Illegal Mexicans ruining Union County...

Illegal Mexicans ruining Union County, lets do something

Posted in the Cobden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
southern IL outdoorsman

San Diego, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2011
Illegal Mexicans have ruined Cobden and Alto Pass. These use to be such nice small towns but now they're Mexico. There's a Spanish speaking only church outside of Cobden and all you hear now is Spanish. While fishing in Union County I always see the illegals poaching our fish. They don't give a care about our American values. Look at what happened to CA and the west coast. It's now taking over our rural areas here in Southern IL. Flamms Orchards is to blame. He even has the "migrant dormitories" set up for them. Take away Flamms Orchards and you take away the illegals only work. Let's start a boycott and send a message to the illegal Mexicans that we don't want them here. Let's not let our rural community go down without a fight. Post other places in Southern IL that hire illegals and let's get something done. Watch this video of CA and prepare for it to happen here...
concerned

United States

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Flamms Orchard is NOT to blame for the illegals in Cobden. Are you serious?? Flamm Orchard, Rendlemans, Bass Farms, etc all do a great job adding revenue to our county. Flamms is great for community service and helping those in need. As far as providing homes for the illegals (1) have you actually visited the camp,(2) have you looked for temporary housing in this county,(3) would you rather they live next door to you?? Instead of blaming someone that didn't cause the problem, why not find a solution??!!?? Attack the border patrol. And by the way, the illegals are now doing the work that "white men" formerly did and no longer will do. Do us all a favor and go blow somewhere else.

Since: Feb 11

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Concerned I'm with you on this one. They've been good neighbors and workers. Skin color means nothing and who says they are illegal anyway?
concerned

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Amen Av8tor.....we can agree to disagree about one TOPIC and agree on other things as needed.
southern IL outdoorsman

San Diego, CA

#5 Feb 16, 2011
Av8tor, who said anything about skin color?

Concerned, yes I have visited the camp and no I would rather them not live in the US at all. Look at the stats on what illegals do to our economy. Did you watch the link at the bottom of my first post? If you're an American you can't honestly say that the video is fine with you. Why do you say "white man"? Blacks did the exact same work, who says I'm even white? You say find a problem to the solution and I have found one. The only thing that illegal aliens in Southern IL do for work is the orchards. Take that away and problem solved. No work, they've got to move on...they can go to CA where there accepted... Why do you support illegals who are draining the taxpayers money and have no care for our American culture. Illegal means ILLEGAL. You are probably Flamms because no one else would support illegals as much as you have in your post.
southern IL outdoorsman

San Diego, CA

#6 Feb 16, 2011
Also you say Flamms is not to blame for the illegal problem in Cobden...then who is? As for community service you mean that church that is Spanish speaking only? That caters directly to illegals seeing as almost all illegal aliens are of some Hispanic decent.
concerned

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2011
So IL Outdoorsman: no I am not a Flamm, nor am I related to them, married to one, dating one, etc. I live in Cobden and see first hand EVERYDAY the number of Hispanic people that live in Cobden, buy homes, buy cars, buy groceries, etc. I still disagree with you on blaming Flamm's!!!!! Gilster Mary Lee in Chester employs a larger number than our local business.
The hispanic employees that with at Flamm's as I stated before are doing the work previously performed by both white and black employees, now white teenagers are the minorities working in orchards and vegetable farms because white and black adults have moved on.
Community service provided would be in means of sponsorship for summer baseball/softball/soccer teams, Mike Flamm serves on the local school board and so has Alan Flamm in the past (a rather tiresome, unpaid and unpopular position), plus they help with the local community as far as revenue they bring in, jobs for truck drivers, mechanics, the book-keeper, baker, and cashiers (which none are Hispanic).
Blame the bad economy and the fact that illegal aliens are crossing the border in droves on who deserves it......the government. Putting aing time family run business the size if Flamms would do more harm than good, go blow somewhere else.
southern IL outdoorsman

San Diego, CA

#8 Feb 17, 2011
What does go blow somewhere else suppose to mean? I know, it is the govts fault but it's also the employers fault, is it not? It makes me mad that Union County has changed so much from what it used to be. It's America and we all speak English, but not anymore. Cobden and Alto Pass do really sound like you're in Mexico. So are you for the illegals or against them? Would you rather see teenagers working the orchards like it used to be? There's plenty of kids in Anna-Jonesboro/Carbondale/Mari on/Murphysboro working minnimum wage jobs so I'm sure there are plenty of teens that would work the orchards if they got paid atleast 50 cents above min wage. That would free up other jobs for American citizens, get teenagers doing work and pump in more positive money into Union County's economy. The illegals here do get food stamps, free healthcare, tax free work and welfare so they are draining alot. Do you agree with any of this?

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Outdoorsman why do you have such a problem with people speaking spanish? I wish I knew more languages. The diversity is great for our community. You even seem to be aggravated about their "spanish speaking" church. Why not be glad that these fine people want their own church?
Do you know that whites are minorities on the earth? There are far more asians and probably hispanics than white people. It would do most southern illinoisans good to walk the streets of mexico city or beijing china as I have done and feel the stares that minorities live with daily. Most of the hispanics around Cobden-Alto Pass area are fine people with fine kids. Give'm a break. Just my 2 cents.
concerned

Paola, KS

#10 Feb 17, 2011
Outdoorsman, I don't have a "problem" with HISPANICS living in Cobden or them having their own "spanish speaking church". I do have a problem with anyone, whether they be of Hispanic origin, Chinese, African, Greek, etc., moving to a country where they do not know how to speak the language. I would no more move to France to live without knowing how to speak French than a man in the moon. I agree our country has made it too easy for "aliens" from other countries to move into our country. Pressing #1 on a touch tone phone for English and #2 for Spanish really burns my bottom, but, that's life. Go blow somewhere else means, think of a different reason to use this web site. Find a different TOPIC for disscussion. This whole web site is full of lies, deception, slander, malicious comments, etc. You have proposed closing down/putting out of business a local business that has been a landmark of Union County for years, years and years. As I previously mentioned, boycotting Flamms is not the solution. Sounds to me like there is a deeper problem within you. Sounds like you are 100% racist!!
southern IL outdoorsman

San Diego, CA

#11 Feb 17, 2011
Have you ever been South Texas? How about East Los Angeles? It's filled with illegal aliens straight south from Mexico. It's not even America in those places, it's just a third world country. California is the worst state in the Union because it hands out billions to the illegals. Go to the emergency room in the Southwest. All of the illegals will have their 10 kids and they'll get treated first when they are not even citizens. Illegals will get the job because they can undercut wages by not paying taxes or living 15 to an apartment. Go to East LA, Imperial County, Southern AZ and see how you get treated. You won't be able to get a job and your kids will get treated horribly. If you can't speak Spanish forget about anything. I've watched my relative's town of San Diego go from such a nice city to being completely Mexico within a matter of 10 years. Why? Because people hire and cater to them instead of Americans. Now middle America (southern IL) is being ruined and turned into the exact same thing as CA (cobden, alto pass)

United States

#12 Feb 17, 2011
As an interpreter I know that all of ur accusations are hear say that was created by people that are extremely racist............First of all they do pay taxes the only difference is they claim all of their children during the year on their w4 forms so yes they take out less according to the # of dependents they do not qualify for the tax breaks we qualify for ie. Child tax credits, and earned income credit so that money the government keeps even when the children were born here. Second of all the only way an illegal qualifies for a medical card is if they are pregnant with a US citizen then are immidiately cut off when the child is born. The only way food stamps are received is when it is for a US citizen child or adult and it always excludes the illegal family members but counts the income for all family members no matter of what their status is example if there are 2 parents that are illegal working with one child that is legal that child most likely does not qualify for any assistance because the family size would be counted as 1 with too much income for 1 because the parents only count as income not family size. I think that before u go posting hear say and believe what u want to do to racism u need to do ur research and find the truth
concerned

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2011
Outdoorsman, yes, I've been to Galveston where whites are the minority, I enjoyed the trip tremendously. You really are quite bitter and should be prayed for. I sincerely hope you can find peace and rid yourself of hate and bitterness. Life is too short. I'm finished with this topic!!
Anonymous

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2011
1. To many ppl r racist 2. Blame the government officials and border patrol and 3. If it were the other way around then we all would be trying to live and work over here as well put ur place in their shoes in mexico.
NewGirlinTown

Gulf Shores, AL

#15 Mar 28, 2011
Hey, I like apples and Mexican food and these people aren't hurting anyone. Why don't you try living in Mexico for a minute, there, outdoorsman? With the drug wars right now, your wife and kids would be raped to death and you'd be murdered in one of countless nasty ways. Do you want to send these nice, friendly, hardworking people back to that life?
bob dull

Fairfield, CA

#16 Apr 7, 2011
Ahhh what to say what to say, sadly i feel as if it would only be right to deport all of the illegals out of the us not mexicans but anyone and everyone who came in here illegally its not right 8/10 Mexicans any other race is on welfare or food stamps. Yes that personally affects me and my family my hard earned tax money goes to some lady i dont know who pops out babys cause she has never heard if birth control an use that 'free' money to buy cheese its and other necessary food items and will keep using up my tax money and put our country into more debt. So ya it does piss me off I don't like to bust my Ass so some lazy Fuck can use my tax money and waste it. If u can't feed them don't breed them.

“just the average gal”

Since: Apr 11

Hartford, KY

#17 Apr 18, 2011
when I first married my husband, we lived at the government housing, migrant camp, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, but for the Mexicans who go there every spring and stay til fall, it is home away from home. I love the people there, the hispanic community, there amongst the people OUTDOORSMAN wants gone, you feel welcomed and like you belong. they dont treat you like you are different. if i knew i had a job and place to stay i'd move back up there in an instant, but autozone doesn't have a store in Cobden to transfer me to. though there is one in Anna and Carbondale, wonder if the need a bilingual employee:)
Eff Av8tor

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Jul 13, 2011
Why are people saying we should live in Mexico? Uutdoorsman and I have no interest in living in Mexico, but we are getting closer and closer to it everyday which is what we are complaining about. Those that are countering outdoorsman, such as av8tor have never been in consistent contact with Hispanic and/or illegal immigrants. Av8tor has most likely attended a food stand where documented Mexicans server them and then went back to their unaffected suburb with a sense of white guilt. Give it time until you experience REAL modern America and see you in the middle soon!
Eff Av8tor

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Jul 13, 2011
baddestbitch12 wrote:
1. To many ppl r racist 2. Blame the government officials and border patrol and 3. If it were the other way around then we all would be trying to live and work over here as well put ur place in their shoes in mexico.
Please reply in English - Thanks!
dollar dan

Sesser, IL

#20 Jul 15, 2011
well i cant agree that the towns are being over ran with the hispanic people, most are good people who have good family values,but they all know how to work the system, as do many of the whites here, lets face it , the farms need laborers to do what needs to be done , and most white kids are too lazy or too good, or dont have the work ethics to do that kind of work, so the hispanics do, im not a mexcian lover by any means but they are needed to keep the economy here in union county going, yes they overload our system and they all cling together as most ethnic groups do,lets face it this whole usa is in a world of hurt, and it has been a long change coming , the hispanics in the usa is just part of it, be thankfull that the cheap labor is there and here right now or it would cost us all more money in so many ways , i remember when the feilds were filled with blacks, and if you think about it like that the hispanics arent so bad are they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First ladies ding-a- ling.....nice 6 hr The thread is about 16
hilliarys big butt 15 hr Haha 2
Kyleigh Meyers (Jun '14) 15 hr done yet 8
Austin Kimmel Fri lisa 3
Crooks all of them politician's Fri Tyler 2
LyingCrookedHillary.com Fri SaudiSheik 1
New Route 146 tollroad East to West Jun 23 Ray 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cobden Mortgages