Coal City Library Celebration Begins

Posted in the Coal City Forum

Ann

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2012
Have you ever been to either the Braidwood or Morris Libraries? Wonderful libraries with very helpful staff. What do you see when you look around? Maybe 3-4 employees?
Great hours. If they do not have the book in-house they can get it for you. What do we have at CCPLD, 15-18 employees working, especially during the day when the children at in school and most people are working. Both Braidwood and Morris have hours open to the public and coincide when children are out of school and adults are home from work. They are open on Sundays, when CCPLD is closed. Snowing outside, CCPLD closes, although the Braidwood and Morris Libraries remain open. CCPLD benefits from
the insane tax dollars received from Dresdan Nuclear Plant. Neither Braidwood nor Morris has a tax source like CCPLD. Yet every year the CCPLD will vote to max out the amount they can tax the homeowners. The school district and fire district both declined to increase there tax rates during these horrible economic times. With hesitation CCPLD board of trustees have voted to increase the tax rate to the max possible. Does that bother anyone? How is your wallet looking? Now you want us to celebrate 20 years of doing the tax payers wrong. This CCPLD president and board are a joke. How much waste has been identified over the years? How many new roofs? Etc etc etc. How about cancel the celebration, cut your employee staff in half, and quit abusing the tax payers year after year! How much money do you expect to get CCPLD with the new contract with Dresdan. Shame on you for your greed, and your blatant waste of tax dollars.
Capt Morgan

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2012
Close it down. I am sick of that library. Celebrating on my tax dollar. B.S.
Seaman Rum

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Aye, clos'er down.
Mike

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2012
What is the library closed today? Today is not a holiday.
taxpayer

Carleton, MI

#5 Apr 6, 2012
12-14 new SUVs in employee parking lot every weekday morning. Wish I could afford one. Wish I could afford health insurance.
Rich

Wilmington, IL

#6 Apr 6, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
12-14 new SUVs in employee parking lot every weekday morning. Wish I could afford one. Wish I could afford health insurance.
Why don't you put your Busch Light down and get a good job that has health insurance? Lots of us here in Coal City drive SUVs. Can't have nice things if you sit at the bars all day. If you want nice stuff you have to work for it.
taxpayer

Carleton, MI

#7 Apr 6, 2012
Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you put your Busch Light down and get a good job that has health insurance? Lots of us here in Coal City drive SUVs. Can't have nice things if you sit at the bars all day. If you want nice stuff you have to work for it.
No beers, jackwad. Just a taxpayer footing the bill for this boondoggle. Sorry...
Tea Party Member

United States

#8 Apr 7, 2012
A day off with pay at that! Stick your celebration where the sun does not shine.
Dale

United States

#9 Apr 8, 2012
I did not get what you said about the roofs? What was that all about?
Ann

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2012
My husband said that library has had 3 roofs in the last 20 years. Something like a half million dollars sent because someone was incomptent. So much waste of our tax dollars.
Ken

United States

#11 Apr 8, 2012
To show my contempt for CCPLD I went in the mens bathroom and took a big dump. I did not flush.
That is what I think about the library.
Myer

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2012
You should have taken your dump on the table of the board members!
Frank

United States

#13 Apr 11, 2012
How does one go about closing a library district? Can it be done? Does anyone know how? I am so sick of CCPLD!
Mary

United States

#14 Apr 13, 2012
Close it down. I agree.
Close It Down

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2012
To the board president after countless years of nepotism, abuse of tax dollars, hundreds of thousands of dollars in wasted tax dollars and a number of former board members you chased away because of your sad leadership skills I say do the tax payers a favor and just leave. We cannot afford your style of leadership. Now that is a challenge. You think you are doing such a good job, when so many think you are an idiot! If there was a vote today to keep the library open, 75% would say close it down. What you have done is blantant abuse of leadership and mismanagement of tax dollars. Simply stated, "Go to hell"!

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Braidwood

#16 Apr 19, 2012
Coal City Library is superb in comparison to the surrounding communities. I've been there many different times over the last month to see for myself. Go to Braidwood, or Wilmington or even Morris sometime. Neither of these two libraries are as busy as Coal City. There is a constant flow of patrons going in and out. The people who work there are very friendly and it has a very comfortable, small town feeling. Rare these days.

The mismanagement of the money is another issue altogether. It is immoral to squander tax dollars. This money that is too often wasted on bad decisions and poor management, comes from people who are struggling to raise a family and keep a home in a very challenging and difficult societal class. The majority of these before mentioned tax dollars come from the middle class. If somebody, is using it unwisely, or illegally, that person should be at the very least removed from their position as a government employee. And maybe even spend some time in a federal penitentiary.

It's time to take back control of our tax dollars.
Daniel

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2012
CCPLD President, I think he was talking about you!
I wonder why none of the former trustees were invited? Maybe they get sick just being around you and that phony board of trustees.
CCPLD Trustee

United States

#18 Apr 21, 2012
It does not surprize me that former trustees were not invited. They know the truth about this board president and many of the trustees. The boards philosophy is since no one comes to the monthly board meetings or special meetings the public does not care. Thus, we do the crazy things we do. Yes, hundreds of thousands of tax dollars have been wasted over the years. Just speak to any of the former trustees. Then you wonder why they were not invited. Besides the disdain many have especially for this president.
You Got To Be Kidding

United States

#19 Apr 25, 2012
Quoting CCPLD Board President, "The libary board also wants to be good stewards of the taxpayers money". Are you joking. What an idiot. Does she think we are stupid? You have crapped on the taxpayers for how long? Max'ing out the tax rate every year, new roofs (multiple), new fire sprinker systems (multiple) and on and on. You moron, please do not patronize us taxpayers! By the way, I thought you purchased that home to generate rental income - monies. I guess that did not go well. More waste of the tax dollars. You are the biggest clown in town. The quote from Franciskovich was also good. "We want to be good neighbors". Every time you open your mouth a big wad of stupid falls out. Give us taxpayers a break. Close CCPLD down. I cannot afford it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
missing thread 3 hr test 24
Police pension ???? How should I vote??? 8 hr Betty 24
Any good officers in Braidwood? 9 hr Braidwood 8
Drug arrests made in Braidwood, Wilmington (Nov '13) Sat illinois 55
Day-care worker found guilty of abusing baby (Jun '11) Sat ex-offender 30
Fight at snooker's (Jul '13) Sat Wtf 21
Wilmington township road commisioner destroying... Oct 17 Alum 15
Coal City Dating
Find my Match

Coal City Jobs