Lansford council weighs buying old sc...

Lansford council weighs buying old school

There are 5 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 3, 2009, titled Lansford council weighs buying old school. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Panther Valley's former middle school in downtown Lansford could generate enough money as rental space and save enough more by consolidating municipal offices to shave 3 mills off the borough tax rate, Borough ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

No_longer_there

Plainfield, NJ

#2 Feb 3, 2009
Thank God I moved! The only thing that building is good for is if they tare it down. Lansford doesn't even have the money to pay for the grant offered. They would need to spend a million before they would get the matching money. They don't even have a thousand dollars let alone a million.
Lansford Resident

Blairstown, NJ

#3 Feb 3, 2009
Relax, people. Soon the coal mines will re-open and George Bright will come back from the dead to open his department store again.

Lansford will be great again.

Now...where did I set my crack pipe? Oh, there it is next to my welfare check.
thetrappershack

Gilbertsville, PA

#5 Feb 3, 2009
what they should do is sell more of the public parking to the shops.
jojo the dancing monkey

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2009
they are using it as a junk yard right now, so much crap there its not even funny anymore. I got out of my way and go through Nesq. to get to the other side of 209, WHAT A CRAP HOLE !!!
Twitch

Blairstown, NJ

#7 Feb 6, 2009
Can we let the sin city people have a drug house in the middle of town? This summer it will be a squatters festival in there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coaldale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tamaqua school board 6 hr palumpskioxicandyman 14
david demelfi & joey merlino 19 hr the wonders in NEPA 2
frame jobs in tamaqua pa Fri wow 23
Seth Valentine candlelight vigil (Sep '12) Fri Pillslamma 197
News Tamaqua landlord remanded to county jail on sex... (Dec '15) Fri yup 27
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) Fri SlickWilly 7,974
News Tamaqua fires police officer Thu SamIam 13

Coaldale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance