Timeless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Just found out another girl is pregnant at AJ. Doesn't want anything to do with the father. He works she doesn't. Amazing an real bright!!! Barely old enough to drive and will soon be pushing a baby carriage and not concerned with how she is going to support the baby and finish school.
secret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Who is pregnant? Girls there are always pregnant.
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Alright, so yes, clearly AJ has had problems with teen pregnancy in the past. But really? If the girls want to have a baby in high school it is their decision! No one else should have a say so in what they do with their lives. Shut the hell up and get a life. AJ is a very nice, respectable, small town where everyone knows everyone.
Chill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

No I disagree with you Ashley. Unless that "CHILD" is living out on her own and paying her "own" way she doesn't have any right to impose a child onto her parents who are supportingher. But to impose that burden on them to help her raise that child until she graduates out of school is not fair. Parents have raised their kids and once they are grown the grandparents are suppose to enjoy and spoil the grandbabies-not raise them. SO you need to shut the hell up!
teen parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

You are right ma'am. I wouldn't call the child a burden or an imposement but you are right in the fact that the grandparents should not be raising the child. These girls have got to become more responsible in their decisions or they will not have a healthy living environment for their child. Maybe we should bring the epidemic to the school board and see what we can do about furthuring speakers and advocates in the abstinence program at aj and the junior highschool.
Chill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

I apolgize I wasn't referring to the child being a burden. But as people retire some of them lose a good part of their income if they try to keep their pregnant teenager in school. Or if they work the teenager's parents are buying the diapers, paying for daycare and depending on income they may or may not get assistance. I want to be a grandparent but I want to enjoy my grandchildren and I'd never turn my back on my children but I would hope when they want to have children they plan ahead and realize THEY are having the kids and they should be doing the sacrafacing, working and paying for their kids just like we did. I never pawned my children off of others so I could just chill or party.
Kacey L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

who is pregnant?
your little friend

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

well if the girls at aj werent sluts nobody would have this problem.
Single Mom

Cairo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

I see this problem all over, not just at AJ. There are some people who blame the parents and some that call the girls names. It really is an education issue, not school education but family education. The boys who father the babies are just as much at fault as the girls. We have to (as parents) teach our children that it is a struggle day to day to raise a child. Their childhood its self is over once they take that step. They should want to be young and care free as long as they can. Once they take that step of getting pregnant then they have to grow up imediatly. It dont help with the TV shows glamourizing teen pregnancy, like "TEEN MOM". Just thought I would comment :)
Teresa Cole

Murphysboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

I think you guys do not know shit about what really happens when a teen gets pregnant
Proud Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Judged:

I'm proud to say that my daughter is a junior at AJ and is still a virgin. I know someone will have something smartass to say along the line of "She must be ugly or something". So, not the case, just raised with morals and self respect. I've been on her Facebook and seen some of her "friends" with pictures of them with older guys and actually drinking, and they are only 14 years old. My daughter knows where I stand with the teen pregnancy issue. I was a single mother at 19 and she knows how hard I worked to support her, I could not imagine being 14 or 15 with a baby that I had to depend on my parents to support, because I had no support system like that. Parents, just talk to your kids, let them know you are there for them and let them know that you've "Been there, done that".
one tooth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

And how do u know your daughter is a virgin? Kids will say anything to their parents. Only one who would know would b a doctor. Think about it.
Proud Parent

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

one tooth wrote:
And how do u know your daughter is a virgin? Kids will say anything to their parents. Only one who would know would b a doctor. Think about it.
I know because my daughter and I are very close and she sucks at lying.
hope you are right

Anna, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I know because my daughter and I are very close and she sucks at lying.
This is what I thought of my daughter as well. Years later i have found out that my daughter practically lived a 2nd life. I look at her today and am just shocked with the things I thought I had instilled in her to just find out that she was doing what all the other kids were doing. Funny that I would brag on her and reward her for what I thought was "Good Behavior!" I am not trying to dog you or your daughter but as a mother of a teen age daughter I say to you, Don't be so sure of this.
Proud Parent

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

And that's fine, I understand where you are coming from that's how I was, but my daughter really doesn't choose to have much of a social life, she is concentrating on school work and college. She has friends that she has seen hit rock bottom and is trying to stay on the straight and narrow. She knows that I have access to her cell, her Facebook and knows where I stand.
My main thing is she is a junior and I'm not a grandma, I wish I had a bumper sticker that said so.
hope you are right

Anna, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Proud Parent wrote:
And that's fine, I understand where you are coming from that's how I was, but my daughter really doesn't choose to have much of a social life, she is concentrating on school work and college. She has friends that she has seen hit rock bottom and is trying to stay on the straight and narrow. She knows that I have access to her cell, her Facebook and knows where I stand.
My main thing is she is a junior and I'm not a grandma, I wish I had a bumper sticker that said so.
That is so funny! Maybe we could market them bumper stickers! Good luck to you and your daughter!
Proud Parent

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

hope you are right wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so funny! Maybe we could market them bumper stickers! Good luck to you and your daughter!
Lol, thank you! If there was one out there, I'd sure put one on my car!
teen mother

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Judged:

This is funny to read because i was a teen mother yes i lived with my mother but i had a job stayed n school payed for daycare and diapers and took care of my child yes my mother let me stay at her house but i payed for everything my child needed so not all teen mothers are so called sluts or whatever you have said about them, and the crazy fact is i was on birth control when this happened and had one steady partner so not every teen parent was so called careless or a slut. I was neither and did what i had to to take care of me and my child and yes it is difficult, but i am one of the ones that stepped up and supported my child and didnt make or ask my parents to do it. So not every teen parent is a bad person or tries to put it on there parents or doesnt think they should have to do it after i had my child let me tell u i didnt even think about goig to parties or anything because i new my child was my responsibility and no1 elses.
Ashney

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Ha I was a senior in high school and had a child. I did not live under my mothers roof and I took care of my child. Me and his dad took care of him. I graduated high school and had a job. His father also had a job. There is no reason to bash teen parents bec guess what some teen parents are better then 30 yr old parents. As long as a teen sets there mind to getting a job and taking care of the baby they are bound to do so. I'm a proud parent of 2 boys now and guess what they are healthy and well taken care of! Spoiled at tht. So don't bash on AJ's pregnancy rate bec most of them take good care of there kids!!
idc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Ashney wrote:
Ha I was a senior in high school and had a child. I did not live under my mothers roof and I took care of my child. Me and his dad took care of him. I graduated high school and had a job. His father also had a job. There is no reason to bash teen parents bec guess what some teen parents are better then 30 yr old parents. As long as a teen sets there mind to getting a job and taking care of the baby they are bound to do so. I'm a proud parent of 2 boys now and guess what they are healthy and well taken care of! Spoiled at tht. So don't bash on AJ's pregnancy rate bec most of them take good care of there kids!!
Ashney u go girl, tell it how it is. Stereotypes really suck and so do the ones who think they know what a perfect parent is, hello theirs NO perfect parent in the world, sorry everyone can do the beat they can do and that's it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cobden Discussions

Search the Cobden Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr John 3,778
Shooting in Jonesboro 4 hr Truth 27
who is the hottest chick in union county? 4 hr Bean 19
Hunter Levan 6 hr me 2
Car driving around hospital. 8 hr Curious 5
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 hr Chicagobunny 47,070
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 9 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cobden Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cobden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance