Niece and friend charged in Granite C...

Niece and friend charged in Granite City man's heroin death

There are 3 comments on the WQAD story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Niece and friend charged in Granite City man's heroin death. In it, WQAD reports that:

Madison County authorities have charged two people from Granite City in the death of a man who reportedly suffered a lethal heroin overdose before his body was dumped in Roxana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Terry Wright

Bentleigh East, Australia

#1 Feb 22, 2010
What do you expect? If we dish out barbaric, draconian, cruel and unethical punishment on drug addicts who are forced to buy heroin from criminals of unknown strength then they will resort to barbaric, unethical behaviour to avoid being caught. If the deceased was a willing participant and died accidently, then the person who was selected to buy the drugs will be charged with murder or similar. The police will make sure the other person will be charged with something also. What sort of crazy society sends people with a major health problem like addiction to jail because of an accident? Do you think they wanted to dump the body of their friend? When you're faced with such barbaric punishments like 20 years in prison, most of us will resort to irrational behaviour.
Drug use is a medical/social issue not an evil act against society that deserves punishment harsher than violent crime.

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Feb 23, 2010
thats true but u should never even put ur self in a position for that to happen i knew the girl from school she was honor roll and everything she could of made something of her self she chose drugs if any who sees this pls i dont want to see any more tragedys over drugs

Granite City, IL

#3 Jul 14, 2011
For whoever it was that asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kind of new to the area Nov 17 BennyJ 1
thank you NIU Nov 12 Dug 3
Anyone Nov 3 Fred 1
News Two men arrested for beating senior dog with bo... Oct 25 lightspeed 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Colleen Gillaspie as County A... (May '15) May '15 Monte 1
Election Who do you support for MemberBoard in Illinois ... (Nov '10) Aug '13 jdog 2
Coal Valley Pandas (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ronald Ristau 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coal Valley Mortgages