. The People. We need to hold them accountable. Keep your eyes open. Keep yourself informed. Give Mr Scott a chance, but not a second chance unless it is earned.
Where in the HELL has your head been during this election campaign???...UP YOUR ASS???...The ONLY place Robbin'Rick needs to be is the Federal Penitentiary...
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#49 Nov 4, 2010
Max wrote:
Happy Days are here again....
but not for Floridians!!!!!
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#50 Nov 4, 2010
Francis Michael Jerry wrote:
Victory in the Lord I say to you. The Lord proves once again how he protects his faithful followers and only hope my sons are paying close attention.
As predicted Walk all over ya signs in front of Wachovia has been changed to Wells Fargo on Abercorn in Savannah Georgia. A wise move.
Wells Fargo acquired previously a company that I was Controller of for quite a few years.
Wish Marco Rubio the best and hope he doesn't become another Mel Martinez who simply disappeared while in the Senate. Mel while sittng on the bank committee completely ignored my pleas to straighten out the flagrant grievences of the bank.
They may of prevented a bailout by the United States Government. Wachovia was flagrantly vilolating consumer rights in it's bank policies and procedures to put it mildly.
another CUBA RUBIE fan!!!
Florida resident

Bradenton, FL

#51 Nov 4, 2010
If what Scott says is true, people will not like living in Florida. The only way to do what he promises is to diminish services in the state. So get used to no one replying to your complaints, lack of law enforcement, lack of everything we have come to know. If you think you are going to save money on property taxes, fine, but wait for every fee possible to go up. Money has to come from somewhere. Like paying to go to the beach, or a park, get used to it. This is what you voted for. Scott seems to think we should drill for oil off of our coast to make up for revenue, good plan Scott. The only one who will get a break is big business and developers, they really need it. How many time does it have to be proven that money does not trickle down from the rich, that is why they are rich.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#52 Nov 4, 2010
evie wrote:
<quoted text>
HA, contact your reps and tell them what? good luck that wont
happen in tallahasee. you worry about the politicians in office, what about the crooks that are running the state offices. THAT is where the problem lies.
If people had any idea what the people in charge of the head offices in florida really do behind everyones back.
They are the true violators of the rules and statutes of florida
or should I say LIARS which is worse.
I never said the department heads were good or bad...and I know some should never have been placed there. Actually, I know a lot of things that should be changed, particularly where DCF and the Dept. of Corrections are concerned. Maybe all the departments will be looked at and reorganized.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#53 Nov 4, 2010
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI Scott was one of the leading voices fighting against HillaryCare in the 90's.
That was the MAIN reason that Columbia/HCA was raided by Federal Regulators.
I am certain that Scott along with newly-elected Attorney General, Pam Bondi will, in fact, STRONGLY OPPOSE the "mandatory health insurance law".
You can post this til doomsday and some of these posters will never check into it or believe it...

“The Inevitable”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54 Nov 4, 2010
A lot of these posters against Scott are the same ones that believe that Obama has a valid birth certificate. Go figure
A1ACharles

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55 Nov 4, 2010
No likie
I quit voting

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#56 Nov 4, 2010
MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>CUBA RUBIE and Stick'em up Rick...What a pair!!1...It's DOWN the toilet for Florida!!!!
Are you an American Indian? Seems you like to place the country of a person’s linage in front of their name, so you must be 100% American Indian.

None granted we do not yet know how Governor Rick Scott and Marco (Born in Miami) Rubio will perform as governor and Senator. However I feel much better as a Floridian than I would as a Californian under Brown and Boxer. How much do you what to bet that Brown’s first act as governor will be to raise taxes. Granted this could work out well for other states as businesses flee the repressive taxes and fees so he can spend more money.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#57 Nov 4, 2010
Florida resident wrote:
If what Scott says is true, people will not like living in Florida. The only way to do what he promises is to diminish services in the state. So get used to no one replying to your complaints, lack of law enforcement, lack of everything we have come to know. If you think you are going to save money on property taxes, fine, but wait for every fee possible to go up. Money has to come from somewhere. Like paying to go to the beach, or a park, get used to it. This is what you voted for. Scott seems to think we should drill for oil off of our coast to make up for revenue, good plan Scott. The only one who will get a break is big business and developers, they really need it. How many time does it have to be proven that money does not trickle down from the rich, that is why they are rich.
Yes maybe if we get rid of some of the services for the government leaches and fire some of the repetitive government employees, reduce some government salaries stop spending those “Nice to Haves” then maybe some of the government leaches will leave for California and make this state a nicer place to live. BTW, do you run your household finances and spending the same way the government does? Just think about that and why or why not?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#58 Nov 4, 2010
MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY place Robbin'Rick needs to be is the Federal Penitentiary...
Why?

“ya heard?”

Since: Oct 10

marcy projects

#60 Nov 4, 2010
OBAMA SUX and so does all of your republican garbage. fear this and that....they be takin our gunz....whatever. i will go get me some free cheez and milk and make sure my free gov debit card is full of ur money. i am the leech that wants all but gives nothing....hoo am i? the trpical voter everyone panders to as a politician. they even want me to get an absentee ballot if i cant get the bus to take me to the pollz. hahahaha rot from within. u bet ur azz i can watch american idol tho. lol
Different faces same old

Tampa, FL

#61 Nov 4, 2010
Different faces but still the same old crap. Dear women say goodbye to your productive rights you have no right or say over your body. Say goodbye to the public highway and say hello to privatize highways and bridges. Say goodbye to Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid say goodbye to workmen's compensation say goodbye to permanent disability act and don't forget to say you're sorry to your grandmother.

“ya heard?”

Since: Oct 10

marcy projects

#62 Nov 4, 2010
Different faces same old wrote:
Different faces but still the same old crap. Dear women say goodbye to your productive rights you have no right or say over your body. Say goodbye to the public highway and say hello to privatize highways and bridges. Say goodbye to Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid say goodbye to workmen's compensation say goodbye to permanent disability act and don't forget to say you're sorry to your grandmother.
damn they are cookin fruitcakes early this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homewood Suites By Hilton Opens First Property ... Sun Robert 1
News Graham named Public Works Director of 2016 Sat Nonprofits 1
Homeless man (Apr '11) Apr 24 hhkhiu 18
Need pointed in the right direction Apr 24 Nice try 5
has 16streets turned into a lgbt surf report? (Dec '14) Apr 22 IntellectualismIs... 2
ABC Liquors Promotes Race Mixing Apr 17 Nokmim 14
News Group seeks donations for hurt deputy (Jan '08) Apr 17 Nokmim 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cocoa Beach Mortgages