Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,248

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#38224 Mar 21, 2013
jojo666 wrote:
wow good thing this country has nothing more to worry about than this!!!
Equality is always a top priority.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#38225 Mar 21, 2013
jojo666 wrote:
wow good thing this country has nothing more to worry about than this!!!
I would hope that the idiots who run our country have some ability to multi-task.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#38226 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife while friendship is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard
see it is possible in one sentence
smile
Marriage is the social institution under which two consenting adults establish their decision to live as spouses.

See, I've made it even better.

As for friendships, you apparently have sex with your friends but the vast majority of us do not.

Always willing to help, Kuntmary.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

#38227 Mar 21, 2013
i don't think i would choose the word institution, & i also don't think i would use the word under.

but furthermore, your black & white definition of two words is dry & pale compared to definition gathered from an existance of relationship.

i mean duh,
anybody can write two definitions with a comma seperating the two lines.

truth be told, your definitions can be held as negligence since the amount of detail is shallow.

when words cannot express the full emotional value entailed in the resolution of the definitive situation, life would & should seem dull or lite.

because the definition of institution itself shows the possible shallow opportunity that breaches into life to trim or hold weight dragging emotions down.
..this is the definition i enjoyed,
'a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture.'

simply because the wording says 'well-established'.. you miss the point of the word 'structured'
it has an S .. to further prove a point of problem, the next word is 'pattern'
it has a P

we all know structured patterns are something like gears, and we all know gears have teeth, so why is it difficult to realize those gears are locked into a 'pre-set'
because no floating is generally acceptable when using presets.

we see the words 'well established' and we think 'oh there is a long list of room to move about'
but the next two words..
the S is a maze
the P is Yahoo! for sticking the tongue out
yes, seriously, it can be viewed like a nightmare where people think they are going off into some secret carnival to enjoy a really rare experience (as if they were VIP) but when they get there, the S and the P kicks in as they realize their freedom is being shackled, causing them to question whether they are going to be murdered as they are being held hostage.

by your view,
in marriage, the persons cannot be 'attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard'
why? because the definitive has already been used to define friendship, and you can't use the definition twice expecting a difference.

but that is the problem with using labels to summarize resolution in the first place.
i see resolution as able to be definitive in & of itself.
little debbie

Saint Louis, MO

#38228 Mar 21, 2013
My mommies both love me very much. They kiss each other all the time. I have a crush on bobby.
Can't tell my mommies because I'm think they will get mad at me. I'm so confused.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#38229 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife while friendship is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard
see it is possible in one sentence
smile
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is the social institution under which two consenting adults establish their decision to live as spouses.
See, I've made it even better.
As for friendships, you apparently have sex with your friends but the vast majority of us do not.
Always willing to help, Kuntmary.
Statistically an increasingly large number of heterosexuals do, and even more homosexuals do.

As to your made up definition of marriage, this question;

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Marriage will always involve a man and woman, bride and groom, and husband and wife.

Oh, and hold the ponderous propensity for children.

Smile.

Location hidden

#38230 Mar 21, 2013
bobby wrote:
i don't think i would choose the word institution, & i also don't think i would use the word under.
but furthermore, your black & white definition of two words is dry & pale compared to definition gathered from an existance of relationship.
i mean duh,
anybody can write two definitions with a comma seperating the two lines.
truth be told, your definitions can be held as negligence since the amount of detail is shallow.
when words cannot express the full emotional value entailed in the resolution of the definitive situation, life would & should seem dull or lite.
because the definition of institution itself shows the possible shallow opportunity that breaches into life to trim or hold weight dragging emotions down.
..this is the definition i enjoyed,
'a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture.'
simply because the wording says 'well-established'.. you miss the point of the word 'structured'
it has an S .. to further prove a point of problem, the next word is 'pattern'
it has a P
we all know structured patterns are something like gears, and we all know gears have teeth, so why is it difficult to realize those gears are locked into a 'pre-set'
because no floating is generally acceptable when using presets.
we see the words 'well established' and we think 'oh there is a long list of room to move about'
but the next two words..
the S is a maze
the P is Yahoo! for sticking the tongue out
yes, seriously, it can be viewed like a nightmare where people think they are going off into some secret carnival to enjoy a really rare experience (as if they were VIP) but when they get there, the S and the P kicks in as they realize their freedom is being shackled, causing them to question whether they are going to be murdered as they are being held hostage.
by your view,
in marriage, the persons cannot be 'attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard'
why? because the definitive has already been used to define friendship, and you can't use the definition twice expecting a difference.
but that is the problem with using labels to summarize resolution in the first place.
i see resolution as able to be definitive in & of itself.
bobby

you said it couldn't be done

I did it and did it well

stop whining and i hope your life never depends on words as you use them because it won't go well

snicker

Location hidden

#38231 Mar 21, 2013
little debbie wrote:
My mommies both love me very much. They kiss each other all the time. I have a crush on bobby.
Can't tell my mommies because I'm think they will get mad at me. I'm so confused.
the real mommy loves you more than the pretend mommy

bobby doesn't like girls

smirk

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#38232 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
bobby
you said it couldn't be done
I did it and did it well
stop whining and i hope your life never depends on words as you use them because it won't go well
snicker
Well then, Hunty, there's yet another thing you two have in common.
the REAL fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#38233 Mar 21, 2013
little debbie wrote:
I will yank you for a cheeseburger today
the REAL fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#38234 Mar 21, 2013
little debbie wrote:
get us pictures dumbass
bobby

Kankakee, IL

#38235 Mar 21, 2013
how about an order of protection?

i said DIFFERENCE between the two in one line, as did you.

then you changed the word DIFFERENCE into DEFINITION.

lets look together:
difference
definition

see how the letters don't line up exactly together?

what you did was further add to humiliation and cruel punishment, as well as place shame upon yourself & your DNA structure.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#38236 Mar 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
the real mommy loves you more than the pretend mommy
bobby doesn't like girls
smirk
unless one of them is a blow up doll, they are both real mommies. once a douche bag, always a douche bag, Kuntmary.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#38237 Mar 21, 2013
it's on between the verbosity twins.
MASS SUICIDE

Bell, CA

#38238 Mar 21, 2013
bobby

Kankakee, IL

#38239 Mar 21, 2013
blue & purple lous
bobby

Kankakee, IL

#38240 Mar 21, 2013
ropt
Coral

Wilmington, IL

#38241 Mar 22, 2013
Give it up
The Reaper

Saint Louis, MO

#38242 Mar 22, 2013
May this thread Rest In Peace!

Location hidden

#38244 Mar 22, 2013
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Simple science.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Indian Signs Cluttering your Right-Of-Ways ... 45 min Bumpy Roads 2
Jimmy Vehrs at it again. 1 hr mike 44
Varsity volleyball coal city 1 hr Fan 13
Braidwood Volunteer Fire Department (Mar '07) 2 hr RYNO7408 300
Raising Chickens 9 hr Want Fresh Eggs 16
Three Petitions for Mayor Race 12 hr hotmama 7
b day party 12 hr Hahaha 8
Coal City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coal City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coal City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:20 am PST

NBC Sports 7:20AM
Will Jimmy Clausen fare better than Jay Cutler as Bears' QB?
NBC Sports 7:35 AM
What do the Bears do with Jay Cutler moving forward?
ESPN 7:40 AM
Sources: Bears 'confused' at coach's discipline
NBC Sports 7:45 AM
Jarrett Payton: Stop talking about Jay Cutler's potential
CBS Sports 8:15 AM
Charles Tillman: Bears teammates still have faith in Jay Cutler