Woman who guided Jim Thorpe rebirth dies

Woman who guided Jim Thorpe rebirth dies

There are 5 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Woman who guided Jim Thorpe rebirth dies. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Agnes T. McCartney at a dinner held in Jim Thorpe in Feb. 2000. Agnes T. McCartney, who guided Jim Thorpe through its metamorphosis from a weary coal town to one of the state's leading tourist attractions, has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Here to tell you

Lehighton, PA

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Jim Thorpe's mom died?
JasonBourne

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2008
No...the mother of the town Jim Thorpe. The driving force in helping the town of Jim Thorpe become what it is today!! So sad but yet she lived a full life dedicated to making Jim Thorpe THE place to visit in Northeast PA. R.I.P.
JimE

Douglassville, PA

#3 Aug 27, 2008
Don't forget George Hart, who also passed away this year. His trains were a focal point that brought the people to the town and they stayed to look around.
Joey D

Glen Lyon, PA

#4 Aug 28, 2008
a nice article to this great lady but where are the facts/details HOW she changed/ J. Thorpe? It would have been good reporting to do so. I clicked this article to read how J. Thorpe become so wonderful and found nothing :(
celebrate

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2008
it's very sad to loose such a carbon county icon. We should celebrate her life with a Agnes day once a year!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coaldale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Drunk' Pa. mom charged after child calls for h... 5 hr Rico Suave 8
News Deputy coroner guilty of soliciting sex from Pa... 19 hr hollyweird 1
News Hazleton man pleads guilty to sex charges Thu Bubbles 2
What is your favorite rock band from Tamaqua?? ... (Nov '10) Wed Knowledgeable 179
Tamaqua Topix Forum Harassmentf (Aug '12) Jan 17 Knowledgeable 23
News Get into the holiday spirit with activities aro... (Dec '09) Jan 17 Knowledgeable 21
Leiby's Food! Jan 17 ImTiredOf_It 4

Coaldale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coaldale Mortgages