Coal City maintenance supervisor inju...

Coal City maintenance supervisor injured in DUI crash

There are 106 comments on the Free Press story from Oct 7, 2012, titled Coal City maintenance supervisor injured in DUI crash. In it, Free Press reports that:

On Saturday, Oct. 6 at approximately 7:26 p.m., the Coal City Police Department, along with Coal City Fire Protection District and Gardner Emergency Medical Services responded to a personal injury accident at the intersection of South Broadway and Oak Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

Downers Grove, IL

#109 Oct 23, 2012
he isnt gonna be hit hard you will all see
nope

Des Plaines, IL

#110 Oct 23, 2012
There is no god!
Raven

United States

#111 Oct 24, 2012
Lol its a election year. They will stick it to him harder and faster then the black guy in jail he will be married too. And if for some reason they don't he will be sued for so much that family will never have anything again. Might as well take down that white picked fence in the yard.
Goose Island Beer Co

Joliet, IL

#114 Oct 24, 2012
goose island beer company can use him as their spokesperson for 312 beer
Spivey Regular

Joliet, IL

#116 Oct 24, 2012
Raven wrote:
Lol its a election year. They will stick it to him harder and faster then the black guy in jail he will be married too. And if for some reason they don't he will be sued for so much that family will never have anything again. Might as well take down that white picked fence in the yard.
Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? It's not like the guy died. Tom is a good guy. He doesn't deseave this.
stupid

United States

#117 Oct 24, 2012
Spivey Regular wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? It's not like the guy died. Tom is a good guy. He doesn't deseave this.
Its not a big deal the guy lost his leg and changed his life forever. Tom is a douchebag for drinking that much and driving. And he better be thanking god that guy didn't die or he would be someone's Bitch even longer.
WHAT

United States

#118 Oct 24, 2012
Spivey Regular wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't suprised me coming from the trash that hangs out at spiveys.
Beer is Good

Joliet, IL

#120 Oct 24, 2012
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text> This doesn't suprised me coming from the trash that hangs out at spiveys.
No white trash at spiveys. We are all upper crust. We can do what we want in this town.This is our town. Tom won't go to jail. Maybe,a small fine and suspended license. Maybe!!! Might not even be that.
lmao

United States

#121 Oct 24, 2012
Beer is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
No white trash at spiveys. We are all upper crust. We can do what we want in this town.This is our town. Tom won't go to jail. Maybe,a small fine and suspended license. Maybe!!! Might not even be that.
I hate to burst ur little bubble but ur white trash. That just think ur somebody.
JustSaying

Joliet, IL

#123 Oct 24, 2012
I would imagine about 80% of the reading audience has got behind the wheel of a car after having a few and if pulled over would have gotten a DUI.
If you deny, you lie.

The sad part of this is the families involved. Both sides have some pain and healing to go through. I am praying for both families. You joksters need to look within and chill on the bashing. Enough already.
Becky

Glendale Heights, IL

#125 Oct 24, 2012
Beer is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
the new crowd.sucks.we need them out of spives .they come in but there not welcome.its gonna get real ugly there.Diane better get the click from djs out quick.before some get seriously hurt.wifes included.your not wanted here.get out.
Downers Grove, IL

#126 Oct 24, 2012
your all a bunch of retarded drunks karma sucks and its coming......
Coal City Swinger

Wilmington, IL

#127 Oct 24, 2012
JustSaying wrote:
I would imagine about 80% of the reading audience has got behind the wheel of a car after having a few and if pulled over would have gotten a DUI.
If you deny, you lie.

The sad part of this is the families involved. Both sides have some pain and healing to go through. I am praying for both families. You joksters need to look within and chill on the bashing. Enough already.
According to your statistics, 20% who denied drinking and driving would not be lying.
JustSaying

Joliet, IL

#129 Oct 25, 2012
Coal City Swinger wrote:
<quoted text>According to your statistics, 20% who denied drinking and driving would not be lying.
Very good.
secret id

Chicago, IL

#131 Oct 26, 2012
blow wrote:
10/29/12 9:30AM in front of Judge Peterson - Brown will make first appearance with his attorney.
Be there!

Be there for what? It was an accident. I havent seen anymore charges put on Tom, but a DUI. With that said, dont you think that maybe something is being covered up with the city workers? Where they maybe drunk also? Where the lights not working on the trailer? Dont you think its funny, with a city worker being hurt that bad, there isnt an attempted murder charge?$300 for bail is pretty damn cheap also for what took place. I think there is more to this, that they dont want the public to know about. Tom is a good guy, and the only one that is going to be hurt in this is the family's. We all make mistakes.
Yes, we all make mistakes. Those who make the mistake that can alter others' lives is unacceptable. Drinking and driving is 100% preventable and the driver of a vehicle is 100% responsible. If there were two drunk men standing on the corner and they were hit by a vehicle -if the driver of the vehicle had an ounce of alcohol in his blood- it would be 100% the drivers fault. No one, and I am including the "nicest person in the world" and the "person who would never do that intentionally" has the right to endanger my family. The law is the law; now I only pray it's upheld.
secret id2

Chicago, IL

#132 Oct 26, 2012
blow wrote:
10/29/12 9:30AM in front of Judge Peterson - Brown will make first appearance with his attorney.
Be there!

Be there for what? It was an accident. I havent seen anymore charges put on Tom, but a DUI. With that said, dont you think that maybe something is being covered up with the city workers? Where they maybe drunk also? Where the lights not working on the trailer? Dont you think its funny, with a city worker being hurt that bad, there isnt an attempted murder charge?$300 for bail is pretty damn cheap also for what took place. I think there is more to this, that they dont want the public to know about. Tom is a good guy, and the only one that is going to be hurt in this is the family's. We all make mistakes.
Also, according to the law, a DUI is given when no one is injured. A DUI effects the owner/operator of the vehicle. If someone is injured, it's another story. Had that person died, involuntary manslaughter. Possibly manslaughter (because he knowingly drank the alcohol and put the key in be ignition). The lesser charges that could be brought up may be attempted manslaughter. Bottom line...DON'T DRINK and DRIVE
Kmm

Downers Grove, IL

#133 Oct 28, 2012
He's being charged with agrivated DUI, which is a class 4 felony. The chrages were uped because of the significant injuries to the men he hit.
Kevin

Chicago, IL

#135 Oct 30, 2012
I hope the city works going to recover. And to the driver all I can say is don't drop the soap.
Kelly

Braidwood, IL

#136 Oct 30, 2012
Darrell is my step dad, and all you people saying te guy who hit him, that it isn't his fault are a bunch of idiots. Darrell and the crew were doing their work, while this dumbass decided to drive while under the influence. You made the guy get his damn leg amputated and he's still in the hospital to this damn day!
Dr Phil

Downers Grove, IL

#137 Oct 30, 2012
OK Kelly, at this point we all know he's you stepdad since you've blogged damn near everywhere of that fact.
Anyone with half a brain knows it was not the fault of any of the workers and honestly you don't need to argue that point. I think it's quite clear who was at fault...now it's just the waiting game to watch and see how the State's Attorney's office handles the case and how the Judge dishes out the sentence in the end.
The real concern is how the injured persons are doing and how fast they can get some normalcy in life. You continuing to blog the argument is getting ridiculous in the meantime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We need a new law 1 hr Ghkuyg654 6
omnicon restoration (Jan '12) 11 hr S Sommers 10
Coal City Baseball 12 hr rocket 37
Thoughts on KFC/taco bell in diamond? Fri ColonelSanders 2
Jonseys May 18 Michelle 11
Trouble in paradise? May 18 Great escape 1
Dunkin donuts May 17 Whistleblower 20

Coal City Jobs

Personal Finance

Coal City Mortgages