That joke of a band director that HHS...

That joke of a band director that HHS currently has.

Posted in the Cochran Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#1 May 14, 2010
We had a wonderful band director that ALWAYS had an excellent half-time show and we had the best band in the region. But now our band is a joke and the band director is a joke. We want Marla Garnto back i don't care what she did or DID NOT do in private, the band program is suffering at the hands of a terrible band director. The rumor is that he is wanting to play a different version of the fight song, you cant do that, it is school tradition!!!
Amused_former_re sident

Atlanta, GA

#2 May 17, 2010
ex-band lover wrote:
We had a wonderful band director that ALWAYS had an excellent half-time show and we had the best band in the region. But now our band is a joke and the band director is a joke. We want Marla Garnto back i don't care what she did or DID NOT do in private, the band program is suffering at the hands of a terrible band director. The rumor is that he is wanting to play a different version of the fight song, you cant do that, it is school tradition!!!
How is Garnto satisfying her cravings now? If she was leg-spreading for students, why wasn't she arrested for child molestation and contributing the the delinquency of a minor? Was she leg-spreading for local authorities as well?
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#3 May 17, 2010
Amused_former_resident wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Garnto satisfying her cravings now? If she was leg-spreading for students, why wasn't she arrested for child molestation and contributing the the delinquency of a minor? Was she leg-spreading for local authorities as well?
Um, she never did any of that...you should check facts before posting.
Susie Bell

Hawkinsville, GA

#4 May 18, 2010
I had a child in the band years ago.Marla did not teach the eight graders to play music.They never had a band class always went to the gym during class. She was horrible.It was time for her to leave .When you give a favorite student a band schorship that did not even get hope and pass over honor grads that is sad.The kids like her because she acts like a kid herself not as a respectable teacher should.........
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#5 May 18, 2010
Marla played music that the crowd liked to hear...not this crap, that Mr Powell is trying to play. 2010's show is going to be Queen, that is just because he is gay. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fishcookers

Hawkinsville, GA

#6 May 20, 2010
I have heard the rumors...I don't know what she did or didn't do with the students. One thing I do know is that the band was much better when she was director. The band sucked this last year.
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#7 May 21, 2010
fishcookers wrote:
I have heard the rumors...I don't know what she did or didn't do with the students. One thing I do know is that the band was much better when she was director. The band sucked this last year.
It will suck this year also. My child was a member of the band program for many years, and my child never had any problems with Mrs. Garnto, but this new director shows up and all of a sudden he comes home with stories that you wouldn't believe. At one practice 16 members passed out on the field, and he accused them of faking it. The man also has them outside in the heat during the summer doing YOGA, that is uncalled for, they don't even need yoga. Needless to say, my child will not be in that program next year.
Queen is Awesome

Macon, GA

#8 May 23, 2010
If HHS EVER played Bohemian Rhapsody, they would be admirable musicians. That is a very hard piece to play - much harder than Master P- or some shit Marla would have them play, which probaly has 3 notes in the whole thing. This guy actually makes them work for what they get, and learn a little about music.

Who ever gets gratitude for a half-ass show? And you people are begging for her? What we need is JOHN HILLSMAN BACK! HE WAS A REAL BAND DIRECTOR. MARLA WAS A JOKE FROM THE BEGINNING - ONLY THE FIRST TWO YEARS SHE WAS THERE (UNTIL THOSE WHO WERE TAUGHT BY JOHN HILLSMAN GRADUATED) WAS THE MUSIC ANYTHING WORTH HEARING.

Marla gives away free tang to anybody that wants it. Are you 17 and have a dick? Marla's waiting for you!
OHH YEAAAA

Bonaire, GA

#9 May 23, 2010
Take your complaints to the Pulaski County Board of Education. They meet once a month!
Susie Bell

Hawkinsville, GA

#10 May 24, 2010
Go to band camp with Daniel Byrd.We work from sunup to sundown..Break for lunch and super.We were very good .We went to several competitons and had spring and christmas concerts every year . We also played music in the christmas parade....Not the drums around the block....
Yo Daddy

United States

#11 May 24, 2010
Susie Bell wrote:
I had a child in the band years ago.Marla did not teach the eight graders to play music.They never had a band class always went to the gym during class. She was horrible.It was time for her to leave .When you give a favorite student a band schorship that did not even get hope and pass over honor grads that is sad.The kids like her because she acts like a kid herself not as a respectable teacher should.........
Well, I can certainly see why you did not receive a "schorship".
Yo Daddy

United States

#12 May 24, 2010
ex-band lover wrote:
<quoted text>
It will suck this year also. My child was a member of the band program for many years, and my child never had any problems with Mrs. Garnto, but this new director shows up and all of a sudden he comes home with stories that you wouldn't believe. At one practice 16 members passed out on the field, and he accused them of faking it. The man also has them outside in the heat during the summer doing YOGA, that is uncalled for, they don't even need yoga. Needless to say, my child will not be in that program next year.
I can tell you are preparing your child for the real world. What a poor loser your child will end up.
Yo Daddy

United States

#13 May 24, 2010
Queen is Awesome wrote:
If HHS EVER played Bohemian Rhapsody, they would be admirable musicians. That is a very hard piece to play - much harder than Master P- or some shit Marla would have them play, which probaly has 3 notes in the whole thing. This guy actually makes them work for what they get, and learn a little about music.
Who ever gets gratitude for a half-ass show? And you people are begging for her? What we need is JOHN HILLSMAN BACK! HE WAS A REAL BAND DIRECTOR. MARLA WAS A JOKE FROM THE BEGINNING - ONLY THE FIRST TWO YEARS SHE WAS THERE (UNTIL THOSE WHO WERE TAUGHT BY JOHN HILLSMAN GRADUATED) WAS THE MUSIC ANYTHING WORTH HEARING.
Marla gives away free tang to anybody that wants it. Are you 17 and have a dick? Marla's waiting for you!
Your post was and is uncalled for! I hope you have some photographs to back up your claims, as a defamation of character suit may very well be in the works.
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#14 May 24, 2010
OHH YEAAAA wrote:
Take your complaints to the Pulaski County Board of Education. They meet once a month!
Don't think i didn't try, Mrs. Sparrow is as incompetent as the band director...lets just say that i am not allowed back in the school board building anymore...hahaha
Yo Daddy

United States

#15 May 26, 2010
ex-band lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think i didn't try, Mrs. Sparrow is as incompetent as the band director...lets just say that i am not allowed back in the school board building anymore...hahaha
You probably are not allowed in the school board building anymore, because you suffer from a certifiable psychological disorder, probably on Axis 2, meaning "Severe".
ex-band lover

Hawkinsville, GA

#16 May 26, 2010
Yo Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably are not allowed in the school board building anymore, because you suffer from a certifiable psychological disorder, probably on Axis 2, meaning "Severe".
No, I just stand up for my child and all of the students in the band...they dont deserve the treatment that he gives them.
Saw the pictures

Hawkinsville, GA

#17 May 26, 2010
Saw the pictures.....She did it!!! The kids are now learning to read music. Better than renting drums and never using them. Powell is teaching the kids respect and how to give it to receive it. Much more than I can say for Marla. The sad thing is that her children are watching and learning.
Joey George

Macon, GA

#18 May 27, 2010
Hey everyone - Anytime you see responses from Arkansas in posts about Marla Garnto, you can guarantee its Joey George. If you remember reading in the paper, after he was exiled from Hawkinsville, he was moving to Arkansas. He now thinks we dont know who he is, but he has not been fooling me.
So, does anyone have any questions for Mr. Joey George, while he's right here available to answer your questions? I'm sure you knowing that answers alot of questions as to why does every non agreeable post, come from a random AR post? sometimes he forgets to change his city, but just watch his screen name choices - You can always find him in Hawkinsville Posts. He can't get away! He loves hawkinsville and wishes he could live there! hahaha
Georgey Joe

United States

#20 May 30, 2010
Joey George wrote:
Hey everyone - Anytime you see responses from Arkansas in posts about Marla Garnto, you can guarantee its Joey George. If you remember reading in the paper, after he was exiled from Hawkinsville, he was moving to Arkansas. He now thinks we dont know who he is, but he has not been fooling me.
So, does anyone have any questions for Mr. Joey George, while he's right here available to answer your questions? I'm sure you knowing that answers alot of questions as to why does every non agreeable post, come from a random AR post? sometimes he forgets to change his city, but just watch his screen name choices - You can always find him in Hawkinsville Posts. He can't get away! He loves hawkinsville and wishes he could live there! hahaha
You can just call me Georgey now!
fed up

Hawkinsville, GA

#21 Apr 25, 2011
Georgey Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You can just call me Georgey now!
If this is Joey, Our school became a joke after you left it. Mrs Royal totally screwed it up. I think you done a fine job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cochran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dodge County Coroner 9 hr sun shine 2
people of dodge county (May '13) 9 hr sun shine 14
Crooked Politics In Dodge County are not a thin... (Sep '14) Thu Free Jr 4
John Benton Douglas Jun 22 Unknown 2
Deputy Jay Wood (Aug '12) Jun 19 The now 36
Joy scarboroughs practice (Nov '15) Jun 16 Ray 3
So who's running for sheriff in Pulaski? (Dec '13) Jun 15 Haha 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cochran Mortgages