Society needs to eradicate bigotry

Society needs to eradicate bigotry

There are 1 comment on the Times Union story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Society needs to eradicate bigotry. In it, Times Union reports that:

In response to the July 22 editorial that asked, "Is a career worth sacrificing over an epithet?" concerning the resignation of Mark Nadeau as Cobleskill mayor, I believe the answer is yes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Union.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 2, 2010
"Any bigoted epithet is unacceptable; especially that from a public servant because it calls into serious question whether the speaker can appropriately serve everyone."

Hmmm...This is certainly not indicative of just Mark Nadeau....why don't you send a copy this story to the following people, sure seems like they play the Race Card alot.

Barack Hussein Obama:
"No, no. I have been practicing ... I bowled a 129." The audience roared with laughter, and the late-night talk show host assured Obama "that's very good, Mr. President." To which Obama interjected, "It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

HARRY REID:
Reid stated that Obama could be a successful candidate because he is "light skinned" and that he speaks with "no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

SHIRLEY SHERROD:
"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

JAMES CONE, FOUNDER, BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY: Well, if you're identifying with the victim, you not only want to feel good about that, you also have to pay back what you took. You just don't say, "Please forgive me now." The only way in which your repentance, your forgiveness can be — can be authentic, your reception of it can be authentic, your repentance can be authentic, is that you give back what you took. And white people took a lot from black people.

KHALID MUHAMMAD, FORMER BLACK PANTHER LEADER: I say if they don't get out of town, we kill the men, we kill the women, we kill the children, we kill the babies, we kill the blind, we kill the crippled, we kill the crazy, we kill the (EXPLETIVE DELETED), we kill the lesbians. I say (EXPLETIVE DELETED) we kill them all!

MEMBERS OF THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY:
On Election Day 2008, members of the New Black Panther Party were videotaped intimidating voters at a polling place in Philadelphia. They stood at the entrance, wearing military-style uniforms and hurling threats at poll watchers like,“now you will know what it means to be ruled by the black man, cracker.” One of the New Black Panther Party members was brandishing a nightstick. According to reports, some voters turned away out of fear.

SAMIR SHABAZZ:
"I hate white people — all of them. Every last iota of a cracker — I hate him. Because we're still in this condition. We didn't come out here to play today. There's too much serious business going on in the black community to be out here sliding through South Street with white, dirty, cracker whore (expletive) on our arms. You want freedom? You're going to have to kill some crackers. You're going to have to kill some of their babies. Let us get our act together."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobleskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a Place in Schoharie County to Ride... Jun 19 sooodone 2
Schoharie County Social Services (Jul '11) Mar '16 jakes5girl 26
"Birthing Home" (Mar '09) Sep '15 4nrose 3
why are people here so freaking weird. (Apr '14) Aug '15 weirdo 2
Where are the Flowers ? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Diana Barber 1
Looking to adopt small dog (Jun '15) Jun '15 Diana 1
News 3 Singers From Utica Take us on a Nostalgic Tri... (May '15) May '15 Too Funny 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cobleskill Mortgages