16-year-old boy shot, killed in Coatesville

Jun 27, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 6 ABC

COATESVILLE, Pa. - June 27, 2010 -- Authorities from Chester County are investigating the fatal shooting of a teenager in Coatesville.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2010
random

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

if the police where doing there job this may have been avoided this is a sixteen year old boy out after curfew.
Guess Who

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Random - Don' you mean "parents" not police?
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

First of its not his parents fault not at all.How do yall know if he wasnt on his way home or not.Yall dont know nothing so maybe yall should keep yall comments to yall self if its not positive.And if the police was out like they are in the day time then this should have never happen.
Guess Who

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Typically 'ville mentality - blame the police. Everything that is wrong with your life is the fault of the police.

Take some responsibility for once.
random

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

i agree with the family member its not the parents fault how many kids are actually inside at curfew and for the record i knew him and he wasnt that type of person.....RIP Carron my condolences go out to the family and loved ones
truestory2767 world

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

people in coatesville need to step up stop blaming the police its your city claen it up, if the police stop someone for curfew then you would have people saying dont yall got nothin to do but bither these kids step up people take control of your city
WOW1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

POINT Blank! IT Should BE NO KILLING PERIOD!!! What the heck IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE THESE DAYS?? ITS JUST NOT THAT SERIOUS!!! YOU CANT BLAME THE POLICE---HOW??? IF THEY WERE ON THESE KIDS 24/7...THEN THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM...RIGHT? YOU GIVE THE YOUNG GROUP A BREATHER...AND NOW THE COPS ARENT DOING THEIR JOB??? EVERYTHING LITTLE THING THE COPS DO IS A PROBLEM.SMH. THESE YOUNG MEN SHOULDNT EVEN OWN GUNS!!! IM SO FAR GONE
WOW1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Nobody life should be takin---nobodys! He didnt get a chance to see Graduation! Parents:::pull ya young ones off the streets!!! i mean you see how bad it is... Young men:::the ones who are upset seeing your friends get hurt---then chose a different path.
repo 1

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

i repo cars in coatesville 3 or 4 times a week its not a safe place and its the people not the police.
i was in coatesville satUrday nite it looked like a big joke with all the people out around where the poor kid got killed stay out of the cops way so they can do there job
i never have a prob. finding a cop in coatesville they are on every other corner
U PEOPLE NEED TO THANK THE POLICE THEY DON'T GET PAYED ENOUGH TO WORK IN THAT S...T HOLE
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

I've lived in coatesville for a long time and yeah now you see the police every where but I never heard that a police don't know what to do when someone got shot yeah that's right that's what they said! They don't know what the hell to do ! WTF how don't you know what to do ! And no people was just surprised that carron got shot ! Carron was a good boy never really heard nothing bad about him.he always had people laughing and smiling ! He wad always there when someone was feeling down.So don't sit there and type all of that bs if you never even knew carron ! Like I said he could of been on his way home or was stoping somewhere to get food or something you don't know.and the guy that shot him was a grown ass man so what you mean.what the hell is a grown man shooting a teenager! What happen to no guns people not killing each other.it use to be if you had a problem go in the street in settle it or talk it out. Yeah you might lose but you lose some and you win some! You can't win them all ! And y'all blaming the parents for what please tell me ! Imagine if that was your child that got shot and people was blaming you???you would be thinking why are they blaming me.yeah y'all sat they should be in the house but if you ride around coatesville you see alot of kids just hanging out.and since repo 1 I think you the one that said you see cops on every corner so where were they when this was going on because they surely didn't come right away?!and what you mean blame the people blame them for what??the cops should be out more often before! Now that that happen now they want to be out riding around...isn't that something! I lost to family members rasheem(mooch) and now carron n they were both young and wasn't ready.and a you people do is blame the damn parents! I bet your kids be doing things you don't even know about and you want to be in here talking all this stuff! So here's the question if your child does something wrong should we blame you???
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

And the police have stopped slot of children when it was pass cerfew do why stop now !
Repo 1

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

i dont blame the parents not at all and im very very sorry about what happened. i dont wish that on anyone
but you cant blame the police there is only so many of them in a city with alot of crime i no u dont wanna here it but the people of coatesville need to help out a little bit to.tell the cops if you no something. i bet you no someone who did a crime did you tell the cops. i bet not stop trying to save people you are just herting others. thats how you need to c it help out a little.
i bet if more people work with the police you can get alot more bad people off the streets
dont let it fool you im not a big fan of alot of police but coatesville police are not that bad go to allentown, norristown parts of phily, chester you will think coatesville cops are great. trust me im at all of them and on my end coatesville is the most helpful but like i said im very very about the child who passed. and i hope all of you help the cops find the a..hole that did it before it happens again it may be me or you next time
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

The cops knows who did it and us searching for him they already checking the guys relative houses so they good they don't need no help because nobody really knows where that fucker is!And coatesville cops are that good from what they did to my other family member mooch ! Who trys to hand cuff someone when they already hurt and not even out the car and was hard for him to even get out! Yeah so coatesville cops aren't great!And you should be a shame for saying it looked like a big joke when people where around where carron had got shot! How about people said that about one of your family members "it looked like a big joke" you would be very angry! Repo 1 do you even live in coatesville???
Repo 1

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

no i dont live in town but outside of coatesville what did mooch do that the cops put him in cuffs
let me guess nothing
any way im done with you. you sound like fool
to all the good people in coatesville that have a clue about life and the parents of the boy god bless
the man that did this will get his day
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Repo 1 you can kiss my A** and go to fuken hell because I really don't give a fuk what any of you losers on here have to say because y'all didn't know carron or mooch so y'all can just stfu ! And keep y'all comments to y'all self better yet call each other and say what you have to say instead of putting it on the Internet ! N if you don't live in coatesville then you really need to stfu cuz I basically lived here for a long time and still living
here!so once again KISS MY BLACK A**!:)
SMH

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Really??? Just proofread these ridiculous comments. I graduated from Coatesville High School and I know for a fact that English is taught a lot better than this. Mr. West would be shaking his head at this butchery of the English language. I am sorry for the families loss. If he was an innocent bystander it is a shame. If he was involved in something nefarious than we all know the rules of the game....some people lose. As far as not knowing if he was on the way home Family Member, if it was after curfew, he shouldn't have been "on the way home" or "stopping to get food" he should have already been home so your arguments there are invalid. I too have lost family members in Coatesville to violence. It hurts and takes forever to move on, but don't let your emotions make you propose a point that is wrong. So who is to blame?? The short answer everyone. The kids need something to do other than the wrong thing. The police need to be more proactive instead of reactive. And the parents need to know who/what/when/where/and why their kids are doing. Intrusive leadership is the needed. I suggest anyone in the "Ville" do the smart thing. Get your education and get the hell out of that city.
Family Member

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Smh...!Alot of teens are out after cerfew ! And you can't tell me nothing I really don't care about English ! I can say whatever the HELL I want and when ever I want ! Repo 1 was def getting on my damn nerves and people got so much to say when a child dies but not this time! They fuking wit the wrong family and dis family member ain't playing and not taking no shxt from ANYBODY !
cville grad

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

I agree with honolulu's comments. Family member, I feel for your pain, but seriously, if you are going to post, try and be coherent and literate. No wonder cville has the name and reputation it has...
Wow 1

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Family Member wrote:
Repo 1 you can kiss my A** and go to fuken hell because I really don't give a fuk what any of you losers on here have to say because y'all didn't know carron or mooch so y'all can just stfu ! And keep y'all comments to y'all self better yet call each other and say what you have to say instead of putting it on the Internet ! N if you don't live in coatesville then you really need to stfu cuz I basically lived here for a long time and still living
here!so once again KISS MY BLACK A**!:)
So sorry your family member got killed my heart goes out to you all.Buutttttttttttt you are not showing that he came from a good family back ground with all that negative talking you family members are doing that is so out of charator when you say he was a good person coming from a bunch of filty mouths like you all. Sorry just calling it like everyone sees it.
Wow 1

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Wow 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry your family member got killed my heart goes out to you all.Buutttttttttttt you are not showing that he came from a good family back ground with all that negative talking you family members are doing that is so out of charator when you say he was a good person coming from a bunch of filty mouths like you all. Sorry just calling it like everyone sees it.
I am from Coatsville and you sound so stupid you must be from the GHETTO part. Hope you don't have kids if so my heart goes out to those poor souls. Child you need Jesus !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coatesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr Condi Rice 3,900
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Fri Jesus C 51,282
snapchat Aug 13 lvrofsex 1
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Jul 29 James H 73
Cougar Sighting/Caught in Downingtown, PA (Aug '08) Jul '14 Paul Yardley PA 40
Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... Jul '14 RayH 1
dnt get it twisted tho Jun '14 posie 3

Search the Coatesville Forum:
•••

Coatesville News Video

•••
•••

Coatesville Jobs

•••