Widowed Mom Chosen For Makeover - Reg...

Widowed Mom Chosen For Makeover - Regional News - Berks Story - WFM...

There are 94 comments on the WFMZ story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Widowed Mom Chosen For Makeover - Regional News - Berks Story - WFM.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

TILDEN TWP., Pa. -- Weeks of suspense came to an end this morning when a Berks County woman and her young daughter learned they will be given a new home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
DING DING DING

Reading, PA

#88 Aug 1, 2010
Debbi wrote:
I really think that they picked this family for the sole reason of making a point to the whole country of how important the health ins problem is in this country... So that most likely being the case is good enough for me.....
we have a winner; someone finally had the guts to tell the truth about how the choice was made. A political statement coming from the liberal elite entertainment industry.
Debbi

Hamburg, PA

#89 Aug 1, 2010
nuntoosoon wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed your racist rants on another forum topic (PR Identity Theft). I don't think you are serious about anything you have posted and simply like to bait people-
I was thinking the same thing.... notice how quiet it is now.....
Debbi

Hamburg, PA

#90 Aug 1, 2010
where the heck is pittston, Pa.??? I am apparently from there so this thing im writing on says.... I am actually 10 minutes from where they are redoing the womans house. Id really like to help volenteer but I doubt I have the skills needed....
mmm hmmm

Saylorsburg, PA

#91 Aug 1, 2010
wondering wrote:
How did they fit in all the required inspections to this project to properly do the job? or does Tilden Twsp only require those building on normal schedules to comply?
Yeah, they have special rules depending on who you are. If not, they also make them up as they go along. Real bunch of yahoos.....
PROstrength

Hanover, PA

#92 Aug 2, 2010
The person who wrote they had to drive 10 miles out of the way to get to your house is just plain lying. I know the layout of this project, the road is open for local people along the road where the detours are located. The actual road closed to public thru-traffic is roughly 3/4 of a mile, if you live on the street, you can get right through. The restaraunt next to the site is open for business also and is accessible to the public.

I work with the shows project managers on the many builds each season when I am needed. The designers, and crew do have a job to do, and yes it is for a commercial TV show. But thats how people are able to have the builds paid for, commercials and TV productions. Think how many people have jobs because of this show, there are nearly 70 people that work on the show, with two running sets building houses at different places during the filming season, and that doesnt include the staff in North Hollywood.
People are not exploited, their stories are told, and people learn about giving back. I have to think that those people filling this blog with angered comments are jealous, and upset this isnt happening for them. Perhaps they should feel fortunate they do not qualify for a build.
Having done a few movies and pilots for tv shows, what people do not understand is that soem things have to have varying angles and seperate shots. But I can tell you that when they see the house for the first time, the reveal is real. Other shots after that maybe redone, but the first impressions are real.
Seriously, this is as real as real can be for a truly feel-good TV show/event.
Many of the people involved with each build have to put the stories on the backburner to get through the builds on time, because it can easily consume a person with the tragic stories in many cases.
For those people helping at the site, and those who have praise for the show, its all well deserved, and thanks to the community for being so generous with food, and other gifts of kindness, it is truly appreciated.
PROstrength

Hanover, PA

#93 Aug 2, 2010
mmm hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they have special rules depending on who you are. If not, they also make them up as they go along. Real bunch of yahoos.....
The builders knew weeks in advance, and had time to get permits and approvals, and the inspections are closely watched at the site, and yes, this is FIRST HAND information. So whoever wrote this comment Im replying to, you have no idea what you are talkign about.
PROstrength

Hanover, PA

#94 Aug 2, 2010
DING DING DING wrote:
<quoted text>
we have a winner; someone finally had the guts to tell the truth about how the choice was made. A political statement coming from the liberal elite entertainment industry.
Wow... so lets see, even if that were true, what has the Right side done for anyone other than multi-billionaires?
Why does the right have such hatred for people? I am amazed at how even the poor right side population wants to give give give to millionaires and billionaires when it does nothing for them except keep them down... I am totally confused by that.
Why do righties love to hate? What tortured life. And if the righties hate tv shows by liberals so much, WHY ARE YOU WATCHING, seems very hypocritcal to me...
PROstrength

Hanover, PA

#95 Aug 2, 2010
mmm hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they have special rules depending on who you are. If not, they also make them up as they go along. Real bunch of yahoos.....
You have no clue, none.
PROstrength

Hanover, PA

#96 Aug 2, 2010
pa rural wrote:
RE: Annoyed-
It has nothing to do with the woman- there was no need to close the roadways- get a grip!This program makes alot of money off these exploits- they can pay my cops and fireman - who barely get anything from the municipality without begging hat-in-hand.
I have met the police and sheriff dept's working this operation, they are there for coverage if needed. ABC has their own private security force on set at all times, 12 hr shifts / 24 hr coverage.
Roads are closed for thru traffic, but open to locals and deliveries that coming thru 24/7. It is closed for safety reasons.
It will all be over soon, then you can drive up and down the street the rest of your life. Enjoy
mmm hmmmmm

Bangor, PA

#98 Aug 6, 2010
PROstrength wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue, none.
No, I unfortunately have plenty of clues about Tilden Twsp. I was not speaking specifically of this "very important" project, which a very important person such as yourself knows everything about. You sound very important, did I mention that?

I have personal experience with permits in this backwards township and have seen other people blow off getting a permit without consequence. There are different rules that can change, I have seen it and experienced it. You may know everything about this tv show, and also impressed us with your meeting with the local police and sheriff staff, but this township is not up to speed with others in the county. And the police....ha ha ha ha. We are good as long as there is no crime.....If I did not have such an awesome property that I LOVE and paid for myself (imagine that!) I would bail in a second.

But thanks for being so all knowing and important! Hope your buddies the police, sheriff, and other important local dignitaries are all well. Give my best to the Easter bunny and Santa Claus as well there in your fantasyland!
pa rural

York, PA

#99 Aug 10, 2010
PROstrength wrote:
The person who wrote they had to drive 10 miles out of the way to get to your house is just plain lying. I know the layout of this project, the road is open for local people along the road where the detours are located. The actual road closed to public thru-traffic is roughly 3/4 of a mile, if you live on the street, you can get right through. The restaraunt next to the site is open for business also and is accessible to the public.
I work with the shows project managers on the many builds each season when I am needed. The designers, and crew do have a job to do, and yes it is for a commercial TV show. But thats how people are able to have the builds paid for, commercials and TV productions. Think how many people have jobs because of this show, there are nearly 70 people that work on the show, with two running sets building houses at different places during the filming season, and that doesnt include the staff in North Hollywood.
People are not exploited, their stories are told, and people learn about giving back. I have to think that those people filling this blog with angered comments are jealous, and upset this isnt happening for them. Perhaps they should feel fortunate they do not qualify for a build.
Having done a few movies and pilots for tv shows, what people do not understand is that soem things have to have varying angles and seperate shots. But I can tell you that when they see the house for the first time, the reveal is real. Other shots after that maybe redone, but the first impressions are real.
Seriously, this is as real as real can be for a truly feel-good TV show/event.
Many of the people involved with each build have to put the stories on the backburner to get through the builds on time, because it can easily consume a person with the tragic stories in many cases.
For those people helping at the site, and those who have praise for the show, its all well deserved, and thanks to the community for being so generous with food, and other gifts of kindness, it is truly appreciated.
Nice try- I was turned away from my home five times by your Extreme security who did not even know what road they were on

Go back to Hollywood and stay there-
pa rural

York, PA

#100 Aug 10, 2010
PROstrength wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met the police and sheriff dept's working this operation, they are there for coverage if needed. ABC has their own private security force on set at all times, 12 hr shifts / 24 hr coverage.
Roads are closed for thru traffic, but open to locals and deliveries that coming thru 24/7. It is closed for safety reasons.
It will all be over soon, then you can drive up and down the street the rest of your life. Enjoy
So are you (ABC) going to pay up now or what?
pa rural

York, PA

#101 Aug 10, 2010
PROstrength wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met the police and sheriff dept's working this operation, they are there for coverage if needed. ABC has their own private security force on set at all times, 12 hr shifts / 24 hr coverage.
Roads are closed for thru traffic, but open to locals and deliveries that coming thru 24/7. It is closed for safety reasons.
It will all be over soon, then you can drive up and down the street the rest of your life. Enjoy
Sorry- roads were not open to locals- I have about 15 neighbors who can attest to this
pa rural

York, PA

#102 Aug 10, 2010
PROstrength wrote:
The person who wrote they had to drive 10 miles out of the way to get to your house is just plain lying. I know the layout of this project, the road is open for local people along the road where the detours are located. The actual road closed to public thru-traffic is roughly 3/4 of a mile, if you live on the street, you can get right through. The restaraunt next to the site is open for business also and is accessible to the public.
I work with the shows project managers on the many builds each season when I am needed. The designers, and crew do have a job to do, and yes it is for a commercial TV show. But thats how people are able to have the builds paid for, commercials and TV productions. Think how many people have jobs because of this show, there are nearly 70 people that work on the show, with two running sets building houses at different places during the filming season, and that doesnt include the staff in North Hollywood.
People are not exploited, their stories are told, and people learn about giving back. I have to think that those people filling this blog with angered comments are jealous, and upset this isnt happening for them. Perhaps they should feel fortunate they do not qualify for a build.
Having done a few movies and pilots for tv shows, what people do not understand is that soem things have to have varying angles and seperate shots. But I can tell you that when they see the house for the first time, the reveal is real. Other shots after that maybe redone, but the first impressions are real.
Seriously, this is as real as real can be for a truly feel-good TV show/event.
Many of the people involved with each build have to put the stories on the backburner to get through the builds on time, because it can easily consume a person with the tragic stories in many cases.
For those people helping at the site, and those who have praise for the show, its all well deserved, and thanks to the community for being so generous with food, and other gifts of kindness, it is truly appreciated.
Looks pretty contrived to me- from your end- this was not a registered charity event-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cochranville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Jul 25 Angel 12
walmart Jul 19 littleelk95 3
Stapleton Jun '15 Gene 1
downtown pasts May '15 M Howard 2
Did the "Oxford Wheelchair Guy" die? (Oct '14) May '15 Oxfordian 3
the ote (Nov '14) May '15 ENT 3
News Traditional marriage advocate Brain Brown to sp... May '15 Larry G 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cochranville Mortgages