Haha

United States

#22 Jun 16, 2010
People getting jobs because of their last names is taking away from the school
CG Parent

Ashland, KY

#23 Jun 16, 2010
Sorry to tell you but when he came in our school was great now that he is here he has paved the road to hell, as far as the school board goes we only have two that have a back bone if you would like to know the names just ask and i will tell you who they are. if he is so great tell me why hes not accommodating our special needs children. and why it is that we the school employees that are wanting to work and he goes and hires contractors to do the jobs that the employees can do when the school district is supposed to be broke. you need to keep your comment to your self and let us handle it. you no longer live in the village
In the Know

Ashland, KY

#24 Jun 16, 2010
Well, it is a free country & my comments are from people that know what is going on. People in other areas (not local)were laughing and asking if anyone knew where DB was located because of the bogus ratings DB schools were getting several years ago and knew that something was very wrong because it was impossible to jump in total grade scores in one year like they (DB)were reporting. The person was to embarrassed to admit they knew people from DB schools. So the schools are so great are they? It's sad that someone who doesn't live in CG knows a little of what goes on than people who live there. You need to look at the whole picture, ask around (talk to good people that know the truth but are not out causing trouble) and you might be surprised at what you find. I asked my source what two school board members had backbone and they said no,not two, there are three and you could read the newspaper and get the answer to that.
Another Parent

United States

#25 Jun 16, 2010
To CG Parent~ The school system has been on it's way to hell for awhile now..even before DeCamp. There has been WAY too much politics being played in the district for MANY years and it is finally showing. I know all of the Board members and although deep down they mean well, even they have their own agendas. I agree 1000% that the district does not do enough for the special needs students. IF they are going to have teachers to teach these students then they need to know what they are doing. They need to quit sending these kids home or to other districts when it's not the kids but instead it's the lack of interest that the DB district takes. As for the hiring of contractors to do what the employees can do, then that sounds like it goes back to the agendas of the board members or to employess that want too much pay or to belly ache and moan..who knows?! All I do know is that the kids are going to be the ones suffering while the adults sit and fight it out! I don't know the exact reasons as to why Holme's is suing or why DeCamp does the things he does or even why the board members make some of the ridiculous rulings that they do but I do know that the negative effects will trickle down to our students and quite frankly it pisses me off! Why can't everyone just worry about the students and quit worrying about whether or not they get a window by their desk or if their name will get them higher in the ranks!
cardinal cleaners

Lebanon, KY

#26 Jun 16, 2010
that business didn't last very long!!!!! wounder why? probably because he ripped a lot of people off. the three board members that you say have so much back bone they have to have meetingS when the other two can't be there on was in the hospital when they held the meeting to give decamp an extended contract before his was up. yeah thats a lot of back bone. there is a new sheriff at portsmouth notre dame because barney had to leave. i guess they want it to be duty's out and the McKnights in. at least the Dutys didn't quit. after talking to other parents and voters would prefer to have the duty's and the Holmes in. McKnights cant get elected they just get jobs created for them that are over paid with our tax money.wow look at the way the city of ironton has turned out her brother-in-law is the mayor and the other is a trustee in the county sounds like they are trying to get the power. all i can say is go BETH!!!!!! I SURE HOPE THE DUTY'S RUN AGAIN OUR VILLAGE NEEDS THEM BACK.
In the Know

Ashland, KY

#27 Jun 16, 2010
My, my the "green-eyed monster's" has it's claws out too.
Ken

Ashland, KY

#28 Jun 17, 2010
nirvana wrote:
What is the story? Last I heard he had sued some of the board members of the school board.
I think that eric holmes and nivk miller should be fired from everything and ran out of town. they both li to everyone.
well

Ashland, KY

#29 Jun 17, 2010
To just wondering no it wasn't Mr. Holmes that taught me grammar it was your sister...
Ken

Ashland, KY

#30 Jun 17, 2010
KyleMcknight wrote:
I guess I have to get on here when we have the same old people crying that can handle their jobs. Look I never have hid behind the computer screen and never had to in public. All administrators in the county and Ohio know how good an educator my sister is so maybe you should call her and get some tips. 2nd I have no interest in coming to CG I'm very happy back with my true friends the McPeeks that are the best in the area. 3rd please grow some nuts and say it to my face, havent seen one of you cowards do it yet. Hey one other thing at least when I die I may not be rich but at least my backbone will still be strong and not held up by strings like yours!! lol come see me lol
Kyle' is it your sister that going in to do the teaching and all of that? i have heard that she is very good with the kids. Ken Lambert
KyleMcknight

Newburgh, IN

#31 Jun 17, 2010
yes it is Tomilynne, an all these teachers and supporters of the past need to go find jobs somewhere else. The district is moving forward and let the people that were elected and Decamp and whoever he hires do their jobs! I know they are for the kids and thats what it is all about, the others had their chance and they blew it.The students come first and that means before greed too! You guys can keep bashing me all you want you have tried to bash me and my family for years, were as strong as ever!!! my Dad and grandfather did alot for this county and village and alot of the same bashers benifited from the hirings and their generosity!! As for me I stepped down because the McPeeks are doing an incredible job at Fairview and again will challenge for a state championship and they ask me to be apart of it, we have been and still are very close friends thats why I went there. As for Notre Dame they were 4-46 the previous 5 years before I came and we went 20-19 with 1 playoff year and we also went to the playoffs before Coal Grove did and they hadnt been there in the last 14 years. So I feel like I turned the program around and their Athletic Department was in the hole went I got there and when I left were 30k in the black. So if I'm patting myself onthe back,I am because the program was turned around because of many hours of sacrifice and not whining and belly aching its called hard work and dedication. Again you can bash me on here but I know who you people are and your afraid of me you could never say it to my face like I do. Thats why like my Dad said, we can look ourselves in the mirror every morning and know we have helped someone or their family to the best of our ability and thats what Christ ask of each and every one of us. Keep being haters and your time will be limited, or be apart of the program and do something positve in your life and for someone else!!
snoopy

Ashland, KY

#32 Jun 17, 2010
To Kyle you are so full of your self. you talk so much crap that your blue eyes are starting to turn brown.
In the Know

Ashland, KY

#33 Jun 17, 2010
Another one of my CG friends just called me laughing and said you need to look at the topix. They said looks like someone (inside) the school district just tipped their hand. They knew a little bit too much more than a non-employee. Salaries, seat by a window, etc. and the funniest part they are attacking someone else to take the heat off.....well, who is this topix about? All my CG friends said the house cleaning was way overdue and could use some more if the school board is up to it. Looks like CGParent, Cardinal Cleaners, Well, Snoopy and Haha (hope Jolinda is not your aunt)some of you work for CG. Better turn over a new leaf and start working for and not against the kids. Shame on YOU!! My friends said they are ready to start naming names if you keep on bashing others. By the way,my friend said no one was fired they dropped the lawsuit,quit their job and it's time to quit defending the guilty. This is just hurting their families and that's not good. Got to go to work and I was taught not to bash my fellow employees. Time you try it.
KyleMcknight

Newburgh, IN

#34 Jun 17, 2010
hey snoopy or snoop doggy dog lol my name is Kyle whats yours coward!! didnt think so lol
KyleMcknight

Newburgh, IN

#35 Jun 17, 2010
Hey you are correct I am full of myself sometimes, just like my buddie Ryan Ainsworth said, there is some that can, and some that can't, I'm sorry that you can't. lol
mark

Ashland, KY

#36 Jun 17, 2010
TOMMI has always been good with kids. some of you need to grow up. Tommi will help are kids.
Wheres Kyle

Lebanon, KY

#37 Jun 18, 2010
Kyle is on the Mike Carey/Carey Tires thread in the Ironton Forum. Go check it out
haha

Ashland, KY

#38 Jun 21, 2010
Mark I think Tommi need's to help you. It should our kids Not are. we know your name is not Mark.
loveem

Richmond, KY

#39 Jun 21, 2010
hey Ryan Ainsworth is my cousin...rhino is awesome
whatmaytheoddsb

Ashland, KY

#40 Jun 22, 2010
It breaks my heart to see "THE GROVE" sooooo low !!!!
explain

United States

#41 Jun 22, 2010
CG Parent wrote:
I agree with you, but before we can make this school better we have to get rid of mr. decamp and then this school system will be a success. he is taking our school down and the school board is letting him.
give us an example of something DeCamp has done because I haven't seen anything negative from this man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McKown threads 20 min Kent at the Daily... 5
vote no LCEMS Levy 46 min papa 7
10:05 airplane 1 hr Mama Mia 4
Mike McKee and McKown 2 hr Just curious 3
Heather M (Aug '15) 2 hr Curious 26
Anthony Adams 3 hr Justcurious 8
vote no lcems levy 4 hr kin 3

Coal Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance