3 Union Co. men charged with failure ...

3 Union Co. men charged with failure to register as sex offender

There are 43 comments on the KFVS12 story from Dec 6, 2011, titled 3 Union Co. men charged with failure to register as sex offender. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

Union County State's Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds and Union County Sheriff David Livesay announced Tuesday three men were charged with failure to register as a sex offender after a compliance check from the Union County Sheriff's Deputies in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Not Surprised

Eddyville, IL

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Well Maybe now they will get in prison what they gave out on the streets. Sick Individuals!!!!
uh ok

United States

#2 Dec 11, 2011
So why don't they state the names so people will know. And I agree with not suprised
Agree

Carterville, IL

#3 Dec 11, 2011
uh ok wrote:
So why don't they state the names so people will know. And I agree with not suprised
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS)- Union County State's Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds and Union County Sheriff David Livesay announced Tuesday three men were charged with failure to register as a sex offender after a compliance check from the Union County Sheriff's Deputies in November.

Scott E. Peterman, 40, of 219 West Hickory Street in Cobden, Ill. is charged with one count of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.

Brandon S. Jensen, 19, of 170 Miller Lane in Anna, Ill. is charged with two counts of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.

David E. Etherton, 47, of 45 Cates Lane in Anna, Ill. is charged with one count of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.

Under Illinois law, a sex offender must register any e-mail address, Facebook account or any other online identity with local law enforcement.

If you clicked to read the full story, the names are in black and white. Silly ! I'm not trying to be mean either.
uh ok

United States

#4 Dec 12, 2011
Lol. My bad. I did click but I didn't get anything. Thanks for the info.
dave ethrerton

Anna, IL

#5 Dec 12, 2011
i check the list from the state and dave etherton was in there did he get arrested for something else plus didnt his house burn down last year
ditto99

Anna, IL

#6 Dec 13, 2011
They need to lock David Etherton up and throw away the key. He is such a pervert. Freaked me out when he worked at the fair every year around all of the kids. I wouldn't trust that freak!
Agree

Marion, IL

#7 Dec 13, 2011
ditto99 wrote:
They need to lock David Etherton up and throw away the key. He is such a pervert. Freaked me out when he worked at the fair every year around all of the kids. I wouldn't trust that freak!
Did you report him to the police? What the hell? He is not suppose to be where children are. That is just sick. I just recently started going to the fair because my child is now old enough to enjoy it. You best be believing that if I recongnize one of the scum people there, I will report it. It is against the law for them to be near children. He is a registered zex offender.
Then of the county/city cops won't do their jobs and remove these scum, I will go to the state police and sue the city. Disgusting.
cute mommy

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2011
Doesn't Scott Peterman work for Jr Clark? I've seen him at Rossi Mart & he gives me the creeps.
OHHH Please

Gulf Shores, AL

#9 Dec 30, 2011
Just because Scott USE to work for Jr. doesn't matter.You don't know the circumstances behind his crime.He paid his dues,the county screwed up,he was registed with them,they FAILED to comply with the state.So it wasn't his fault it was the COUNTIES.Your going by what he looks like.Even though he did something like this,he still has to work,he still has the right to go to a gas station.So get the hell over yourself.
cute mommy

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2012
OHHH Please wrote:
Just because Scott USE to work for Jr. doesn't matter.You don't know the circumstances behind his crime.He paid his dues,the county screwed up,he was registed with them,they FAILED to comply with the state.So it wasn't his fault it was the COUNTIES.Your going by what he looks like.Even though he did something like this,he still has to work,he still has the right to go to a gas station.So get the hell over yourself.
Sorry honey, there isnt anything to "get over". All I did was ask a question & made a statement, I didn't know if it was the same person or not. I don't know the circumstances of the crime or his guilt or innocence.
Just Wondering

Marion, IL

#11 Jan 5, 2012
They should also add Chris Gibson to the list as he is also one his dad used to own the milk store back in the day and he used to work for Kroger's always handing out cookies to little kids he was arrested for fondling a foster boy that was in the care of his parents RE: teaching him to masturbate because he said that he was 9 and he needed to learn these things what normal man would teach these things to a little boy??????
warning

Marion, IL

#13 Mar 19, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS)- Union County State's Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds and Union County Sheriff David Livesay announced Tuesday three men were charged with failure to register as a sex offender after a compliance check from the Union County Sheriff's Deputies in November.
Scott E. Peterman, 40, of 219 West Hickory Street in Cobden, Ill. is charged with one count of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.
Brandon S. Jensen, 19, of 170 Miller Lane in Anna, Ill. is charged with two counts of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.
David E. Etherton, 47, of 45 Cates Lane in Anna, Ill. is charged with one count of failure to register as a sex offender, class 3 felony.
Under Illinois law, a sex offender must register any e-mail address, Facebook account or any other online identity with local law enforcement.
If you clicked to read the full story, the names are in black and white. Silly ! I'm not trying to be mean either.
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ITS AGAINST THE LAW FOR SEX OFFENDERS TO EVEN HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Agree

Carbondale, IL

#14 Mar 19, 2012
warning wrote:
<quoted text> GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ITS AGAINST THE LAW FOR SEX OFFENDERS TO EVEN HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
The following is the link that I got the information off of.
http://union.kfvs12.com/...

Maybe you should scream at the original writer. It was a simple copy and paste process. Like the same way I copied and pasted the link.
talking

United States

#15 Mar 20, 2012
I think even the young kids that a sex offender should be named but they are safe due to their age, but still out there in the streets. Yuck !
sally

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2012
Warning-check it out they do have fb accounts whether it is illegal or not!
talking

United States

#17 Mar 21, 2012
Hadn't thought of that Sally;( that is even worse! This kind of person scares me!
Warning

Marion, IL

#18 Mar 21, 2012
sally wrote:
Warning-check it out they do have fb accounts whether it is illegal or not!
But to regester it would mean going to jail for non-compliance. Sounds to me like the ones in charge of staying on top of that aren't doing thier job, if there are regestered sex offenders with fb and other accounts thats forbidden.
Sally

Carbondale, IL

#19 Mar 21, 2012
Warning you are right. I would hope the PO would check that out but I am sure they don't.
Warning

Marion, IL

#20 Mar 21, 2012
http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/faq.cfm read down to where it talks about social networking. It limits the offender to use social networking while only on parole,etc. So sex offenders can have a fb,myspace etc. once completed.Will look into it more ,but I think it is the current law.Sorry about the missinformation all.
Curious

United States

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Im sure there alot more that meets the eye. I get the feeling there r sex offenders other than those three who dont register. Question for anyome to answer is how come you cant find everyome on the list that people say r sex offenders?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Hamel / Baker 2 hr god1970 2
Chad Miller 2 hr Curious 8
only rich people eat meat 4 hr logic 2
Pam outlan/dodson 23 hr Pam Outlan Dodson 4
John Kory Fox Tue Away from him 1
Hughey 4 Treasurer Public servant? Mon Troll Aalert 41
The A Team ? Elect Waller Starr Sadowski Dec 10 sweet nothings 2

Cobden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cobden Mortgages