Coal Grove Football Team Sick

Posted in the Coal Grove Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parent

Ashland, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2011
Isn't this just wonderful. The Lucas Brain Trusts sent the players home with football equipment to clean possibly because of a case of meningitis.

Oh how smart is that? Let's spread it around the players families why don't we. How ignorant can you get? That stuff should have never left the school's premises and proper cleaning supplies provided and let them clean that equipment there, not within the homes.

Those two "coaches" and whatever school officials were involved with that decision should be fired!
wow

Richmond, KY

#2 Sep 7, 2011
Parent wrote:
Isn't this just wonderful. The Lucas Brain Trusts sent the players home with football equipment to clean possibly because of a case of meningitis.
Oh how smart is that? Let's spread it around the players families why don't we. How ignorant can you get? That stuff should have never left the school's premises and proper cleaning supplies provided and let them clean that equipment there, not within the homes.
Those two "coaches" and whatever school officials were involved with that decision should be fired!
I can't believe this well yeah i can omg my kid brought his home tonight with no reason it was already clean from where he never gets to play but,thats another story its not right they don't inform us i'm calling the school first thing int he morning i'm scared to death now i don't want my family sick or anyone eles family this should have been made known.
dude man

United States

#3 Sep 7, 2011
You mothers are so stupid, its their pads and equipment so it's their responsibility to clean it, it's always been this way
wow

Richmond, KY

#4 Sep 7, 2011
dude man wrote:
You mothers are so stupid, its their pads and equipment so it's their responsibility to clean it, it's always been this way
Well idiot its their responsibility to inform the parents of the menigitis case now isn't it how would we know?And they are cleaning down the school and everything so what makes you think the germ can't spread to the padds and equipment it can stupid so why spread this i feel for this poor child who is very ill right now i'm also prayin that my kids don't share the same fate as him or anyone eles family even yours.And when have they been faced witth this issue before?I'm sure we won't know until our kids come home sick it's not the kids or parents responsi.to clean off infected equipment wheres that wrote at?
i agree

Dublin, OH

#5 Sep 8, 2011
Isn't that what managers are for? Who's sick?
wow

Richmond, KY

#6 Sep 8, 2011
i agree wrote:
Thank you so much finally someone who cares too,its a boy on the team i won't give any names due to privacy and respect to them but he has menigitis, i'm really worried about what kind of illness this is, if it is spreading like wild fire through the team ,and wouldn't they have to notify the other teams from the schools we have played? And you can't tell me that theres not alot of contact in football i'm going to see what i can do on my end to find out.
Players mom

Norwich, OH

#7 Sep 8, 2011
Coach Lucas was AMAZING in this matter!!!! He did exactly as one should !!!! I for one uphold him 100%
not an expert but

New York, NY

#8 Sep 8, 2011
They should have used the messenger system to inform parents some players probably still haven't cleaned practice uniforms not all parents just those of the players
wow

Richmond, KY

#9 Sep 8, 2011
Players mom wrote:
Coach Lucas was AMAZING in this matter!!!! He did exactly as one should !!!! I for one uphold him 100%
Well sucky sucky aren't we no he didn't either how is not informing the parents right ? Oh i bet your either him or a relative okay when you get sick from this then will you be praising Lucus almighty?I think not ,or by the way your dumba$$ sounds you probably will 100%%%%%%% I mean get real idiot.
I care

United States

#10 Sep 8, 2011
Is it viral or bacterial? What about the other students at the school, not just the football players? Have they made any announcements to the students? My kids are in Junior High and I knew nothing of this til now.
cg resident

United States

#11 Sep 8, 2011
I heard today that it is virial and nobody knew until today Sp I say that they did a great job with what info they had.
wow

Richmond, KY

#12 Sep 8, 2011
cg resident wrote:
I heard today that it is virial and nobody knew until today Sp I say that they did a great job with what info they had.
Sorry to say but it was known a few days ago and the letter just came home today after the fact no matter i feel we should have been more informed,and the eqipment shouldn't have come home they should have been respon.for that not spreading it, but its all over now to late we know now don't we?I just hope they take a better route next time.
bigred

Ashland, KY

#13 Sep 8, 2011
to all cg football player if you get sick penisillin will cure it.
BG cop

Lebanon, KY

#14 Sep 9, 2011
bigred wrote:
to all cg football player if you get sick penisillin will cure it.
Penisillin??? Really? I would have to advise against taking anything labeled penisillin.
why not call

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2011
What happened to the automated calling system to let the families know of the outbreak immediately? How many high school kids take home notes?
bigred

Ashland, KY

#16 Sep 9, 2011
BG cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Penisillin??? Really? I would have to advise against taking anything labeled penisillin.
what the matter you didn't think that was funny?
army guy

Crooksville, OH

#17 Sep 9, 2011
BG cop wrote:
<quoted text>
be the only penis they have
CoalGrove

Lebanon, KY

#18 Sep 9, 2011
There was an automated call that went out last night from the school nurse. She explained that it is VIRAL meningitis and it spreads the same way the flu does. They also gave a list of symptoms and said if you experience any of these symptoms to seek medical attention. I don't know about any of the other parents but if you take your child to the doctor they offer a meningitis vaccine to keep them from getting it just like they do for measles, mumps, chickenpox etc. If the boys would take their practice uniforms home daily and get them washed and take their pads and helmets home weekly and spray them with lysol it would stop the spread of these viruses. Some of the practice pants and jerseys are nasty because some of the boys have never taken them home to wash. It's all about cleanliness on the part of the WHOLE team. Everyone needs to take some personal responsibility.
CoalGrove

Lebanon, KY

#19 Sep 9, 2011
why not call wrote:
What happened to the automated calling system to let the families know of the outbreak immediately? How many high school kids take home notes?
They did use the system last night, I got my call. They left a message on the answering machine. Do they have your current phone number on file? You might want to check if you're not getting any of the automated calls. They've had about 3 or 4 at least so far this year.
CoalGrove

Lebanon, KY

#20 Sep 9, 2011
i agree wrote:
So you want other people's kids to get sick? If the kids would wash their uniforms regularly and clean their own equipment weekly a lot of this could be avoided. Maybe a shower after games wouldn't hurt either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the Dominant 1% MC in Ohio? (Apr '11) 1 hr Sylvia 571
the media is responsable for the murders of cops 1 hr OSU student 19
weight loss tips? 1 hr weightwatchers 6
Murder 650 strip mines 2 hr oldman7 8
Woodland Cemetery road closed 3 hr Whats happened 4
Run Dara run 3 hr OSP 1
Old alleyways and large trees 13 hr Concerned Citizen 1

Coal Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance