First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#1 Mar 12, 2012
Who's the drunk who runs Cobden Auto? Same as in Anna?
customer

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2012
Sure is lol
newtgirl

Marion, IL

#3 Mar 16, 2012
What can you tell me about this guy? I'm new to the area and was looking for a mechanic....but this guy gives me a bad vibe.........
cute mommy

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2012
Why would you say he is a drunk?? I have taken my vehicle to the Cobden shop for 3-4 years & have been treated very good. His employees are very nice, the prices are decent & they get the job done. I would at least give the Cobden shop a try.
cute mommy

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2012
just wundrin wrote:
Who's the drunk who runs Cobden Auto? Same as in Anna?
SERIOUSLY??!! Why would you post something like this? Are you trying to ruin someone's reputation? Are you trying to put someone out of business? Between both shops, he generates alot of revenue for Union County. If you are truly new to the area then why post something so derogatory! The owner of these shops is a hard working, honest family man, he has been in business for years & has strong ties to the community. Plus he does ALOT for Cobden Sports, etc. If you don't like him, go somewhere else, if you feel you have been mistreated or unfairly charged take it up with him, don't use this crappy site. My family have been his customers as long as I can remember & have always been given great service!
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#6 Mar 16, 2012
Was just asking based on running in to him in the "inebriated state" on more than one ocassion.....his behavior didn't impress. And, I didn't say I was new to the area...that was "newtgirl."
cute mommy

United States

#7 Mar 16, 2012
just wundrin wrote:
Was just asking based on running in to him in the "inebriated state" on more than one ocassion.....his behavior didn't impress. And, I didn't say I was new to the area...that was "newtgirl."
Well, did you run into him in his "inebriated state" during business hours? If not, then it doesn't have any effect on his work ethic. If I'm correct in my observation, he has employees that do ALOT of his work so you should be able to trust any work performed ok your vehicle.
WOW

United States

#8 Mar 16, 2012
What is wrong with people that they need to make comments & posts about someone they don't even know. Get a life & leave this guy alone, at least he isn't living on welfare. Look at how many families he is responsible for, ie EMPLOYEES. His business must be pretty decent if he had to open a second shop.
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#9 Mar 16, 2012
LIKE I SAID....just asking....didn't want to take my business to Anna if they were operated by the same person. Get a GRIP, cute mommy......hmmmmmmmmmm. You make references to people on welfare? Hope your paycheck doesn't dry up in this economy. Did you know that in IL you have to work for benefits now? But, I assume it is OK to be out driving in the said "inebriated state"....hope your family isn't on the road at that time, nor mine. I guess it's all about priorities.
cute mommy

United States

#10 Mar 16, 2012
just wundrin wrote:
LIKE I SAID....just asking....didn't want to take my business to Anna if they were operated by the same person. Get a GRIP, cute mommy......hmmmmmmmmmm. You make references to people on welfare? Hope your paycheck doesn't dry up in this economy. Did you know that in IL you have to work for benefits now? But, I assume it is OK to be out driving in the said "inebriated state"....hope your family isn't on the road at that time, nor mine. I guess it's all about priorities.
I didn't say anything about welfare someone else did.
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#11 Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, sorry....that was directed at WOW.
Someone who knows

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2012
Cobden Auto Repair has been owned by him for 15 years and because of its reputation and good standing with the public there was a need to open a second location in Anna. It has now been going strong for two years and has equal success. Both shops employee a total of 11 employees which is more than most small businesses in this area. Given these facts I'd say the prior statement made of "CAR Drunk" has no merit. A "drunk" wouldn't have a successful business and longtime employees. It appears to me that the person who brought this to such a sight might be the true drunk...next time think about all the other families you might be affecting
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#13 Mar 17, 2012
Like I said...hope you aren't on the road.....it won't be me who could be a threat....i dont drink
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#14 Mar 17, 2012
Oh, and maybe it is the employees who keep the business going.
just wundrin

Marion, IL

#15 Mar 17, 2012
And, how is my asking about the person I encountered on more than one occasion driving under the influence going to affect such a booming business? It's a personal choice....and thats why I asked. This site will usually give you a BIT of insight from different viewpoints.. I just wanted to know if the businesses were run by the same person, because I had heard they were. If I dont want to do business at one, I dont want to do it at the other. People can have opinions, and mine are based on actual occurrences. Just because I choose not to do business with him doesn't mean you can't continue your wonderful relationship. Just keep an eye out. No one seems to have denied what I have experienced, by the way...just defended his employees......which I would as well.
cute mommy

Osceola, MO

#16 Mar 18, 2012
Tim has some very dedicated, talented, & hard working employees. But he, is also a very smart businessman. It takes ALOT to own not one but two busy automotive repair shops in this economy & in this community.
i know

Osceola, MO

#17 Mar 18, 2012
just wundrin wrote:
Who's the drunk who runs Cobden Auto? Same as in Anna?
Tim Clover owns both shops. But, Jeff Nance runs the Cobden one & Dustin Fisher runs the Anna.
i know

Osceola, MO

#18 Mar 18, 2012
Neither Jeff or Dustin are drunks.
just wundrin

United States

#19 Mar 20, 2012
It wasn't Jeff.......older guy
WOW

United States

#20 Mar 21, 2012
just wundrin wrote:
It wasn't Jeff.......older guy
You don't have anything bad to say about Jeff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Social Justice Warriors 55 min Lenis 6
America Strong 7 hr Smart American 4
War room for jesus 8 hr Atheist 139
blonde at jboro school (May '15) 10 hr Cute bunny 27
hali (Aug '15) 11 hr truth hurts 10
Sex Offenders (Jan '12) 19 hr i hate trolls 25
Did AJCHS Board Do this 21 hr abrie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cobden Mortgages