First Prev
of 4
Next Last
what?

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2012
What is everyone's thoughts on David Treece as Coalfield's new principal?
parent

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2012
so far he is doin a great job and l personally think he will fair and a very good pinciple !
Proud Parent

United States

#3 Sep 9, 2012
I think its the best move that Coalfield has made,in years! Forgive me if I hurt anybody's feelings but,ever since Mr.Underwood has retired;with the exception of having Coach Henry fill in as Principal,seems every person that has had that position,has been a horrible decision. Mr.Treece loves Coalfield,loves these kids & has their best interest @ heart. He hasnt forgot how it feels to be a kid,teacher,parent,etc. He doesnt ship every kid out,for every offence,he deals with it. People are not perfect & when you send them off for every offence,I believe that sends a horrible message . I love the changes he has made! My thoughts,prayers & support go out to him & his family. Welcome Home Mr.Treece!
parent

Charlotte, NC

#4 Sep 9, 2012
very well said !! he has my support 100%
former student

Lenoir City, TN

#5 Sep 26, 2012
Mr. Treece is awesome:-) I was a student when he was principal before. He really knows how to connect with the kids and does a great job balancing getting the job done and having fun.
Montague

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Seems like a nice guy. Wonder how popular he'll be when it dawns on the community that he has ditched the traditional school halloween contest that everyone has enjoyed so much for so many years...? Yea, don't bother starting those costumes early this year parents....it's supposedly been flushed... if we end up with another non-original trunk or treat taking its place, I'm gonna vomit.
Crusoe

Clinton, TN

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Montague wrote:
Seems like a nice guy. Wonder how popular he'll be when it dawns on the community that he has ditched the traditional school halloween contest that everyone has enjoyed so much for so many years...? Yea, don't bother starting those costumes early this year parents....it's supposedly been flushed... if we end up with another non-original trunk or treat taking its place, I'm gonna vomit.
I hear the annual Christmas tree lighting with the songs and all is down in flames as well. Not sure if that was him or Diden, though. Anything to lessen Christianity in Christmas, I guess.
For real

Wartburg, TN

#8 Sep 27, 2012
It wasn't Dr. D. Other schools are stayin traditional.
big cat

Columbia, SC

#9 Sep 27, 2012
@ crusoe how long has it been since there was a Christmas tree lightening at coalfield ? you say annual , well it has been about 4 years at least since the last one so you are a troll, so shut the hell up !!
Crusoe

Clinton, TN

#10 Sep 28, 2012
big cat wrote:
@ crusoe how long has it been since there was a Christmas tree lightening at coalfield ? you say annual , well it has been about 4 years at least since the last one so you are a troll, so shut the hell up !!
hmmm....actually, there has been one at the school for at least the last 20 yrs... the kids make ornaments and a former principal sings.... Diden was even at last years. Perhaps you are indeed the one who knows nothing and should....oh, nevermind.
Stern

Kingston, TN

#11 Sep 28, 2012
big cat wrote:
Guess again smart mouth... there was one last year...in fact, for several years at least.
Harry the Healer

Charlotte, NC

#12 Sep 29, 2012
David is a wonderful principal and great man.
stevo

Knoxville, TN

#13 Oct 1, 2012
[QUOTE who="what?"]What is everyone's thoughts on David Treece as Coalfield's new principal?[/QUOTE]
Nice guy. Always liked him.
I just hope we can avoid the "local-yokel" clique. A small school environment has a ton of positives, but if all or most of the admin, teachers, etc come from the exact same background that will NOT be a net positive. A wide variety of backgrounds and interests always produces a better staff at any job. If everyone thinks Coalfield football (just an example) is the height of success in the world... they're in deep trouble. Too much local-yokel friendliness will lead to lower academics and tendency toward the mediocre in expectations. It's always hard to push your buddies to shape up...even harder to tell them to ship out... nice guy or not.
whomever

Oak Ridge, NC

#14 Oct 3, 2012
David Treece is doing a fine job and whomever decided to hire him made a good choice. Whomever decided to do away with the halloween contest did a good deed. Halloween and spookhouses are evil. We don't need tricky treating and kids dressing up like goberlins and ghools and out bumming candy and throwing eggs and turning over everybody's outhause.
Montague wrote:
Wonder how popular he'll be when it dawns on the community that he has ditched the traditional school halloween contest that everyone has enjoyed so much for so many years...? Yea, don't bother starting those costumes early this year parents....it's supposedly been flushed....
Muddy hole

Duluth, GA

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Well here we go again Crusoe running his pie hole again. Dumb ass
hmm

Oneida, TN

#16 Mar 27, 2013
I hear there there are a lot of fights again. Treece is a nice guy but he is not an academic guy.
know all?

Duluth, GA

#17 Mar 27, 2013
hmm wrote:
I hear there there are a lot of fights again. Treece is a nice guy but he is not an academic guy.
And how do you know Treece isn't academic?
hmm

Oneida, TN

#18 Mar 28, 2013
let's hust say I've known for a very lng time and he has never struck me as academic but he is a nice guy.
Nick Carraway

Kingston, TN

#19 Mar 29, 2013
hmm wrote:
let's hust say I've known for a very lng time and he has never struck me as academic but he is a nice guy.
You can see the rules slipping around the margins. Students sense it and skirt them a little more as time goes by. Nothing horrific, just a shift in environment because of small shifts in what is expected and what will happen discipline-wise. "Ahh, hey...they weren't really hurting anything...just kid stuff" That's nice and all, but it leads to long term discipline problems when you have 100s of kids because everybody learns rules aren't exactly really rules...just suggestions.
know all?

Duluth, GA

#20 Mar 29, 2013
All of you that are disappointed with Treece, would you rather have Bennett back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coalfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Howard Dagley 3 hr Whitney 21
Girl at windrock 9 hr Zbd840 9
Fairview nudists 13 hr Debbie Honey Bunch 1
Need a side chick 13 hr Jebidi 5
Girl at windrock Mon Zbd840 1
Smart people Mon Lonely 1
thoughts on lying & cheating men (Aug '11) Mon Drop it 15
More from around the web

Coalfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE