Economic Development

Lisle, IL

#1 Apr 30, 2012
I've recently read comments on the forum suggesting we need a Walgreens or an Ultrafoods. I say "Why?"

A Super Walmart constructed off of 113 in Diamond or Braidwood would be the best option for all of the residents in this area. That single store would put reasonably priced groceries, prescriptions and general goods within a 12 minute drive(max) for everyone in Coal City, Diamond, Braidwood, Wilmington and Gardner(a combined population of roughly 22,000 people if you include the rural unincorporated parts).

A population base of 22,000? That is twice the size of Pontiac or Morris.

I did some homework and found a bunch of Illinois towns that serve far smaller populations than this that have a Walmart.
-Morris
-Pontiac
-Streator
-Princeton
-Watseka
-Clinton
-Dixon
The list goes on...

The towns in this area need to get together to develop a central mission for economic development. Divided they just look like individual podunk towns of 5,000-6,000 people. United they could brand themselves as one and drive commercial growth along the Braidwood-Diamond 113 corridor.

Walmart goes up and soon other businesses follow. I guarantee a Taco Bell/KFC wouldn't be far behind...
OH YEAH

Joliet, IL

#2 Apr 30, 2012
WalMart is exactly what you need. Let them sell you those high fashion clothes you love so much...cheap assed Chinese products that wear out in no time. You can also get loads and loads of candy and cereal at low discount prices to feed your unhealthy trailer park a$$. And on the way home you can buy a bucket of greasy chicken to take back to your kids so they have cholesterol driven heart disease by the time they're 50.
The only reason I go to that sh thole is to watch all the lard a$$e$ push their carts around filled with high fructose corn syrup and salty treats. No wonder they all look like the walking dead.
dan

Wilmington, IL

#3 Apr 30, 2012
OH YEAH...wow what an a##..if your from plainfield look at what you guys did to your town..i lived there back when the tornado came threw..and im glad i moved away..i think the people from your town come to our area and mow our lawn..if you know what i mean!!look at all the crap you guys put into your town at least in our area for now we still have the mom and pop feel to our stores..talk about watching shit spread look what happened to your town!just keep hanging out at walmart becasue i think the reason you hang out there is becasue your the greeter..
coaler 96

Joliet, IL

#4 May 1, 2012
Walmart is 12 miles from Coal City, and Braidwood is 4 miles from Coal City. If you add 12+4 that is 16 miles about a twenty minute drive.The wheel has been invented, and cars have involved.Why in the living catshit would we need a walmart in town. We got enough F'ing traffic, and enough people running around. If a Walmart came to CC that would double the clowns running around this Circus..Open Boodlers, and Mushrows back up an CC will thrive.
dan

Wilmington, IL

#5 May 1, 2012
well i was driving down 113 today in your town of cc and i seen the survey crew out there so i decided to stop and ask what was going on..well i guess it's in the plans to widen 113 with a center turn lane and from the way this guy was talking there is gonna be a big store comming to the are very soon..it's a hush hush deal..they dont want the unions pickiting the job site!!
mancoaler78

United States

#6 May 1, 2012
We need a good strip club. We really do.
rich

Coal City, IL

#7 May 1, 2012
Strip club yes. Walmart NOOO!!!!!
rich

Wilmington, IL

#8 May 2, 2012
i agree bring on the male dancers!!!!!!!!!!
rich

Coal City, IL

#9 May 2, 2012
Last comment not mine hahaha
rich

Wilmington, IL

#10 May 2, 2012
no i said that.. why would you say last comment not mine. when im the one that said it?? step away from the computer and relax!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anybody ever seen Tony Alteri with a Woman? 11 min green giant 20
If Tony put Cream Corn in His Mouth would You g... 8 hr johnny knoxville 1
Now everyone knows 10 hr Hesaloser 1
City Halls Sign on RT 53/ Vote for Change 10 hr The new guy 5
mayor rulien and chief girot allow spike in cri... 10 hr ambulance chaser 24
Who here is tired of bald Bob, and his slander ... 11 hr Bob the fluffer 0
metra schedules special stop on 4-8-2015 in fro... 12 hr new tracks in town 14
Coal City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web