Bestyet

West Edmeston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

If you live in or around schoharie and you have children you are at risk of them taking your children. I don't live in that county thank God but I have had to deal with them more then I have ever wanted. Over 10 yrs ago they removed my oldest daughters 4 children. I'm not saying they did the wrong thing with that but what follows makes me question if it truly is in the welfare of the child. The children were placed into 3 different foster homes. I was not in a position to take all 4 so I had to take one. Before I was given custody of my grandchild. All I had was weekend visitation. My grandson was coming to me with bruising on him. When questioned I found out he was being abused by the foster care family. Not knowing what to do or wanting to bring him back I called a child abuse hot-line and was told not to bring him back. I started getting threatning calls from the Schoharie County Social Services. Telling me if I didn't return him I would be ruining all chances of getting custody. We finally settled on an outcome, I would return him if they placed him in a different home. I truely thought all my grandchildren were in good hands. The second oldest child was placed in a home that was good and eventually he was adopted and very well loved. The two littlest were in one home together and I truely believed because they were together that they would be ok. Well come to find out over 10 yrs later that wasn't true. Another grandson had been being abused by his foster parents and it was brought to Schoharie County Dept. of Social Services attention and nothing was done, that child stayed in that same home until he was put into a psychiatric hospital and there he still remains. my point is they take these children out of abusive homes (supposedly) but place them in homes with strangers that they KNOW are abusing these children and do nothing to protect them. We are facing this same process over again. I warned my other daughter to get out of that county and stay away. She didn't listen. For her it started a few yrs back. My grandaughter went to school one day and told the teacher "she had a woody" shortly after that the dept of Social Services showed up at my daughters door. Had they even bothered to talk to the child they would have found out she was talking about her toy story doll. Just a bit of a warning out there to all you young parents if you love and want to keep your children...... RUN!!!
From another county

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

I work for social services in another county and wanted to just say that the dept of social services is truly working in the best interest of the children. What you dont see from the inside is that they rely on other agencies to screen foster families and trust that they are in it for the kids and not the money. That is a sad story that your grandchild went through that. I agree. That happening to one child is one child too many. The departments are overworked and definitely underpaid depsite it being a "government" job. The caseworkers work way before and way after the typical 9-5 person. They work on call weekends ..t hey spend their own money to feed & cloth families. Also on one more note... the issue at the school should be addressed. As a madated reporter the nurse (this is usually who makes the call) or teacher should be using his/her discretion to call social services. We DEFINITELY don't want one more case that goes unfounded and with a little more questioning they would've found out the real story like you said. Just wanted to add this all to your post.
just me

New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

From another county wrote:
I work for social services in another county and wanted to just say that the dept of social services is truly working in the best interest of the children. What you dont see from the inside is that they rely on other agencies to screen foster families and trust that they are in it for the kids and not the money. That is a sad story that your grandchild went through that. I agree. That happening to one child is one child too many. The departments are overworked and definitely underpaid depsite it being a "government" job. The caseworkers work way before and way after the typical 9-5 person. They work on call weekends ..t hey spend their own money to feed & cloth families. Also on one more note... the issue at the school should be addressed. As a madated reporter the nurse (this is usually who makes the call) or teacher should be using his/her discretion to call social services. We DEFINITELY don't want one more case that goes unfounded and with a little more questioning they would've found out the real story like you said. Just wanted to add this all to your post.
Thank you for your side of things its nice to know there is someone out there truely interested in the welfare of the children. I truely believe that children are a gift from God and how we raise them and how they feel about themselves is the ut-most importance in helping them grow into law biding respectable adults. Since this post I have found out a few other things that I might side a little more towards the Social Services sides but they still need to screen their foster families more then they do. When complaints are made about a child being abused not to just brush it off and ignore it.

Since: Nov 11

Lake Luzerne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

First of all, I know the family that took the 2 youngest children, very well. When the 2 youngest were placed into this family, they were found living in a tent in the middle of a field with beer in their cereal and pot smoke being blown into thier faces to make them sleep at night. Talk about child abuse! Now the boy of the two has DEEP rooted issues! He has taken a knife to school, Stole guns not once but twice and ran away. The cops have been called SEVERAL times to the home because he is unstable, he set the families house on fire, he has taken a butcher knife and threatened family members including a 6 yr old disabled child! He has been diagnosed bi-polar, with Skitzofrantic tendencies. While he is on ALL types of meds, he is the nicest boy around, thanks to this foster family, who ADOPTED both children to KEEP them together. This family has done EVERYTHING under the sun for this child. He was put in the psychiactric hospital on a medical 3 day hold. Because he tried to harm himself AGAIN. He has tried over dosing on meds, he is now 16 and placed into a boys home for several misdemeanor and felony counts. I think you should get your facts straight before accusing this family of child abuse.
just me

New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

you are totally right and i agree with you. i did apologize and try to make things right. since i have written that (and i was very angry at the time) i have found out quite a bit and wanted to retrack what i said but it won't let you. i know one grandson was raised by a very good family only to have him try to contact his real family now that he is of age and once again they are destroying that child. please accept my apology again.
lee jackson

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

i had a good life and u dont know shit grand ma y would u put all this up if u were not there and this shit is getting old your always talking shit about MY FAMILY stay away and stop talking shit
Schoharie Foster kid

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

I was a foster child in Schoharie county and I will say this first hand. I lived in a foster home were the conditions were appalling. My case worker did nothing I was separated from my brother who was in care with me to this day I have no reason why. What the county dept of social services has done to me I can not begin to explain. This is a very sore subject and for the longest time I have tried to forget what was done to me. I am happy to see people are finally talking about this subject and I hope that a change will come.
think agaiin

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

From another county wrote:
We shall see because the evidence is piling in.
think agaiin

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Schoharie Foster kid wrote:
I was a foster child in Schoharie county and I will say this first hand. I lived in a foster home were the conditions were appalling. My case worker did nothing I was separated from my brother who was in care with me to this day I have no reason why. What the county dept of social services has done to me I can not begin to explain. This is a very sore subject and for the longest time I have tried to forget what was done to me. I am happy to see people are finally talking about this subject and I hope that a change will come.
Schoharie Foster kid..... My heart breaks for you that you had to go through what no child should go through. If you can eventually bring yourself to tell someone your story you can help save another child. There is a site set up where people are coming forward with their stories. My own Granddaughter included. We could really use your help on exposing Schoharie County Child Theft Ring.---http://www.ripoffrepor t.com/schoharie-county-fam/fam ily-services/schoharie-new-yor k-911f2.htm, copy and paste that address or go to www.ripoffreport.com and type this case number in search #987388 and if it is easier for you, you can find us on facebook,/www.facebook.com/pag es/End-Schoharie-DSS-Corruptio n/330016507120213 its called End Schoharie DSS Corrution.
against schoharie CPS

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Disgusted n Coby wrote:
First of all, I know the family that took the 2 youngest children, very well. When the 2 youngest were placed into this family, they were found living in a tent in the middle of a field with beer in their cereal and pot smoke being blown into thier faces to make them sleep at night. Talk about child abuse! Now the boy of the two has DEEP rooted issues! He has taken a knife to school, Stole guns not once but twice and ran away. The cops have been called SEVERAL times to the home because he is unstable, he set the families house on fire, he has taken a butcher knife and threatened family members including a 6 yr old disabled child! He has been diagnosed bi-polar, with Skitzofrantic tendencies. While he is on ALL types of meds, he is the nicest boy around, thanks to this foster family, who ADOPTED both children to KEEP them together. This family has done EVERYTHING under the sun for this child. He was put in the psychiactric hospital on a medical 3 day hold. Because he tried to harm himself AGAIN. He has tried over dosing on meds, he is now 16 and placed into a boys home for several misdemeanor and felony counts. I think you should get your facts straight before accusing this family of child abuse.
That childs deep rooted issues were developed because of abuse, Its been a long time ago but I have just found out all this stuff. The reason he has turned into such a rebellious child was the abuse. It was one of the CPS workers then selves that told me that. When he wasn't doing what he was told he would be pulled out of a room by his hair. It's really no wonder he wouldn't be rebellious. All these children want is to be back home with their families. So they will act out any way they can. It's really a sad sad circle. Remove them from a "SUPPOSED" abused home and put them in a foster care home they know children are being abused, That doesn't make it right. CPS has destroyed these children. It is CPS What made them so resentful and angry? More then likely being ripped away from their parents I have my facts straight they have the bruises still implanted in their brains. Some of the stories I had read about what was done to these children in the homes with their parent are and far fetched, embellished stories. I was taking my one grandson on weekends and he was coming to me with bruises all over. Upon speaking to DSS he was going to have to go back the the same home. So other words they knew about it and did absolutely nothing. Like I've said I do have my facts straight my info is from someone that witnessed this abuse as she was a worker there. Bottom line is CPS is not for the best interest of the children..... its about getting more and more kids. The more kids they can roll in the more money that rolls in. Most of what you hear people stretching the truth. He will tell his story also. He's almost old enough he will find his way home.
JesseEFinn

Middleburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Schoharie Foster kid wrote:
I'm assuming you're sb89 (Or at least one of the two brothers) from Ripoffreport.com -- was wondering if you could take a look back at the report for my email address (I don't want to post my email address to too many places) and explain things if you're up to it. It'd be helpful I think to get an idea of what foster homes are in question, primarily to see if there is a historical pattern. If it's not something you can talk about; that's totally okay and understandable. Sorry if my tone seems flat, 4 AM and tired :P.
against schoharie CPS

Sherburne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Disgusted n Coby wrote:
No one was accusing this family of child abuse!! Maybe you need to check all your facts 1st!! All these stories are stories told by CPS, Dss and if you weren't there then you don't know. The problems the boy is having is stemming from being in an abusive foster home before the home is was adopted into. CPS and DSS were made aware of the abuse and did nothing about it. He wasn't the only one being abused and they are getting old enough now they are telling their stories. Maybe someone needed to sit down and talk to these children rather then dumping them where ever was cheapest and most convenient for them (Schoharie County).
The child ran away (oldest of the 2 you are referring to)he showed up at the home his older brother was placed. His then foster mother was called, she came to get him and pulled him out of the house by the head of his hair. You don't even know the whole story and I'm not sure your not working for Schoharie County but I am going to tell what I know to be facts and what actually goes on in that County. Would you perhaps like to hear more similar stories? They will be exposed and investigated. And as far as living in a tent it wasn't living in a tent it is called camping and the children never had pot or beer. These are stories that get highly exaggerated and are untrue. We have other stories of other children victimized by Schoharie County, that are all getting old enough to come forward with their stories.
updated

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

There is abuse that goes on in this home!! Several of the children that have since left this home have stories of abuse!!! Schoharie County does not care whether these children are placed in abusive homes or not. Money is the object for taking these children, money and human slavery. I could go on but I will wait for a bit more and soon all is going to come out about this county and it's foster care homes.
Disgusted n Coby...... you haven't a clue as to what actually goes on in this home, you only see the outside cover. There are plenty of children coming out of that home with stories of worse abuse.
sad father

Horseheads, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Schoharie county DSS is all crap they dont give parents the time and day to even take care of there kids they send them to the fostercare with out a care in the world for there happiness.....i just watched a mother have her new born child taken from her....i talked to the mother and she said that they dont think she is appropriate mother...the mother has a home of her own,income and food ,cloths and such but no they dont care I watched the mother sign the paper crying in pain cuz they took her little girl...i just heard that there was a similar case in Arizona where there was 6000 cases of neglect from cps and kids were just taken...never investigating just taking......dont get me wrong kids who are not being treated like they should, should be in a better place....but not for no reason...
updated

Greene, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

So sorry to hear. Is this Schoharie County DSS? there is a site I can give you to tell your story and possibly help put a stop to this. This is about Schoharie County DSS we are trying to bring their corruption to light.
www.facebook.com/pages/End-Schoharie-DSS-Corr... Thank you sad Father.
curious person

Horseheads, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

updated wrote:
So sorry to hear. Is this Schoharie County DSS? there is a site I can give you to tell your story and possibly help put a stop to this. This is about Schoharie County DSS we are trying to bring their corruption to light.
www.facebook.com/pages/End-Schoharie-DSS-Corr... Thank you sad Father.
yeah I have that site and its all over my facebook
the mother is thankfull that there are others out there that want to put a stop to this but doesn't know where to start
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

I'd appreciate if y'all would stop bashing Schoharie county, and it's social services. What the county does is for the best interest of the child.
haha

Horseheads, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
I'd appreciate if y'all would stop bashing Schoharie county, and it's social services. What the county does is for the best interest of the child.
bull there not here to help us there here to abuse there privileges and take advantage of mothers and fathers out there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cobleskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391
berkshire farm Tue Brian 12
Debate: Ferguson - Middleburgh, NY Aug 17 Kenny 1
Debate: Ferguson - Sharon Springs, NY Aug 17 Rex 1
Forgotten friends pet rescue? Aug 17 Barb 8
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673

Search the Cobleskill Forum:
•••
•••
Cobleskill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cobleskill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Cobleskill People Search