A suspect, few clues

A suspect, few clues

There are 24 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 5, 2008, titled A suspect, few clues. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Nicholas Browning appeared on the television screen in a Towson courtroom yesterday, his dirty-blond hair tousled, wearing a jail-issued orange jumpsuit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HoCo Local

Hyattsville, MD

#1 Feb 5, 2008
The Browning family has seen similar fatal violence before.
Spootoo

Mechanicsville, VA

#2 Feb 5, 2008
Yes, in fact, one of John W. Browning's sisters was accidently killed by a gun discharge in their family home around 35 years ago. I went to Ellicott City Middle School and Howard High School with John.

KB
HoCo Local

Hyattsville, MD

#3 Feb 5, 2008
Yes, Victoria Browning, was it really an accident???
K-Romulus

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 5, 2008
Not the "22 times" nonsense - yet again. 19 of those 22 deaths were suicides, and there was no data on whether the other 3 deaths "in the home" were by residents, or if the guns were even legally owned to begin with.
The giveaway of bias is the misleading description of the Brady Campaign - "grassroots" would only apply if you count Hollywood big-shots and NYC politicians as "grass roots." Come on, Sun, at least try and respect the readers.
High School student

Honolulu, HI

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Dose anyone know What were the Motives behind Nicholas Browning actions
know

Baltimore, MD

#6 Feb 5, 2008
Tell us more about this tragedy
know

Baltimore, MD

#7 Feb 5, 2008
Tell us more about John Browning incident
Classmate of Vikki

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Feb 6, 2008
I got out the Valentine card that Vikki gave me days before she was killed in 1973. She said she wanted to give it to me early. I've kept it all these years because she was a special person. I lit a candle for her memory today.
Mike

Vienna, VA

#9 Feb 6, 2008
HoCo Local wrote:
Yes it was. I discovered today that John Browning was the younger brother of Lee Browning, who I graduated from high school with. I remember the tragedy that the community dealt with back then and the difficulty that Lee must have to deal with to this day. Today, it has been difficult for me to relive that incident and read that the media has been trying to contact Lee to ask him to relive it also. While I did not know his sister Vikki, I know that she was a very pretty girl and popular at Howard High as well. My thoughts are with Peg Browning and her family.

The two incidents are entirely different but have one thing in common - the use of guns in the sport of hunting. In high school, I had another classmate named Sam Young who also died of a hunting accident. While Lee obviously was a teenager who wasn't being careful with his gun, it is apparent to me that Nick Browning knew all about how to get his father's gun, how to load it four times, and how to shoot it. I feel that John Browning was a responsible gun owner based on Lee's mistake. I hate to say it but people have to understand that Nick probably planned this for a long time and was able to bypass any precaution that John abided by. This will be another difficult situation for the family.
Mike

Vienna, VA

#10 Feb 6, 2008
Also, correction - my classmate's name was Sam Moore, he was football star Jerome Moore's brother
Classmate of Viki

Scottsdale, AZ

#11 Feb 6, 2008
HoCo Local wrote:
I'm not so sure that it was an accident.
Dirk Digler

Huntsville, AL

#12 Feb 6, 2008
The apple doesn't fa;; far from the tree!
Classmate of Vicki

Macomb, MI

#13 Feb 8, 2008
Lee killed his sister Vicki. Of that I have no doubt. I was a friend of hers and saw the bruising on her body and cuts that were inflicted by her brother Lee. He treated her like trash. I will always know in my heart that her death was no accident!! She was such a kind and beautiful person and it was all swept under the rug. I hope some day she gets justice.
Mike

Vienna, VA

#14 Feb 8, 2008
Classmate of Vicki wrote:
Lee killed his sister Vicki. Of that I have no doubt. I was a friend of hers and saw the bruising on her body and cuts that were inflicted by her brother Lee. He treated her like trash. I will always know in my heart that her death was no accident!! She was such a kind and beautiful person and it was all swept under the rug. I hope some day she gets justice.
Thanks for your post. Obviously, you were closer to the situation then I was. Somehow, the Vicki Browning incident back in our Howard High days has stuck with me this week and I'm sure I'm not the only one. While I did not know her, I knew of her and had many friends that were deeply affected by her death. I'm sure that Nick Browning was told of this family tragedy before and it will unfortunately somehow be used in his defense. It makes me sick.

Since: Feb 08

Macomb, MI

#15 Feb 8, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. I discovered today that John Browning was the younger brother of Lee Browning, who I graduated from high school with. I remember the tragedy that the community dealt with back then and the difficulty that Lee must have to deal with to this day. Today, it has been difficult for me to relive that incident and read that the media has been trying to contact Lee to ask him to relive it also. While I did not know his sister Vikki, I know that she was a very pretty girl and popular at Howard High as well. My thoughts are with Peg Browning and her family.
The two incidents are entirely different but have one thing in common - the use of guns in the sport of hunting. In high school, I had another classmate named Sam Young who also died of a hunting accident. While Lee obviously was a teenager who wasn't being careful with his gun, it is apparent to me that Nick Browning knew all about how to get his father's gun, how to load it four times, and how to shoot it. I feel that John Browning was a responsible gun owner based on Lee's mistake. I hate to say it but people have to understand that Nick probably planned this for a long time and was able to bypass any precaution that John abided by. This will be another difficult situation for the family.
Yes he did. Why was Lee moved from Howard High to another high school. You didn't know Vicki and see the abuse inflicted on her by her brother Lee. I hope someday she gets justice!!!!

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#16 Feb 8, 2008
traumatized kid????? are they tring to get us to feel sorry for this waist of a kid????

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#17 Feb 8, 2008
and he may be to young but wait till he is 18 then give him the death penalty.
Legendpilot

Waldorf, MD

#18 Feb 11, 2008
He is ineligiable for the death penalty since the crime was committed when he was only 15.
No one knows what went on in that house, and every family has a secret to tell. I am not justifing anything or trying at all to explain it, but I can't help to think that this young man had everything to lose. If it was a planned event, a motive must be present.
May God bless them all!
Mike

Vienna, VA

#19 Feb 12, 2008
From what I have read, the motive is that he did not want to go on his traditional family ski trip this year. Due to his arguments, his father said that he was not allowed to drive the new car he bought for his 16th birthday for a week. That's the motive for this quadtruple homicide.

We'll see how his lawyers will defend him.
Uneducated Guess

Washington, DC

#20 Feb 17, 2008
directed at the comments made by jessy from roswell, it is truly ignorant to cast judgement on an incident that you know nothing about. The police to date have not released the interrogation tape that is said to suggest the full motive. Until the entire story is known, it makes as much sense to cast judgement as it does to burn suspected witches at the stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cockeysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Non-denominational Evangelical minister, Episco... Sun Trump s Birtherex... 2
Dead cat on Allegheny Nov 7 Game Saint 1
noise pollution Oct '16 trixie 1
Why is Jody LeCornu's case not solved? Jenny Le... Sep '16 JennyLeCornuCarrieri 1
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 14
smokers are losers (Jan '11) May '16 Dustin Fitz 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19

Cockeysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cockeysville Mortgages