Police Investigate Young Couple's Sla...

Police Investigate Young Couple's Slaying

There are 98 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Police Investigate Young Couple's Slaying. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Police are investigating the killings of a young couple in Chester County . Shontae Peterson , 21, and her boyfriend, Carnell Parker, 24, were both shot Sunday, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JRH

Harleysville, PA

#113 Jul 9, 2008
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know the picture is a mug shot. I did not deny that Carnell had some problems with the law. And, I specifically said that he had pending charges therefore he would have had to take a mug shot. However, I believe we live in a society that stresses "innocence until proven guilty." Or at least that is what justice is suppose to be about. Therefore, whether or not Carnell took a mug shot does not prove his guilt. Give him a chance to stand trial until you convict him is all I was saying. You cannot determine the type of person someone is just based on a picture even if it is a mug shot. There are plenty of people who have taken mug shots in their time and are not bad people. But, beyond all of that even if he were convicted that does not mean he deserve to die nor does it mean you should degrade him as if he was worthless. If you cannot find it in your heart to respect him than at least have some respect for his family.
I have a Question for you: When did Driver's Licenses use his or hers "mug Shots" Comon, just looking at him you know he was trouble with a Capitol "T" And Shante was a stupid Broad by lower herself & hang out with that POS. He was so ugly and not even her race!! He was a PR!! your are living in a fairy tale woerld.
RUDE

Philadelphia, PA

#114 Jul 9, 2008
JRH wrote:
<quoted text> I have a Question for you: When did Driver's Licenses use his or hers "mug Shots" Comon, just looking at him you know he was trouble with a Capitol "T" And Shante was a stupid Broad by lower herself & hang out with that POS. He was so ugly and not even her race!! He was a PR!! your are living in a fairy tale woerld.
ACTUALLY NO HE WASNT "PR" AS YOU CALL IT..HE WAS BLACK TOO AS IF IT MATTERED YOU PEOPLE ARE HEARTLESS HE WAS TWO GRIEVING DAUGHTERS AND A TON OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND U HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE THEM DISRESPECT HIM!
PhillyFan

Philadelphia, PA

#115 Jul 9, 2008
He also had 1 bad enemy..I can't feel sorry for someone involved with drugs and killed execution style..it was obviously a hit...he must have p/i/ssed somebody off.
Annoyed

West Chester, PA

#116 Jul 9, 2008
JRH wrote:
<quoted text> I have a Question for you: When did Driver's Licenses use his or hers "mug Shots" Comon, just looking at him you know he was trouble with a Capitol "T" And Shante was a stupid Broad by lower herself & hang out with that POS. He was so ugly and not even her race!! He was a PR!! your are living in a fairy tale woerld.
What are u talking about Driver's Licenses? I never said anything about Driver's Licenses. And, your statement that just looking at him you know he was trouble with a Capitol "T" is so stereotypical. How do you know what someone is like just by looking at them. That is the problem with the world today your judging people just by how they look. There are plenty of people who look like Carnell that aren't trouble at all. And, Carnell was Puerto Rican and Black just so you know. There you go again making assumptions without any prior knowledge or research. You know you don't help yourself at all when you make claims that you have no facts to support. It's ashame.
openyoureyes

Norristown, PA

#117 Jul 9, 2008
Let's see...this guy is 24, has three children and a prior drug conviction in addition to pending charges? What a model citizen! His murder isn't a tragedy...if you play with fire, you're going to get burned.Choices have consequences.
stater75

Norristown, PA

#118 Jul 9, 2008
People who think they knew these victims and their families have a lot to say, but refuse to assist in the investigation.
Racism is getting old

Media, PA

#120 Jul 11, 2008
For all you ignorent, cold hearted, no life people who want to sit on here and make jokes about two wonderul people who's lives were ripped away from them....because of their color....should go to h*ll. It's flat out ignorence. ALL RACES KILL, AND ALL RACES DIE. I knew the wonderful gentleman who's life was taken. And my heart goes out to his family. All this gossip and racism needs to STOP!!! As for his girlfriend, i did not personally know her, but my heart goes out to her family as well...may they rest in peace. And may you ignornt people who want to joke about it...GET A LIFE!!!
Been there

United States

#121 Jul 12, 2008
He was a typical bum. She, it seemed, was a nice girl trying to get somewhere in life. Unfortunatly she got mixed up with th wrong guy. Women frequently think they can "change" the guy. Good luck! Usually it just brings the girl down. This is a very sad story and it ended a nice young woman's life. Hopefully a decent person can be found to raise his three children properly with love and discipline.
a mom

Willingboro, NJ

#124 Jul 14, 2008
Your all missing the boat here, this is not a racial issue. This is about drugs, guns and violence and it all has to stop!! We have 2 very young people here dead and for what ----- poor decisions - his for dealing with the drug world and dragging that into his family and hers for staying with somebody that would do that. My daughter went to Harcum College with Shontae and from what I understand she was a very nice girl with alot of life ahead of her, but instead she's in a graveyard, along with so many of our youth. It's a very sad tradgedy and the victims are the family and loved ones that they left behind. So lets leave race out of this and try to fix the real problem. God bless them all.
LaUgly BlackBitch

Oxford, MI

#126 Jul 14, 2008
Shontae my girl - I told yous not to be messin with dem mens.
C-Town - All Day

West Chester, PA

#127 Jul 25, 2008
C-Town is a hopeless refugee for thugs and criminals that will take years to change. When I relocated to Chester County I could not believe that such a place existed. It is a pathetic city with incompetent people running it. What a joke, Chester County needs to annex Coatesville and try to make something of such chaos, if it is possible. More people take pride in how tough, ugly, ignorant, hopeless, and criminal they are in Coatesville than the opposite. The only way to get any street credentials is to act like an anti-social predator in Coatesville; this has been passed on from generation to generation, so I am told. It is quite a sight to see such behavior in such an isolated area in the middle of nowhere, why recreate what your forefathers were trying to escape from? You C-Towners should all be ashamed of yourselves for living such disappointing and pathetic lives.
again and again

United States

#128 Jul 25, 2008
well...more blacks fall victim to violence. Martin Luther King would be so disheartened over all the dedicated work he has done. Why oh why won't they relinquish their associations with the thug lifestyle. Bill Cosby was right.
montcomama

Northampton, PA

#129 Jul 25, 2008
Momma wrote:
Coatesville is every bit as ugly as North Philly. The blacks hate the Mexicans and the mexicans hate the blacks. Drugs are everywhere. I would have left years ago if I could have sold my home. The homes are not worth anything. It is like being stranded on some prison island. House prices are low\, taxes are high; but the people who have ruined the city don't pay any taxes because they are all Section 8.
my condolences to these young people's families. its a shame and a loss no matter what the circumstances...I agree with your comment and my comment is not directed it at them its an observation of what norristown, pottstown, reading, upper darby and other little suburban towns are becoming...mini north philly's...I went to school in WC in the 80's and the Ville was nothing like it is today...horrible...philly's rejects moved there for section 8 housing at taxpayers cost...the landlords need to stop renting to them.
montcomama

Northampton, PA

#130 Jul 25, 2008
C-Town - All Day wrote:
C-Town is a hopeless refugee for thugs and criminals that will take years to change. When I relocated to Chester County I could not believe that such a place existed. It is a pathetic city with incompetent people running it. What a joke, Chester County needs to annex Coatesville and try to make something of such chaos, if it is possible. More people take pride in how tough, ugly, ignorant, hopeless, and criminal they are in Coatesville than the opposite. The only way to get any street credentials is to act like an anti-social predator in Coatesville; this has been passed on from generation to generation, so I am told. It is quite a sight to see such behavior in such an isolated area in the middle of nowhere, why recreate what your forefathers were trying to escape from? You C-Towners should all be ashamed of yourselves for living such disappointing and pathetic lives.
I agree with your comment. why do some young men (all races)think that it is ok to be a thug? I see it here in N-town all the time and I am so sick of it. that mentality only leads to prison or death...and what's "thug" about having your manhood taken in prison? these young people need to wake up and grow up. they see that thug crap from the rappers but those rappers that they seek to imitate live in million $ homes far away from the hood...because in real life they became successful to escape being a thug...
Momma

United States

#131 Jul 25, 2008
Maybe she was trying to finish school and start a career and be responsible for herself. She made one huge mistake and it cost her her life: she got involved with a thug. Maybe she thought she could reform him, who knows. She wasn't the first and she won't be the last nice girl who thought she could change a bad boy.
Tay

Allentown, PA

#132 Oct 25, 2008
Shontae was my RA and her dorm room was right acroos from me. she will be deeply missed. We love you Shontae.
far

Cape May, NJ

#133 Feb 2, 2011
shont was the best cuz ever.she was always there for me i wish she was here. ever since this happen my family broke apart. i miss you cuz forever i love you
fair

Norristown, PA

#134 Feb 2, 2011
shontae waz the best bff my older cuz cud eva had i hardly knew shont but i still waz sad wen i heard bout it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coatesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zack ruff Oct 16 Student 3
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Oct 15 Glenn marsh 134
Amber leville Oct 6 Ashley 10
peddler inn (Dec '09) Sep '17 John 10
Cops (May '14) Sep '17 John 4
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245
News American Muslim teens learn to disarm Islamophobia (Mar '17) Jul '17 Big irish mechanic 8

Coatesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coatesville Mortgages