Police Investigate Young Couple's Sla...

Police Investigate Young Couple's Slaying

There are 98 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Police Investigate Young Couple's Slaying. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Police are investigating the killings of a young couple in Chester County . Shontae Peterson , 21, and her boyfriend, Carnell Parker, 24, were both shot Sunday, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JRH

Harleysville, PA

#1 Jul 7, 2008
Neighbor stated the Victims were good people??? Yeah Right
Being Friends with Druggies -- No Good No Sympathy
SENSELESS

Coatesville, PA

#3 Jul 7, 2008
It's truly a shame that these slayings occurred!!!!

I send out my DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO THE PETERSON AND PARKER FAMILIES, FOR THEIR SUDDEN AND TRAGIC LOSE!!!!!!!!!!

Coco From Philly
SENSELESS MIND

Coatesville, PA

#4 Jul 7, 2008
Whom ever posted the comment NO Good No SYMPATHY, You need to be called out, 2 families just lost loved ones Good or Bad, they didn't deserve to DIE!!! I personally knew Carnell so I'm feeling some type of way, and as for the Peterson Girl she just graduated from college, a young college educated woman didn't even begin to see how huge of an accomplishment graduating was, now dead at 21.
Your comment was a terrible thing for the family and friends of the deceased to read!!! GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY

COCO FROM PHILLY BY WAY OF COATESVILLE
Vincent Gaitley

Levittown, PA

#5 Jul 7, 2008
Shontae did not graduate from a "Web design" school as the story says, she graduated from Harcum College with an Associate Arts degree in Design. We will miss her here at Harcum.
Momma

United States

#6 Jul 7, 2008
Coatesville is every bit as ugly as North Philly. The blacks hate the Mexicans and the mexicans hate the blacks. Drugs are everywhere. I would have left years ago if I could have sold my home. The homes are not worth anything. It is like being stranded on some prison island. House prices are low\, taxes are high; but the people who have ruined the city don't pay any taxes because they are all Section 8.
Momma

United States

#13 Jul 7, 2008
The news said he had three children...where was his baby mama? This has got to stop!
Steve

Levittown, PA

#14 Jul 7, 2008
Bud Dickman wrote:
No Shontae and Carnell? Well, there goes the cure for cancer and the invention to replace fossil fuels.
And Maury Povich is gonna be short 2 guests. Oh well.
Two people are murdered and you have nothing better to do with yourself then come on the internet and make stupid jokes. What a loser.
Annette W

Paoli, PA

#15 Jul 7, 2008
To the person who made that very ugly and ignorant comment about the couple who was slain yesterday you have my deepest sympathy. Yes, sympathy. When you can sit at your computer and guide your fingers to spit out such hatred you are nothing more than pitiful. I knew Shontae, she was a friend of mine. As for Carnell, it doesn't matter if I knew him or not, he had a life and a soul. Shontae was vibrant, her ambition was to be a talented interior designer so she pursued her degree and graduated in May of this year...Shontae had a such a strength that was uncovered once you took the time to talk to her and let her really speak her mind....a smile and dimples that could brighten the whole room....Shontae was a character to say the least. She was feisty, she would make you drop your jaw at her crazy antics, make you laugh and shake your head and then give you the nicest compliment all in one breath. Shontae had hopes, dreams, fears, good day, bad days and most of all the desire to live life.... You see while I sit here and the tears well up in my eyes for a friend that I will never have the chance to see again, my heart swells with fondness for the memories that I have of her. Now, while you sat there at your computer and stroked out about 108 keystrokes to communicate your ignorance and pass judgment on two people you apparently did not know....what did you feel? Probably the same hatred you felt yesterday for some other random thing in your small life. If you think you are making people mad, well some, maybe so, but like I said I just pity you. One day you will have to use those keystrokes......in remembrance of your lost loved one...who was senselessly slain.....so see....you have my deepest sympathy.
Annette W

Paoli, PA

#16 Jul 7, 2008
JRH wrote:
Neighbor stated the Victims were good people??? Yeah Right
Being Friends with Druggies -- No Good No Sympathy
To the person who made that very ugly and ignorant comment about the couple who was slain yesterday you have my deepest sympathy. Yes, sympathy. When you can sit at your computer and guide your fingers to spit out such hatred you are nothing more than pitiful. I knew Shontae, she was a friend of mine. As for Carnell, it doesn't matter if I knew him or not, he had a life and a soul. Shontae was vibrant, her ambition was to be a talented interior designer so she pursued her degree and graduated in May of this year...Shontae had a such a strength that was uncovered once you took the time to talk to her and let her really speak her mind....a smile and dimples that could brighten the whole room....Shontae was a character to say the least. She was feisty, she would make you drop your jaw at her crazy antics, make you laugh and shake your head and then give you the nicest compliment all in one breath. Shontae had hopes, dreams, fears, good day, bad days and most of all the desire to live life.... You see while I sit here and the tears well up in my eyes for a friend that I will never have the chance to see again, my heart swells with fondness for the memories that I have of her. Now, while you sat there at your computer and stroked out about 108 keystrokes to communicate your ignorance and pass judgment on two people you apparently did not know....what did you feel? Probably the same hatred you felt yesterday for some other random thing in your small life. If you think you are making people mad, well some, maybe so, but like I said I just pity you. One day you will have to use those keystrokes......in remembrance of your lost loved one...who was senselessly slain.....so see....you have my deepest sympathy
Michelle Pumphrey

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 7, 2008
I would like to send out my sympathy
for those two families. May the Lord
strengthen both families in their time
of sorrow.I would like to say to you readers out there who continue to make these racist remarks.There is a God in heaven who sits high and looks
down on us.Know this! you are going to give an account for every idle word
that comes out of your mouth. The word of God says that you will reap what you sow, and some of you been sowing some truly ungodly negative
words to families who just might be
reading these blogs. When the reaping
start hitting your love ones just remember that I warned you about your
words. Life and Death is in the power of your tongue, so watch out people
and I am saying this in love, We are all creation of God and he said we are
fearfully and wonderfully made and he
didn't leave out any race of people.
This violence is not a black or white
issue, this is a SIN issue! there is
a battle in this world against Good and Evil,We all need to fall on our knees and ask God to forgive us because we all contibute to this world being in the mess that it is
Our words has formed alot of the things that are happeneing. So let us
be mindful of what we do and say. we have little one who will be left here when we are dead and gone . Lets try
to clean this world up for them okay?
Bud Dickman

United States

#18 Jul 7, 2008
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people are murdered and you have nothing better to do with yourself then come on the internet and make stupid jokes. What a loser.
Butch-up Sally and quit whining.
Maurice

Hyattsville, MD

#19 Jul 7, 2008
Shontae was my best friend.. and im sad to see here go.. just thinking about how big her heart was her smile, laugh and over all being brings a smile to her face we were both Interior Design Majors at Harcum College as well as RA's we immediatly became friends our freshmen year she will truly be missed
Dennis Denson

Burlington, NJ

#21 Jul 7, 2008
I think wawa need to give the Public answere on how they can let someone just tamper with there gas Pump and also therer ATM machine especially the ATM Machine since they are inside are the employee paying attention what going on around them.
Dennis Denson

Burlington, NJ

#22 Jul 7, 2008
I think WaWa need too give the Public some answeres on how they can let someone just Tamper with the gas pump and there ATm Machine especially the ATm Machine since they are located inside are the Employee paying Attention what is going on around them.
Shirley

Harrisburg, PA

#24 Jul 7, 2008
Why was Shontae hanging with thugs? She had no idea what happens when you lay down with dogs?
thismakesnosense

Wallingford, PA

#27 Jul 7, 2008
Michelle Pumphrey wrote:
I would like to send out my sympathy
for those two families. May the Lord
strengthen both families in their time
of sorrow.I would like to say to you readers out there who continue to make these racist remarks.There is a God in heaven who sits high and looks
down on us.Know this! you are going to give an account for every idle word
that comes out of your mouth. The word of God says that you will reap what you sow, and some of you been sowing some truly ungodly negative
words to families who just might be
reading these blogs. When the reaping
start hitting your love ones just remember that I warned you about your
words. Life and Death is in the power of your tongue, so watch out people
and I am saying this in love, We are all creation of God and he said we are
fearfully and wonderfully made and he
didn't leave out any race of people.
This violence is not a black or white
issue, this is a SIN issue! there is
a battle in this world against Good and Evil,We all need to fall on our knees and ask God to forgive us because we all contibute to this world being in the mess that it is
Our words has formed alot of the things that are happeneing. So let us
be mindful of what we do and say. we have little one who will be left here when we are dead and gone . Lets try
to clean this world up for them okay?
thanks for the uplifting post these racist people make me sooooo sick i stop replying along time ago
jerseygirl

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Jul 7, 2008
I wasn't going to post anything, but I am so appalled at what I am reading here tonight. Ignorance is in full bloom here and it is so sad to see that in this day and age, there are still backwoods, close-minded people who exist on this earth. Your words are do not effect me, for I am a proud African-American. What is most upsetting is the fact that we as black people are giving these ignorant bastards more ammunition against us. It's time to wake up and stop with this self hatred. And to the person who said he loved Mexicans...they have their criminal element just like everyone else. It doesn't matter who sold drugs or whatever the case may be. The sad reality is that people are dying for nothing.
mac

Norristown, PA

#30 Jul 7, 2008
i just cant believe what im reading....."she got what she got" she was my friend i she was more kind hearted and wonderful then anyone one of you cold rude awful people could ever be.....to the peron the said he is were he should be....hell. really you must be a great person coming online were friends and family go to find suport in their time of need and just bash on two young people that you have no idea what they were like. its 2008 open your eyes and see that wither they where black white pink whatever that these are two young people that have lost thier lives in a tragic.........pray dont judge
Shanna

West Chester, PA

#32 Jul 8, 2008
To the heartless as well as brainless man who posted that Carnell was "trash" and will be sent to hell...Carnell was a living, breathing human being as well as a funny young man who had a life, friends and family. I met Carnell in middle school and it was a pleasure to know him. And who made YOU God, saying he will be sent to hell? Can you imagine, being shot execution style with your girlfriend right next you? No I didnt think so. SO you go back to your little King of Prussia suburb and think about that. Carnell was someone's son, grandson, brother, cousin, nephew and friend. You should be ashamed of yourself. And as for his girlfriend, my heart and prayers go out to Shontae's family. What a life to be gone. Smart, talented and pretty. You are all in my prayers.
kitty

United States

#34 Jul 8, 2008
Momma wrote:
Coatesville is every bit as ugly as North Philly. The blacks hate the Mexicans and the mexicans hate the blacks. Drugs are everywhere. I would have left years ago if I could have sold my home. The homes are not worth anything. It is like being stranded on some prison island. House prices are low\, taxes are high; but the people who have ruined the city don't pay any taxes because they are all Section 8.
My sympathy to the families of these two, but nothing good can come from CVille! My suggestion...run from this town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coatesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Dec 27 Jmac 121
Click and check ths out.... Dec '16 Mama6 1
"Jones Mine Pond" fishing club? Dec '16 Someguy 1
jamie Finnefrock Nov '16 ok 1
French Creek Golf club in Elverson has gone dow... (Oct '15) Oct '16 Angrygirl 4
Poll Who is ruining american society? (Nov '07) Jul '16 Diego-619 118
News Public schools and your money (Jun '15) Mar '16 Just saying 222

Coatesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coatesville Mortgages