American Legion Post in York plagued ...

American Legion Post in York plagued with problems closes

There are 32 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 5, 2011, titled American Legion Post in York plagued with problems closes. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

After years of shootings and fights, members of the American Legion Charles E. Williams Post have agreed to close their downtown post and move to another in York, according to a state Legion administrator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thank a Vet

York, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Thank heavens the members of the C. E. Williams VFW Post decided to close. It was sad that an organization chartered to honor our vets had turned into a thug-haven.

Hopefully, the vets at VFW Post 127 will do a much better job of keeping the riff-raff out.

Bless you all, Vets! Thanks for your service.
just-sayin

York, PA

#2 Jan 5, 2011
What TooK So looooooooNG????? MOFUK....
doink

York, PA

#3 Jan 5, 2011
Excellent decision! If people act like animals, they don't deserve it.
oh my

Shrewsbury, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
Kit Watson is part of the problem...but his pay check for doing so called non profit overrides shutting this gang headquaters...and why take the name...that has been trashed also...clean slate
John Muller Jr

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Jan 5, 2011
Glad to know so many members of 127 who won't put up with rift rats so if you served The USA enjoy if your just looking for a place to start trouble do us all a favor and stay away.......
big G

York, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
Thats sad that a private club has to deal with such hidious behavior.
Hiawatha

Annapolis, MD

#7 Jan 5, 2011
Me no find palefaces plaguing Legion.

Me find much plague.

Plague now go somewhere else like "church".
anonomos

Walterboro, SC

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Posr 127 should not give their name not at all, if the 70 members want to join 127 fine, but to bring charles e williams with them is not acceptable, if they do this i will join another Post, we the members of post came from the dark ages when 127 was all white, we should not discrace our 127 commrads by chaiging the name, HELL NO
Wm Lee Smallwood

New Orleans, LA

#9 Jan 5, 2011
I applaud the decision of American Legion Post #794 to merge with post #127. I still maintain my membership in Post #794 and recommend that because of the person and the historic significance, name its merged post, the Charles E. Williams American Legion Post #127.
DJ NEW YORK

York, PA

#10 Jan 5, 2011
My shine time started in the legion. I was just a young pupil with the infamous DJ SMASH. Can't change yesterday and who knows could be for better or worse, but damn we are going to miss this place!
RIP Jeff Sease
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

#11 Jan 5, 2011
The American Legion State Dept. HQ should have shut this post down YEARS ago. It had become a disgrace to the American legion and its rich heritage.
Just a matter of time

York, PA

#12 Jan 5, 2011
Thank a Vet wrote:
Thank heavens the members of the C. E. Williams VFW Post decided to close. It was sad that an organization chartered to honor our vets had turned into a thug-haven.
Hopefully, the vets at VFW Post 127 will do a much better job of keeping the riff-raff out.
Bless you all, Vets! Thanks for your service.
Thanks but no thanks for you compliment, but PLEASE DO NOT associate Post 127 with the 'Veterans of Foreign Wars'(VFW). Post 127 is an American Legion Post and so WAS (thank God - past tense) Post 794!
If Post 127 wishes to drag themselves down to the level of 794, all they have to do is include the name 'Charles E. Williams Post'(no offense to Charles Williams) and that'll do it. 794 should have been closed decades ago. Where is the next spot THEY will run into the ground???
Sarcastic Spastic

Hanover, PA

#13 Jan 6, 2011
and another business closes in downtown because diversity works! Our Diverse city brings commerce and a wonderful tax base to such a clean and safe city!
George

Washington, DC

#14 Jan 6, 2011
anonomos wrote:
Posr 127 should not give their name not at all, if the 70 members want to join 127 fine, but to bring charles e williams with them is not acceptable, if they do this i will join another Post, we the members of post came from the dark ages when 127 was all white, we should not discrace our 127 commrads by chaiging the name, HELL NO
Did you also serve in an all-white military! NO!!!!!!!
Bubs

San Bruno, CA

#15 Jan 6, 2011
Another example of how great diversifying the city is for the economy. Por ch monkeys need to stop trashing everything they get their hands on.
Mr Final Word

Stewartstown, PA

#16 Jan 6, 2011
Please do not feed the monkeys and for Gods sake, do NOT....under any circumstances, give them alcohol. It's simply not fair to society...or the police... or the taxpayers. Now we have yet another vacant boarded up building in York. Well at least the junkies will have a decent place to crawl (break) into....shoot up.....and die.
Just curious

York, PA

#17 Jan 6, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>Did you also serve in an all-white military! NO!!!!!!!
Absolutely NOT! And that is precisely why the gentleman made his particular statement! The question, did you serve, period, George? Give us a little run down on YOUR DD-214!
Possibly you could enlist now that 'DADT' has been rescinded!
The good man are

Westminster, MD

#18 Jan 6, 2011
the good people that could run it are all gone now George Wilson, Jimmy Spells (New York, James, those are the people that had some real class and knew how to treat people right.
girl

York, PA

#19 Jan 6, 2011
Wm Lee Smallwood wrote:
I applaud the decision of American Legion Post #794 to merge with post #127. I still maintain my membership in Post #794 and recommend that because of the person and the historic significance, name its merged post, the Charles E. Williams American Legion Post #127.
So the same thing can happen again? NOPE! Ain't biting for that at all...
George

Washington, DC

#20 Jan 6, 2011
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely NOT! And that is precisely why the gentleman made his particular statement! The question, did you serve, period, George? Give us a little run down on YOUR DD-214!
Possibly you could enlist now that 'DADT' has been rescinded!
I did not serve! I am a member of the Sons of the American legion! Not a lowlife social member! Did you serve? I dont need you to rattle off asll of you supposed metal and citations. Just a simple yes or no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coatesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accident Saturday at 322&82 what happened? (Sep '15) Dec 11 Dee 2
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Dec 11 Hakee 137
News Wachovia closing branches; community groups pro... (Dec '06) Dec 9 weapon X 6
Zack ruff Dec 5 Jon 4
Amber leville Oct '17 Ashley 10
peddler inn (Dec '09) Sep '17 John 10
Cops (May '14) Sep '17 John 4

Coatesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coatesville Mortgages