video gaming in coal city

Posted in the Coal City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VOTE NO

Wilmington, IL

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I read in the paper last week that the mayor finally made a smart decision by not letting gambling in coal city. I think that's a very smart decision because I do agree that it will affect the quality of life in coal city. I have lived here for 23 years now and we DO NOT need the problems that this will bring with it. We already have enough problems with our town without adding more to it. I hope everyone that votes in the November election votes NO on this issue because we need to preserve the quality of life that we have and have had for the past 23 years
young man

Morris, IL

#2 Jul 17, 2012
really the quality of life bring it in give the drunks and drugies something else to do rather than drink and do drugs way more problems with that than gaming industry would bring.
Trayvon Martin

Wilmington, IL

#3 Jul 18, 2012
You keep thinking that, keep thinking the mayor is doing a good job.

Look at all the vacant buildings, harassing the local business owners and making threats is a good way to get the business to leave town. Business gone = tax dollar gone.

Why do you think they are building new business in Diamond?

It will only get worse when the mayor and the administrative crew force out the CCPD

You think the sheriff is going to be better, especially when there are fewer businesses in town providing that tax money to pay the sheriff.

I heard of two businesses looking into relocating to Diamond

I HOPE IT HAPPENS AND MORE FOLLOW! Run this little town into the sewer.
duh

Aurora, IL

#4 Jul 18, 2012
young man wrote:
really the quality of life bring it in give the drunks and drugies something else to do rather than drink and do drugs way more problems with that than gaming industry would bring.
unfortunately it all goes "hand in hand" drinking drugs gamblimg and prostitution. The way it is and that's the way it will always be. These empty buiuldings have been empty for a long time. Let's face it the good ol days of the mom and pop stores are long gone and they are not coming back to rent all the empty buildings.
huh

Glen Ellyn, IL

#5 Jul 18, 2012
duh wrote:
<quoted text> unfortunately it all goes "hand in hand" drinking drugs gamblimg and prostitution. The way it is and that's the way it will always be. These empty buiuldings have been empty for a long time. Let's face it the good ol days of the mom and pop stores are long gone and they are not coming back to rent all the empty buildings.
That's funny. I like to gamble and I don't use drugs, drink, or prostitute. Still, I'll never look at those old ladies in wheelchairs the same way again.
Buba

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2012
Nothing wrong with a good prostitute. Even prostitutes need love.
Danny J

Wilmington, IL

#7 Jul 18, 2012
I don't think gambling should be allowed either. The state makes enough money from the casinos in Joliet and they still don't know how to manage the money. When this starts in bars and restaurants and the state takes their 30 percent they will be crying poor within a year and before you know it they will raise their percentage to 40 percent and so on and so on year after year. The measly 5 percent the village will get is chump change. The bar owners are crying now but they weren't all these past years when they had the illegal poker machines and didn't pay any income tax on the money they made on them.
Spinthewheel

Geneva, IL

#8 Jul 18, 2012
The money removed from our local economy if the Video gaming machines are allowed will cause more local stores to close. Folks this is the worst economy since the great deporession...businesses are hurting but you don't solve it by putting video poker machines in every bar and resturant.
really

Whiting, IN

#9 Jul 18, 2012
Gaming machines = store closures ? OH PLEASE ELABORATE !!!! I gotta hear how these 2 things are possibly related . Dont see any casinos in cc
Trayvon Martin

Wilmington, IL

#10 Jul 19, 2012
This is just one of the things the mayor did not want, he has been visiting local businesses and wanting things changed or threatening to bring the issue to the board. He doesn't offer any incentive, just threats. You are right, the economy sucks, and gambling is not going to improve it, but the mayor swinging weight and pissing off already struggling businesses because of the economy isn't helping either.

You think that construction across from EZ Living is just to keep people busy? LOL

I hope Diamond does get the Walgreens or CVS that Coal City could not secure, then put Docs and Coal City Pharmacy out of business.

Then if Diamond can get that big chain grocer, maybe it will knock out Berkots.

And when that KFC/Taco Bell gets built on 113 in Diamond, the local restaurants will feel the impact, might even be enough to completely take out CCR and the Chinese place on broadway?

How's the floral shop doing on Broadway in the old church? OH WAIT, THEY ARE CLOSING DOWN!

I "heard" another auto parts store is opening, in Diamond, don't know how true that is but it will certainly crush a struggling Napa.

The old Dynamic fitness (Yeah, in Diamond) is getting a new tenant/business.

So, no it is not the gambling that will save the town, and the struggle is not just the economy either, because "business is a boomin" in Diamond, why don't these new businesses want to come to Coal City?
really

Wilmington, IL

#11 Jul 19, 2012
Right on the money !!!!!!
Trayvon Martin wrote:
This is just one of the things the mayor did not want, he has been visiting local businesses and wanting things changed or threatening to bring the issue to the board. He doesn't offer any incentive, just threats. You are right, the economy sucks, and gambling is not going to improve it, but the mayor swinging weight and pissing off already struggling businesses because of the economy isn't helping either.
You think that construction across from EZ Living is just to keep people busy? LOL
I hope Diamond does get the Walgreens or CVS that Coal City could not secure, then put Docs and Coal City Pharmacy out of business.
Then if Diamond can get that big chain grocer, maybe it will knock out Berkots.
And when that KFC/Taco Bell gets built on 113 in Diamond, the local restaurants will feel the impact, might even be enough to completely take out CCR and the Chinese place on broadway?
How's the floral shop doing on Broadway in the old church? OH WAIT, THEY ARE CLOSING DOWN!
I "heard" another auto parts store is opening, in Diamond, don't know how true that is but it will certainly crush a struggling Napa.
The old Dynamic fitness (Yeah, in Diamond) is getting a new tenant/business.
So, no it is not the gambling that will save the town, and the struggle is not just the economy either, because "business is a boomin" in Diamond, why don't these new businesses want to come to Coal City?
Common sense 2

Aurora, IL

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Preserve the quality of life?
This town is a joke and everything that REALLY had to say is absolutely correct....I've also lived here 24 years and I have not seen one bit of progress .... so sad....
Mr Martin

Geneva, IL

#13 Jul 19, 2012
Diamond is going to enjoy new business because of one important thing "Location".. yes next to an Interstate Highway. But then again who wants to build a business especially a food place when there is a sewer treatment plant in your backyard. The new auto dept store will be built in Coal City and the floral shop is closing due to the health issue of the owner. Trayvon your rants are not based on fact.Com mon sense2 ...progess well look around new Riverside, new La Piazza, new La Cocina, huge addition to Berkots, new Lorenas, Fisher Auto Parts. Criticism must be fact based.
Danny J

Wilmington, IL

#14 Jul 20, 2012
I wouldn't want to open a business in one of these old buildings in coal city either when I can go a mile down the road and everthing is new. And I'm sure the rent isn't a really big difference either. The money you could save in utilities alone would make up the difference in the rent.
woo hoo

Wilmington, IL

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Mr Martin wrote:
Diamond is going to enjoy new business because of one important thing "Location".. yes next to an Interstate Highway. But then again who wants to build a business especially a food place when there is a sewer treatment plant in your backyard. The new auto dept store will be built in Coal City and the floral shop is closing due to the health issue of the owner. Trayvon your rants are not based on fact.Com mon sense2 ...progess well look around new Riverside, new La Piazza, new La Cocina, huge addition to Berkots, new Lorenas, Fisher Auto Parts. Criticism must be fact based.
Big Deal
Danny J

Wilmington, IL

#17 Jul 21, 2012
Trayvon Martin wrote:
Well Spivey's said a big FU to the mayor, today they got the gambling machines installed today! Hahahahahahaha that is a great FU!
ya they wish they had the new machines. You have to have a license from the state first and the state won't issue any place in coal city a license because of the village board putting a hold on it untill november so ha ha ha. The funny thing about that is her vendor donico can't even get their license from the state.www.igb.gov .
Elliot Ness

Geneva, IL

#18 Jul 21, 2012
isn't Donico the same guys who ran the under the table payout operation for years? It's sad how the state of Illinois is getting into bed with the mob to make a few bucks.
Copper

Streamwood, IL

#19 Jul 21, 2012
Donico is a bunch of crooks. With a bunch if lowlifes that work for him. But they are all that way
I AGREE

Aurora, IL

#20 Jul 21, 2012
Copper wrote:
Donico is a bunch of crooks. With a bunch if lowlifes that work for him. But they are all that way
And that's exactly why they can NOT get a license from the Illinois Gaming Board. They tried selling to a company out of Louisiana to try to stay in the gaming business and that company has been DENIED also. It's all on the IGB websight. Donico milked that big fat cow for a long time and the bitch finally went dry.
Athletic Supporter

Wilmington, IL

#21 Jul 22, 2012
Danny J wrote:
<quoted text>ya they wish they had the new machines.
Yeah, you're right, she needs those fancy new machines to pay off winnings, because there is NO way for anyone to win and get paid, yup

next,,,,,,,,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anybody ever seen Tony Alteri with a Woman? 19 min ass whopping 29
Wilmington girls basketball 1 hr seahawk 23
Samantha Upchurch/Wagner 2 hr Harry Paretesties 7
New Braidwood Police Officer scam 7 hr bob 68
If Tony put Cream Corn in His Mouth would You g... 16 hr Joneez crew 4
City Halls Sign on RT 53/ Vote for Change 18 hr INVESTIGATE 10
Now everyone knows Thu Hesaloser 1

Winter Storm Warning for Grundy County was issued at January 31 at 2:32PM CST

Coal City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots