Miners Football and Cheerleading

Posted in the Coal City Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Jan 25, 2010
my child has cheered over the last several years for the Miners Football and wow what drama we have seen in the past 3-5 years. Many board members and coaches have come and gone over these years and it was all drama. Personally my child and my husband all enjoyed the past cheer director/coach Kim C. She actually took an interest in the girls and wanted them to have fun and work hard on the cheers and stunts they did. I cannot believe that she was voted out and also told she cannot coach again. Kim has given to the organization alot over the past years and we believe the people of Coal City should stand up to the Board members and get her back in the organization. Kim was definitely an asset to the CC Miners. Does anyone know if she is coaching else where? My daughter would like to follow her. Please let me know if you know where she is going...
whereisshe

Channahon, IL

#2 Jan 25, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
my child has cheered over the last several years for the Miners Football and wow what drama we have seen in the past 3-5 years. Many board members and coaches have come and gone over these years and it was all drama. Personally my child and my husband all enjoyed the past cheer director/coach Kim C. She actually took an interest in the girls and wanted them to have fun and work hard on the cheers and stunts they did. I cannot believe that she was voted out and also told she cannot coach again. Kim has given to the organization alot over the past years and we believe the people of Coal City should stand up to the Board members and get her back in the organization. Kim was definitely an asset to the CC Miners. Does anyone know if she is coaching else where? My daughter would like to follow her. Please let me know if you know where she is going...
I agree 100% with you ! Our whole family enjoyed Kim . we are all sad and angry about the whole situation! I wish I knew who you are, so we can all work together and get our girls together with kim ,where ever she may be ..PLEASE post if you hear anything! we are up for car pool if that is what it takes!
then leave

Channahon, IL

#3 Jan 25, 2010
take your kids elsewhere then. See ya
take the lead

Channahon, IL

#4 Jan 25, 2010
Better yet get together and start your own youth tackle football league in town and you can have her run it. I am sure you will see the amount of work it takes.If your not happy then go to a meeting. Or take your kids elsewhere
Typical Coal City

Whitesburg, GA

#5 Jan 25, 2010
This is typical Coal City crap. Read the By-Laws of the Miners. http://coalcityminers.com/bylaws.htm They state basically that you cannot be on the board or coach if you do not have a child on the team. Well with the exception of Ryan V and Josh B! Yep that is the typical Coal City CRAP, the EXCEPTION to their OWN RULES! Try following your own rules Miners Board! Have the balls to get rid of ALL of your non compliance board members! http://coalcityminers.com/board.htm It is easy when you tell us to start our own team or go to another team when you do not even follow your own rules. I think I will come to the next meeting and request PROOF that you have done a background check on your board and coaches like your rules show. Or are you going to blow that off and get coaches like Coal City Soccer! Sex offenders, sign up for a coaching job on the Miners!
Ex-Miners Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jan 25, 2010
The post was never meant to be a negative thing. It was about concerned parents wanting to keep their kids with a coach/director who actually knows what she is doing and cares about the kids. Kim has done so much for the Miners and then they have the audacity to turn and shit right in her face. Every current board member should be ashamed of themselves for letting the situation with Kim even happen. Chris was so intimidated by the fact that she might actually get voted in as President he was pissing in his panties. So he got with his Posse and ambushed her outta there. What exactly did Kim do? NOT A DAMN THING! So Chris, what exactly does Mary do for you that you wanted her in the Director position so bad? Or is that just another one we don't want the wifey to find out about?
Crazy

Morris, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2010
I just wanted to let you all know, that if you havent figured it out all ready, Coal City is nothing but DRAMA, Ladies I hope you find who you are looking for, Your children will be better off elsewhere anyways.
JoshB

Morris, IL

#8 Jan 25, 2010
Hello Typical Coal City. This is Josh Brainard the Josh B. you refered to in your prior post. Obviously reading comprehension is a skill you lack and i will try to clear somethings up for you as I will copy and paste for you directly from the by laws ARTICLE THREE Organization Membership
MEMBERSHIP is DEFINED as and will be used in this document to describe and include parent(s), legal guardian(s), relative(s), football players, cheerleaders and COACHES.
Therefore by being a coach I am a member of the Miners.
I also am on the Board as the Athletic Director
once again I will pull from these by laws that you wanted everyone to read.
To serve on the Board of Directors, a member should have completed one previous season of membership. Which I have also done considering
the upcoming 2010 season will be the tenth season I have coached.
I dont want to bore everyone by posting all the rules that pretain to being a coach in the Miners organization (article 12 in the bylaws) but nowhere does it state you must be a parent.
Now to your next item the background check. Our background checks were preformed by The National Center for Safety Initiatives whom we were refered to by USA Football.( a national governing body for youth football)
I hope this cleared up any miss information that is out there
Josh Brainard
Athletic Director
Coal City Miners Youth Tackle Football Organization
Chris Crawford

Channahon, IL

#9 Jan 25, 2010
Thank you very much for showing your maturity level. I guess you need to read the rules of posting on here under libel and defamation of character. 1-You can be on the board as long as you are a member of the organization. Coaching makes you a member.2-We have done background checks on all the coaches.3-I was never nervous at all that Kim was going to beat me as President. That is actually very laughable.4-You need to ask Kim, or yourself, who got Mary to run. I think your comments are uncalled for and despicable. If you want to find out any information at the board meeting feel free to call me to be put on the agenda. But wait that would mean you would have to tell me your name rather than post defamatory comments on here anonymously.
woooooow

Channahon, IL

#10 Jan 25, 2010
Crazy wrote:
I just wanted to let you all know, that if you havent figured it out all ready, Coal City is nothing but DRAMA, Ladies I hope you find who you are looking for, Your children will be better off elsewhere anyways.
Yes they will be ! I feel bad for those kids!
Bill G

United States

#11 Jan 25, 2010
I am soooooooooooo glad I am done with the super parents that have all the ideas and and none of the commitment to actually help. Keep it up Chris and Josh, the same parents that dont help here, dont help in High School sports and you will be volunteering there as well while the same parents cry and do nothing but complain. OH and VOTE YES!
Big Bertha

South Holland, IL

#12 Jan 25, 2010
Please take it to Dr.Phil or Oprah Thank You.
IKNOW

Bloomingdale, IL

#13 Jan 26, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
I have a good idea where she is going!
amazed-and-disgu sted

Bloomingdale, IL

#14 Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Miners Mom wrote:
The post was never meant to be a negative thing. It was about concerned parents wanting to keep their kids with a coach/director who actually knows what she is doing and cares about the kids. Kim has done so much for the Miners and then they have the audacity to turn and shit right in her face. Every current board member should be ashamed of themselves for letting the situation with Kim even happen. Chris was so intimidated by the fact that she might actually get voted in as President he was pissing in his panties. So he got with his Posse and ambushed her outta there. What exactly did Kim do? NOT A DAMN THING! So Chris, what exactly does Mary do for you that you wanted her in the Director position so bad? Or is that just another one we don't want the wifey to find out about?
First of all, thank goodness you are an "Ex-Miners Mom", sounds like you carry alot of BAGGAGE/DRAMA! You should be ashamed of yourself dragging personal issues and individual names into public arenas; however, you come off well versed at it. You are a parent, why not act like one - they are learning from your example.
Ex-Miners Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Jan 26, 2010
amazed-and-disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, thank goodness you are an "Ex-Miners Mom", sounds like you carry alot of BAGGAGE/DRAMA! You should be ashamed of yourself dragging personal issues and individual names into public arenas; however, you come off well versed at it. You are a parent, why not act like one - they are learning from your example.
I am sorry you feel that way. I love my children and that is why I pulled them from the Miners. I did not want my children playing in a sport where alcohol and tobacco is used by the board members at the games. By the way, since you know where Kim is going, why don't you share it with the rest of us. There are parents on here who would like to know. I am in no way ashamed of myself, the only ones who should be ashamed is the board for kicking Kim off without reason.
GRAMOF2

Channahon, IL

#16 Jan 26, 2010
amazed-and-disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree thank goodness! That is a smart parent :)!
Kim

Morris, IL

#17 Jan 26, 2010
If you know where I am going, PLEASE let me know!!!
IKNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a good idea where she is going!
Satan

South Holland, IL

#18 Jan 26, 2010
Kim wrote:
If you know where I am going, PLEASE let me know!!!
<quoted text>
You can always come to me.
Concerned Parent

Schaumburg, IL

#20 Jan 27, 2010
Cornholio n his butt plug wrote:
The entire organization has had a black eye from the days of crazy Dawn and Stacy to today's debacles. Trouble is that Chris has let all this go to his head, for pete's sake he thinks he's Lovie sometimes. I can't believe all the running around he does in the D Construction truck doing personal business, wait 'til Kenny and Todd see him out and about. He'll drive it half in the bag too which is not good for the insurance premiums. For sure he should be kissing someone's behind that he even has a job there, he's not he best worker. Most all of the drama is surrounding the Board and always did. Chris never wanted to investigate the loss of monies from when Bill & Cindy held the cash box number one for hear what he would find but number two so that he could keep the sticky fingers going to benefit himself.
And now he wants to have his fingers in the park district accounts. That's not good.
Wow this is very interesting. I cannot believe that someone would have let this go. There are also rumors that the Coal City Crush Arena Football is run through the Miners too. Why would someone take such a great organization and run it into the ground I bet the founding members would be sooooo proud...Yeah, not only do they let our children see the alcohol and tobacco use, but heard last year he used the organization as a reason for an affair, I feel so sorry for his wife, poor woman. He is in on the park district idea too. Oh my, what is next. Maybe he should head up the soccer league too...... I also heard thru the grapevine that Kim gave a large personal donation to the Miners and no one ever heard of this fact, Oh but we heard about D Constuction, Dibble and the others who donated but not the little person. Wonder why that is?
My post was to compliment Kim and let her know we want to know where she is going so we can go too, not to start a big gossip column or a bunch of drama ...you should all be ashamed of yourselves...this woman has given alot to the organization and what does everyone do but crap on her...Well my husband and daughter love her and thinks she would be a great asset to any organization. Thank you Kim for all you have done for the Miners from Coaching and fundraising to putting up with everyones bull...
little1

Channahon, IL

#21 Jan 27, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Wow this is very interesting. I cannot believe that someone would have let this go. There are also rumors that the Coal City Crush Arena Football is run through the Miners too. Why would someone take such a great organization and run it into the ground I bet the founding members would be sooooo proud...Yeah, not only do they let our children see the alcohol and tobacco use, but heard last year he used the organization as a reason for an affair, I feel so sorry for his wife, poor woman. He is in on the park district idea too. Oh my, what is next. Maybe he should head up the soccer league too...... I also heard thru the grapevine that Kim gave a large personal donation to the Miners and no one ever heard of this fact, Oh but we heard about D Constuction, Dibble and the others who donated but not the little person. Wonder why that is?
My post was to compliment Kim and let her know we want to know where she is going so we can go too, not to start a big gossip column or a bunch of drama ...you should all be ashamed of yourselves...this woman has given alot to the organization and what does everyone do but crap on her...Well my husband and daughter love her and thinks she would be a great asset to any organization. Thank you Kim for all you have done for the Miners from Coaching and fundraising to putting up with everyones bull...
yes , kim is a wonderful thoughtful person ! funny how we did not hear about her donation ...she also paid for shoes and socks for people who could not afford them along with other things! I agree she was and will be a great asset to any organization .... Thank You KIM for your time and heart !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob is definitely back. 12 min F off 12
Surprise 27 min Nick 4
foia 2 hr Taxman 1
Does Braidwood really have a "City Administrator?" 3 hr Bob 19
News Coal City schools settle with custodial supply ... (Nov '14) 9 hr Cc mom 63
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot 10 hr Coal city TAX Payer 7
New people in town Wed Shlongdaddylongstuff 20

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coal City Mortgages