Man surrenders after eight-hour standoff in Carbon

There are 20 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Man surrenders after eight-hour standoff in Carbon. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

More than a dozen police officers surrounded a Carbon County man's apartment last night after he threatened to kill his family and shoot it out with police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

MINOOKA BLUES

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Where's the mashed potatoes b*tch?
Curious Questioner

Allentown, PA

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Probably got upset because he's going to lose more of his income due to Obama's plan to spread the wealth.
just me

Palmerton, PA

#4 Nov 6, 2008
Springdell. Not Springdale. As always, good reporting.
Obaminator

Mertztown, PA

#5 Nov 6, 2008
Hey Man hang in there times will get better, I will get you welfare, I'll tax your neighbor he got bucks
BE HAPPY

Novato, CA

#6 Nov 6, 2008
Isn't it welfare housing? He will for sure get help thanks to Obama!
Eddie Clem

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Nov 6, 2008
When I saw the headline, I thought is was for sure going to be former Jim Thorpe patrolman, Toad Loosely...
FireCracker

Middleburg, PA

#8 Nov 6, 2008
Was Bill Penas
FireCracker

Middleburg, PA

#9 Nov 6, 2008
Curious Questioner wrote:
Probably got upset because he's going to lose more of his income due to Obama's plan to spread the wealth.
Yes your wealth is headed to philly.
He will be so popular, he will get his pik on the food stamp.
howsmart

Allentown, PA

#11 Nov 6, 2008
You know, reading this is quite entertaining. The amount of knowledge and lack of judgment that is placed on others in the comments below are quite intelligent. I applaud your words of wisdom.

McCain would be so proud.
from georgia

Stanhope, NJ

#12 Nov 6, 2008
CARBON COUNTY 4 CRAZIES wrote:
maybe his white wife or white daughter confessed that they were having sex with a black man who looked just like that dreamy pres. obama.
daddy, obama is so big, it hurts when i sit to eat.
you are nasty
Adam Resnick

Lehighton, PA

#14 Nov 6, 2008
From what I heard listening to my Uniden Bearcat 8000 channel scanner, it was total chaos down there and then Jack Soberick arrived on scene and everything was quickly organized. Good job as always Jack
Professor Einstein

Allentown, PA

#15 Nov 6, 2008
So many "words of wisdom"...."from so many idiots in the world". Then again, consider the locales they are coming from and there is no need to wonder why this is called a "depressed(ing)" area.
CARBON COUNTY 4 CRAZIES

Plymouth, PA

#16 Nov 6, 2008
Professor Einstein wrote:
So many "words of wisdom"...."from so many idiots in the world". Then again, consider the locales they are coming from and there is no need to wonder why this is called a "depressed(ing)" area.
you're obviously too stupid to know that einstein left his first wife to marry...HIS COUSIN!(look it up, einstein).

from bethlehem, the xmas city!
Professor Einstein

Allentown, PA

#17 Nov 6, 2008
<quoted text>you're obviously too stupid to know that einstein left his first wife to marry...HIS COUSIN!(look it up, einstein).
Carbon County>>>home of the enstranged.
Professor Einstein

Allentown, PA

#18 Nov 6, 2008
<quoted text>you're obviously too stupid to know that einstein left his first wife to marry...HIS COUSIN!(look it up, einstein).
Mike Tyson gotta be yo daddi!
just me

Palmerton, PA

#19 Nov 7, 2008
<quoted text>
Carbon County>>>home of the enstranged.
enstranged? You're quite the Einstein.
just me

Palmerton, PA

#20 Nov 7, 2008
Just so you know the locals here are not all inbred hicks. Some of us do have an education and have all our teeth.
ScrewJack

Santa Ana, CA

#21 Nov 7, 2008
Kudos to Carbon County police.
I happy to see everyone was unharmed. Hopefully, this man will get the mental health he so badly needs.
Professor Einstein

Allentown, PA

#22 Nov 7, 2008
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know the locals here are not all inbred hicks. Some of us do have an education and have all our teeth.
Yes, I know. A few high school diplomas and a mouth full of rotton teeth...
just me

Palmerton, PA

#23 Nov 7, 2008
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. A few high school diplomas and a mouth full of rotton teeth...
No, not all of us are like that. Some of us do have all of our teeth and a college diploma. I'll admit that we're the minority but give me a small town any day to live in rather than the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coaldale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thorpe cyclist seriously injured 2 hr DownWithTheDope 4
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) 4 hr fly on the wall 7,738
ISIS's ties to Tamaqua?!?! May 24 Mohamed al TiredO... 7
Poll Who Will Be Carbon County's Next Commissioners (Nov '14) May 23 f the county 17
advice on who to vote for May 22 Scummit Hiller 77
who is the biggest sleeze&junkie in tamaqua May 22 idk 13
Panther Valley Education May 21 Mickey Angst 135
More from around the web

Coaldale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]