Coal City maintenance supervisor inju...

Coal City maintenance supervisor injured in DUI crash

There are 106 comments on the Free Press story from Oct 7, 2012, titled Coal City maintenance supervisor injured in DUI crash. In it, Free Press reports that:

On Saturday, Oct. 6 at approximately 7:26 p.m., the Coal City Police Department, along with Coal City Fire Protection District and Gardner Emergency Medical Services responded to a personal injury accident at the intersection of South Broadway and Oak Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
wow

Downers Grove, IL

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Very serious accident - thoughts and prayers to the injured !
Parent DARE

Braidwood, IL

#2 Oct 9, 2012
Agreed. Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in this horrible occurance. From what I witnessed this accident could have happened to many people parying at the celebration. My prayer will be for all involved to stop looking for BLAME and begin to forgive and understand. It could have been anyone on either side. God Bless
Willy

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2012
I hope they lock him up. And also go after the bar and bartender
JenniDDD

Joliet, IL

#5 Oct 9, 2012
Parent DARE wrote:
Agreed. Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in this horrible occurance. From what I witnessed this accident could have happened to many people parying at the celebration. My prayer will be for all involved to stop looking for BLAME and begin to forgive and understand. It could have been anyone on either side. God Bless
"stop looking for blame"? Forgive and understand? Are you kidding me. He almost killed a man, and permanently disabled him for life. I guess in your world that is no big deal. In my world it is a very big deal. You must be a looser just him like. He should do jail time. For a long time and he should loose everything he owns!!!!!! It could not be "anyone on any side" it could have me who was hit, but not me driving drunk. I'm not that stupid!!!! People need to stand up, admit their mistakes, and face the punishment. Not go running around yelling and blaming others like his wife has. He altered another's persons life forever through his own bad judgement. Don't you think he should pay for that?
the law

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2012
To bad they outlawed public hangings
lmao

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Parent DARE wrote:
You are an idiot. Nobody is looking to blame we all know what moron is to blame. I hope they lock his dumbass up

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Blame????? I had to read that twice! It's not about blame, it's about consequences. Of course someone is to blame and it isn't rocket science, it's easy to figure out. It's pretty cut and dried.
broken heart

Coal City, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2012
This is my first and last post ever, please remember when something tragic happens in someones family know that one way or another they know what is being posted on the internet. Comming from recent personal experience the comments, and rude remarks are very, very, very hurtful for the victoms, and for all families involved. This is not going to solve anything. This is just gossip hurting both families, and other familes that have had recent tragidies in their lives. Please move on and stop breaking peoples hearts please. I'm hurting deeply over what I just endured this past month because of the posts that were being made and reading this is just heart breaking. For eveyone involved in this horrible accident my heart goes out to you, GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
MrCampbell

Joliet, IL

#11 Oct 9, 2012
JenniDDD wrote:
<quoted text>
"stop looking for blame"? Forgive and understand? Are you kidding me. He almost killed a man, and permanently disabled him for life. I guess in your world that is no big deal. In my world it is a very big deal. You must be a looser just him like. He should do jail time. For a long time and he should loose everything he owns!!!!!! It could not be "anyone on any side" could have me who was hit, but not me driving
drunk. I'm not that stupid!!!! People need to sta up, admit their mistakes, and face thpunishment. Not go running around yelling and blaming
otherslike his wife has. He altered
another'persons life forever through his own
badjudgement. Don't you think he should pay
forthat?
Think before you post
something about others. My elderly great-aunt was
injured many years ago by a man charged with aDUI. I will elaborate no more. Please have
some compassion for all who have been effected
by this.
Terry

Joliet, IL

#12 Oct 9, 2012
For decades alcoholics have sat and drank all day and all night in the bars on main street in Coal City. Most of the bars within a few blocks of the Police Station. Generations of drunks have climbed or stumbled or crawled into their cars or trucks and driven home. Many times they caused terrible, tragic things just like what happened on October 6th, 2012. If the Coal City police would sit and watch these bars they could write DUI's every day and night. But they don't. This makes the drunks feel that they can continue to do drive drunk without getting busted for DUI. Why is it that way? I don't know. If they did write a DUI or three every day maybe things would change. Being an alcoholic is part of Coal City and it's culture. It gets passed from generation to generation. In Coal City it's socially acceptable to be a drunk.
me

Wilmington, IL

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Happy Dad wrote:
Blame????? I had to read that twice! It's not about blame, it's about consequences. Of course someone is to blame and it isn't rocket science, it's easy to figure out. It's pretty cut and dried.
Wow happy dad, you've come a long way since the last post. Putting blame where blame is due
town

Joliet, IL

#14 Oct 9, 2012
this town is shitty cops will never do anything because they are all part of one big click in grundy..to help vote all current people out of their positions its easy..maybe start with voting out the mayor who actually hires the police... maybe make them do their jobs or get some that will......

Location hidden

#15 Oct 10, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow happy dad, you've come a long way since the last post. Putting blame where blame is due
Well my friend I never argued blame. And in that case the person in question had already paid the consequences for his actions so the outcome had already been decided. My comment on this thread, however, was for "Parent DARE". They said, "stop looking for blame". I merely pointed out that looking for blame has nothing to do with it. If you kill someone or hurt someone while driving under the influence, you will pay the consequences. Cut and dried.

That being said, my heart goes out everybody involved. The driver unfortunately made a choice that will change his and his families life forever. So sad. And he ran up a debt that he can't ever pay.

How much is a man's legs worth? And this other man is just a victim, he's paying for someone else's mistake.

It's not about "putting blame" on anybody. Blame is already decided. But in this case the consequences haven't been decided.
no kidding too

Geneva, IL

#16 Oct 10, 2012
This is response to Terry and you hit the nail on the head. Hardly anyone in this town can have a good time unless there is a beer in one hand,their kids learn that early on. Whats pathetic is the tradition when your kid turns 21 you meet your parents at babes for drinks(not for sure if still free and the kids dont even want parents there-the parents feel like its their right)the kids get sloppy drunk and the parents leave hoping their kid gets home safe. What kind of parenting is that anyways or even the logic in that? Heck the kid probably has already had drinks with their parents way before that. If there is dd then thats great-way it should be. Otherwise its so pathetic. There should be no pointing fingers here,someone chose to drink and drive and now has to suffer consequences,its a shame at anothers expense. God Bless the maint. man and his family may he be strong throughout this ordeal,he has a long road of recovery ahead of him and will need the cc support.
local

Glendale Heights, IL

#17 Oct 10, 2012
We left djs for this.not safe downtown bars.to may drug users.we screwed up.is it to late.
Concerned

United States

#18 Oct 10, 2012
This is on Diane spivey siebersma. She is responsible to stop serving patrons when they are intoxicated. Obviuosly she will be sued in dram shop. The review process of her liquor licence indeed has already been initiated. She will be held accountable and fined for her unexcusable business practices. Her father would be ashamed of her and the behaviour & fowl language she spews. Poor Dennis!

Location hidden

#19 Oct 10, 2012
no kidding too wrote:
This is response to Terry and you hit the nail on the head. Hardly anyone in this town can have a good time unless there is a beer in one hand,their kids learn that early on. Whats pathetic is the tradition when your kid turns 21 you meet your parents at babes for drinks(not for sure if still free and the kids dont even want parents there-the parents feel like its their right)the kids get sloppy drunk and the parents leave hoping their kid gets home safe. What kind of parenting is that anyways or even the logic in that? Heck the kid probably has already had drinks with their parents way before that. If there is dd then thats great-way it should be. Otherwise its so pathetic. There should be no pointing fingers here,someone chose to drink and drive and now has to suffer consequences,its a shame at anothers expense. God Bless the maint. man and his family may he be strong throughout this ordeal,he has a long road of recovery ahead of him and will need the cc support.
I agree with most of what you say about the overindulgence, but do you really think there should be no finger pointing? I hate to point out the obvious, but a man was nearly killed and will be disabled for the rest of his life. Drinking and driving is like playing russian roulette only point the gun at other people and pulling the trigger. This, could have been a manslaughter charge. I think that the community should be outraged. Sad to say but there needs to be an example made here. If this goes by without severe consequences, others will feel justified to be just as reckless. I think what you're saying is people who drink recklessly have no right to point fingers. Fine, I'll go with that, but there are plenty of us who haven't been this foolish as to put not only our own lives and health but the life and health of other's in jeopardy. It needs to be discussed publicly and condemned. It is a crying shame that this happened when it could have been avoided.
ccc

United States

#21 Oct 10, 2012
local wrote:
We left djs for this.not safe downtown bars.to may drug users.we screwed up.is it to late.
You really need to quit talking....are you 3 years old or just illiterate?!?!
no kidding too

Geneva, IL

#22 Oct 10, 2012
To Happy Dad: When I said finger pointing you took wrong way. Ive been reading different sites and everyone is pointing fingers in every directions but the one who did the crime. My whole sentence was,"There should be no finger pointing here,someone chose to drink and drive and now has to suffer consequences" but the other sites ive been reading are crazy and blaming everyone they could think of but who actually did it. I should of clarified better-thanks
local

Glendale Heights, IL

#26 Oct 10, 2012
Djs was one thousand percent a better.
But we all fucked up listening go people like you.the bar tender there was nice.he just did not tolerate the bullshit .i give them credit at Djs for not putting up with beckys bullshit
.she starts shit everywhere she goes.enough is enough.all should join me
Im going back to Djs.where we all belong
Its safe there
If you all agree .b there.enough all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faye Smith is a Fool. Wed Joe 1
Toad Face Grygiel Wed Dan 4
Gas in Coal City Jul 26 Gasser 11
Pathetic Jul 25 Tonto 19
Snookers Jul 25 Apple 5
Isadora's Jul 23 Susan 41
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Jul 23 Sara 244

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance