Should Governor Cuomo receive Communion?

Should Governor Cuomo receive Communion?

There are 5 comments on the Capital News 9 story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Should Governor Cuomo receive Communion?. In it, Capital News 9 reports that:

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Catholic character has been called into question after a top consultant to the Vatican says Cuomo should be denied communion since he is divorced and lives with his girlfriend, Sandra Lee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capital News 9.

hypocritsrus

Elkridge, MD

#1 Feb 25, 2011
Doesn't he ask for forgiveness of his sins before each time he receives the sacrament? Some who just attend Catholic church are worse. But I agree if you're a public political figure who requests your vote to represent you, they can be held to an even higher standard. I know a local guy that's worse than Gov Cuomo: Not only did his family help finance the building of the new Catholic church his family regularly attends, his kids are blessed there and his wife teaches CCD, he is the Village Mayor, prominent town business man, community leader and otherwise politically involved and economically connected throughout the region, BUT he's continued to cheat on his wife of 20 years as often as he can with whomever he can! I'm sure the only way he hasn't been struck by lightening yet is that he asks for forgiveness each time he recieves communion- isn't that how it works?

PopeBennieDick

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 25, 2011
hypocritsrus wrote:
Doesn't he ask for forgiveness of his sins before each time he receives the sacrament? Some who just attend Catholic church are worse. But I agree if you're a public political figure who requests your vote to represent you, they can be held to an even higher standard. I know a local guy that's worse than Gov Cuomo: Not only did his family help finance the building of the new Catholic church his family regularly attends, his kids are blessed there and his wife teaches CCD, he is the Village Mayor, prominent town business man, community leader and otherwise politically involved and economically connected throughout the region, BUT he's continued to cheat on his wife of 20 years as often as he can with whomever he can! I'm sure the only way he hasn't been struck by lightening yet is that he asks for forgiveness each time he recieves communion- isn't that how it works?
My dear child, forgiveness doesn't matter. Catholic rules are rules and must be observed. Only Catholic Clergy can sin and obtain the Communion Wafer. Lay People must follow the rules I have placed on them. The reason that clergy can sin is that they are are above the Lay Population in the Catholic Church. Who is going to give the lay people their wafer? As the Holy Father of said Church, It is my duty to enforce all rules. Those who do not want to observe our rules are free to leave.

If anyone does not want to leave I have instructed my Certified Catholic Priests to place thy foot in their ass and boot them out the door!

Echo Sperry Two Two Oh!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#3 Feb 25, 2011
hypocritsrus wrote:
No. You don't perform an Act of Contrition at Mass prior to presenting yourself for Communion.

PopeBennieDick

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 25, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You don't perform an Act of Contrition at Mass prior to presenting yourself for Communion.
My dear child, I have always instructed one to say the act on their way up to the rail.

May the Catholic God be with you my child.

Domino Nabisco Baby!

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Feb 25, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan knows everything!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobleskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a Place in Schoharie County to Ride... Jun '16 sooodone 2
Schoharie County Social Services (Jul '11) Mar '16 jakes5girl 26
"Birthing Home" (Mar '09) Sep '15 4nrose 3
why are people here so freaking weird. (Apr '14) Aug '15 weirdo 2
Where are the Flowers ? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Diana Barber 1
Looking to adopt small dog (Jun '15) Jun '15 Diana 1
News 3 Singers From Utica Take us on a Nostalgic Tri... (May '15) May '15 Too Funny 2

Cobleskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cobleskill Mortgages