Berkshire and Schoharie County

Berkshire and Schoharie County

Posted in the Cobleskill Forum

bandisgirl

Oneonta, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2016
Today ended a horrible, heartbreaking placement with Berkshire Farms. After a year with no placement Or communication from the home finder I received an e-mail stating that it is time to re certify! I contacted Albany Regional Office for Children's Services about the lack of communication and whala! I am offered a placement (Phone message) as soon as I return the call I am told the placement was cancelled. Sometime later thru my own persistence I am offered another placement (which initially is a respite for 3 days). I am told that this child does not do well behaviorally with his siblings due to his Mental Health issues and that my home would be perfect for him as there are no other children in it. I am then asked if I want the placement, I agree. This placement is the 2nd home in about 1 1/2 months for this child. After about 1 1/2 weeks Berkshire says that the County wants all of the siblings in 1 home and they are taking him out of my home the next day. I cannot believe they would move this child and his siblings Again! As the deadline approaches I offer to take an additional sibling and now I am fostering an 8 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. All is well with repeated weekly trips 1 hour away for appointments and medication pick ups. I have had the child's RX transferred to a local pharmacy, I have registered him for school, and I go in the afternoon to dispense his 1PM medication because the school never received a doctors note for the RX. I get a call from the Assistant principal that they need documentation from the agency that I am the child's Foster Parent. E-mails go back and forth, I secure the Dr's note all is well with that. In the interrum I receive an evening call from a worker that one of my neighbors reported that the eldest child was going from house to house looking for playmates and would walk in uninvited and ask to play, this is both untrue and unfounded. The next morning I read an interdepartmental e-mail (cc sent to me by mistake) Berkshire worker to worker concerning me and referring to the prior nights phone conversation and how I was cordial but minimized the accusations and I should be watched very closely as I seem to know the right things to say and I cannot be allowed to jeopardize Berkshires business with the County and how a Safety Document needs to be drawn up immediately and the child be restricted to being within my constant undivided supervision at all times, 3 Days later they send a worker to speak to the child (who is now totally belligerent and angry )and does not understand why he cannot play with anyone, and also to have me sign a paper stating that I would have the child within my sight every moment. I did not feel comfortable signing it and asked that the wording be altered because it is worded in such a way that it would be impossible for any parent to uphold and therefore doom me to failure. The worker agreed and stated she would talk to THEM and would be back in 2 days. Today I received a phone call from another worker stating that the County is removing both children from my home and should be there any minute. I told her of the conversation concerning the wording and her response was "Oh I didn't know that"! The children and all their belongings were removed a few minutes later. This is only a fragment of the bigger picture. Not for profit agencies are not, not for profit at all. These agencies milk the counties, the counties feed off of the dysfunctional poor, and needy families some of whom actually lose their children in order to feed the system. I tried to do a good thing with my life of parental experience only to be left feeling misused, disrespected and powerless to provide a consistent, nurturing home for these children in transition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobleskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zeldo (Nov '10) Oct '18 Lemonjello 4
why are people here so freaking weird. (Apr '14) Oct '18 Turnpike 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Aug '18 Idc 27
Forgotten friends pet rescue? (Jul '14) May '18 Good and she shou... 13
berkshire farm (Apr '14) Mar '18 Bob 22
Cherry Valley "Peace in the Valley Group" Alco... (Jan '18) Jan '18 Keep Coming 1
Brittany Battisti the human pincushion (Sep '17) Oct '17 CGS 2

Cobleskill Jobs

Personal Finance

Cobleskill Mortgages