Diamond set to turn on water plant

There are 6 comments on the Free Press story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Diamond set to turn on water plant. In it, Free Press reports that:

Diamond Mayor Terry Kernc announced earlier this month that the village's new water treatment plant was nearing completion and would go on-line in early March.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

barb

Elgin, IL

#1 Mar 7, 2012
WE ARE CHARGED FOR 5,000 GALLONS OF WATER EVERY MONTH, WHETHER WE USE IT OR NOT. LAST TIME WE WENT OVER BY 1,000 GALLONS, OUR BILL DOUBLED.
WHY ARE WE NOT GIVEN SOME TYPE OF CREDIT WHEN WE USE ONLY 3,000 GALLONS IN A MONTH?????
HOW CAN WE BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING WE DON'T USE?
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?
Rocky

United States

#2 Mar 8, 2012
barb wrote:
WE ARE CHARGED FOR 5,000 GALLONS OF WATER EVERY MONTH, WHETHER WE USE IT OR NOT. LAST TIME WE WENT OVER BY 1,000 GALLONS, OUR BILL DOUBLED.
WHY ARE WE NOT GIVEN SOME TYPE OF CREDIT WHEN WE USE ONLY 3,000 GALLONS IN A MONTH?????
HOW CAN WE BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING WE DON'T USE?
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?
Simple ... Mayor Kernc
waterman

Bensenville, IL

#3 Aug 3, 2012
every municipality does it this way. you pay a minimum. same as nicor, com-ed, etc. coal city, braceville, carbon hill, wilmington all the same. diamond's water is the best in grundy county with the RO system running. Trust me. Better than morris, wilmo, 100 times better than braceville or godley. it's very clean. I know the joliet water guy well. Joliet tests for 30 different wells. I think tests are done every 3 weeks
Meatstick

United States

#4 Aug 3, 2012
Just wait unti Kernc raises your taxes. This new water plant is going to be costly. Someone has to pay for it.
Waterboy

Prospect Heights, IL

#5 Aug 3, 2012
Diamond no longer has an RO system. No we can not trust you.
Waterslong

United States

#6 Aug 3, 2012
Trust who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Godley Park District going downhill... FAST! 5 hr truth 49
Tessler what a joke 6 hr Ouch 2
Green light in the sky? (Dec '08) 7 hr Unknown 202
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest 23 hr judge judy 5
Berkots...cut the crap! (Feb '10) Mon Jolene Gero 100
Coalers Varsity Baseball May 24 Whatwasthat 104
ann marie May 23 joe 1
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE