Over 100 and still driving

Over 100 and still driving

There are 31 comments on the abclocal.go.com story from May 26, 2010, titled Over 100 and still driving. In it, abclocal.go.com reports that:

She's about to turn 104-years-old, yet she lives alone and still drives!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at abclocal.go.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SAC

Lindenhurst, NY

#2 May 26, 2010
The article didn't state whether she was a good driver or not. Usually someone that old drives slow. Every time I have been behind someone driving slow, it has been someone who can't see over the steering wheel(mainly little old ladies)

Since: Aug 09

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 26, 2010
I fear this woman is a candidate for an incident of road age....

“Fire in my Bones and”

Since: Apr 10

The sweet taste of Kerosene

#4 May 26, 2010
I think after your 70th Birthday you should have to take a road test every 2 years. After a Stroke you should have to take a road test, to be able to drive again, and after 90, test at least every year.
First Class Jerk

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 26, 2010
this old hag is a selfish jezebel. all she cares about is herself and NOT the public which has to put out alerts whenever this witch gets on the road...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#6 May 26, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
HA! Good one! My wife's grandmother just died at the age of 104. She only started to get dementia her last year.

Since: Aug 09

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 26, 2010
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>HA! Good one! My wife's grandmother just died at the age of 104. She only started to get dementia her last year.
At 103 that's not a dementia diagnosis. It's fatigue.

Thompson's Station, Tn

#8 May 26, 2010
She probably drives better than anyone in Tennessee or Venezuela.
In Tennessee they:
1. Almost never use a turn signal. If they do they do it in the middle of the turn.
2. Over 80% are texting or on their cell phone.
3. Drive 10-20 miles under the speed limit, normally in the passing lane.
4. Hesitate a few seconds and then slowly accelerate at the green light that just changed.
5. Stop at an intersection with a green light no matter what the speed limit is.
In Venezuela:
Wave your arm out the window to stop traffic and constantly blow your horn so you can make a right turn off the sidewalk or median strip. This is hard to do on a cell phone also.
First Class Jerk

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 26, 2010
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
She probably drives better than anyone in Tennessee or Venezuela.
In Tennessee they:
1. Almost never use a turn signal. If they do they do it in the middle of the turn.
2. Over 80% are texting or on their cell phone.
3. Drive 10-20 miles under the speed limit, normally in the passing lane.
4. Hesitate a few seconds and then slowly accelerate at the green light that just changed.
5. Stop at an intersection with a green light no matter what the speed limit is.
In Venezuela:
Wave your arm out the window to stop traffic and constantly blow your horn so you can make a right turn off the sidewalk or median strip. This is hard to do on a cell phone also.
What's your point? The hag can drive better than people from two backward ass countries?

Thompson's Station, Tn

#10 May 26, 2010
She probably drives better backwards also.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#11 May 26, 2010
SAC wrote:
The article didn't state whether she was a good driver or not. Usually someone that old drives slow. Every time I have been behind someone driving slow, it has been someone who can't see over the steering wheel(mainly little old ladies)
I think the title tells you if she is a good driver or not..."Over 100".

She's probably a horrible driver when it comes to quick reactions and keeping up with traffic flow.

Could be a great person, but I can't see how we could call anyone over 100 "a good driver" without adding the phrase "for their age".

Playing video games with my son showed me reaction time does decrease with age.

She probably slams on the breaks 10 seconds after hitting the squirrel in the road as she tries to avoid the rodent.

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 May 26, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
She probably is, but so are teenagers that text while driving, and end up in your lane almost killing you.

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#13 May 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
I think after your 70th Birthday you should have to take a road test every 2 years. After a Stroke you should have to take a road test, to be able to drive again, and after 90, test at least every year.
Do you think if you're in an accident while talking on your cell phone, you should have to renew your license?The only difference between the 80 year old and the 18 year old in this case, is the 80 year olds' handicap is natural, while the 18 year olds' is man made, but both are dangerous.
annabell24

Dalton, GA

#14 May 26, 2010
First Class Jerk wrote:
this old hag is a selfish jezebel. all she cares about is herself and NOT the public which has to put out alerts whenever this witch gets on the road...
At least you got your name right!
First Class Jerk

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 26, 2010
annabell24 wrote:
<quoted text>At least you got your name right!
I bet you suck some mad man meat...
annabell24

Dalton, GA

#16 May 27, 2010
First Class Jerk wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you suck some mad man meat...
In your dreams!

Thompson's Station, Tn

#17 May 27, 2010
I will take a road full of 100 year old women driving impaired at .1 plus blood alcohol over anyone driving while on their cell phone.

“Fire in my Bones and”

Since: Apr 10

The sweet taste of Kerosene

#18 May 27, 2010
HAIRY wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think if you're in an accident while talking on your cell phone, you should have to renew your license?The only difference between the 80 year old and the 18 year old in this case, is the 80 year olds' handicap is natural, while the 18 year olds' is man made, but both are dangerous.
I think if your in an accident while talking on your cell phone, you should have charges brought upon just like drunk driving. I am not aruging the stupidity of youth here, I am stating that older peoples sense and reactions do dull over the years. My ex-father-in-law, who is now 93, had a stroke at 82. After he got home from the rehabilitation center, he REFUSED to stop driving, even though his doctors told him not to. He got in 3 accidents with-in 4 weeks before the courts finally took his licence away, almost killed a 14 month old girl. Older people are stubborn and refuse to admit defeat. In some cases that is a good thing, but when it comes to others safety on the road, its unaaceptable. To "inconvience" the seniors for 15 minutes a year to make sure they are still fit to drive a vehicle is not asking to much.

Thompson's Station, Tn

#19 May 27, 2010
It is up to the individual. Not all people age at the same rate. My father in law had a body of Charles Atlas but a brain of mush. It was sad he was so physically fit but the grey matter failed.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Francisco, CA

#20 May 27, 2010
There's only two kinds of drivers I can't stand.
Tailgaters, and people who won't hurry up and get the **** out of my way!!

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#21 May 27, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if your in an accident while talking on your cell phone, you should have charges brought upon just like drunk driving. I am not aruging the stupidity of youth here, I am stating that older peoples sense and reactions do dull over the years. My ex-father-in-law, who is now 93, had a stroke at 82. After he got home from the rehabilitation center, he REFUSED to stop driving, even though his doctors told him not to. He got in 3 accidents with-in 4 weeks before the courts finally took his license away, almost killed a 14 month old girl. Older people are stubborn and refuse to admit defeat. In some cases that is a good thing, but when it comes to others safety on the road, its unaaceptable. To "inconvience" the seniors for 15 minutes a year to make sure they are still fit to drive a vehicle is not asking to much.
To use your logic, let me ask you this, why not charge the 80 year old with dangerous driving, or make the teenager take their written exam again and learn about dangerous driving(talking on cell phone),just like the older person.By the way, I'm right in the middle,but have never been charged with dangerous driving by the police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coatesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Sat bscott 135
Zack ruff Oct '17 Student 3
Amber leville Oct '17 Ashley 10
peddler inn (Dec '09) Sep '17 John 10
Cops (May '14) Sep '17 John 4
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245
News American Muslim teens learn to disarm Islamophobia (Mar '17) Jul '17 Big irish mechanic 8

Coatesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coatesville Mortgages