Authorities: Nuclear engineer sought ...

Authorities: Nuclear engineer sought 'thrill' in DuPage hijacking

There are 30 comments on the Daily Herald story from May 11, 2012, titled Authorities: Nuclear engineer sought 'thrill' in DuPage hijacking. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

A man who operates reactors at a nuclear power plant was 'thrill seeking' when he put on a mask and hijacked a woman's car at gunpoint, DuPage County authorities said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#2 May 16, 2012
saw that turd in the CC gym today. he must be quite arrogant to even go into public. and he was bailed on only 2K dollars. our judicial system is a joke. ill bet he'll walk or do hardly any time either. good news is, he'll never set foot in a nuc plant ever agian. good luck getting a job now engineer boy LOL!
bad

Whiting, IN

#3 May 16, 2012
That was actual $ 20,000 paid ,heard it was actually 200,000 and paper misprinted .
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#4 May 17, 2012
2k or 200k, i hope he's quite busy picking up the soap for the "real" criminals.
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#6 May 17, 2012
well, he goes to the local gym on a daily basis.being that he still goes where he pleases im pretty sure if he wanted to "blow the whistle" on something he already would have. people are quite stupid they and prove that on a daily basis. this is just another case of retardedness gone awry.
River Rat

Morris, IL

#7 May 17, 2012
Hey Rim Job, do you think he's on steroids? That would certainly explain things. I presume you're talking about Dynamic Fitness -- or is there another gym in the area?
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#8 May 17, 2012
Mr Rat: he is certainly not on roids. happens to be smaller than my weiner and that is not all that big. roids have nothing to do with a stupid ass "supposed" act like this, and that i know for a fact. stupid is as stupid does, just like mr. gump said!
lil birdie

Richmond Hill, NY

#9 May 18, 2012
More will come out shortly .......sounds like they had a bigger plan .......go watch the movie Heat !!!
Angelo wrote:
This doesn't make sense! Why would somebody with a great job supposedly steal a car at gunpoint for "thrills"? No, there's more to this story they're not telling us. If that were true, he could have China Syndromed the reactor for real "thrills", which is the reason the NRC makes these guys go through extensive background checks and psychological exams. I'm sorry, but there's no way this went down the way the paper claims it did. Maybe he was about to blow the whistle on Excelon or the UFO base they keep hidden under the GE-Hitachi ISFSI across the road, so the CIA's SAD/SOG set him up?!?
secret id

Saint Louis, MO

#10 May 18, 2012
Angelo wrote:
This doesn't make sense! Why would somebody with a great job supposedly steal a car at gunpoint for "thrills"? No, there's more to this story they're not telling us. If that were true, he could have China Syndromed the reactor for real "thrills", which is the reason the NRC makes these guys go through extensive background checks and psychological exams. I'm sorry, but there's no way this went down the way the paper claims it did. Maybe he was about to blow the whistle on Excelon or the UFO base they keep hidden under the GE-Hitachi ISFSI across the road, so the CIA's SAD/SOG set him up?!?
I think you're right. Something doesn't seem right. I guess it's always possible that the media has the story correct, and that the information released to them was accurate~ but it just sounds like there are a lot of missing pieces.
Dumbass

United States

#11 May 18, 2012
Why would being on steroids "explain things?" The nature of the charges in thea article don't describe a roid rage type act. He had a mask.
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#13 May 19, 2012
angelo, do you know anything about steroids? mind altering drugs, really? your sounding quite stupid. your talking about it like it's angel dust or something. there are many kinds of steroids and not all even have to do with large quantities of testosterone which im sure is where u are making your baseless claim. they guy must be an idiot, plain and simple
secret id

Saint Louis, MO

#14 May 19, 2012
Rim Job wrote:
angelo, do you know anything about steroids? mind altering drugs, really? your sounding quite stupid. your talking about it like it's angel dust or something. there are many kinds of steroids and not all even have to do with large quantities of testosterone which im sure is where u are making your baseless claim. they guy must be an idiot, plain and simple
long term use of steroids definitely has an effect on a persons psyche. Not saying this was the case..
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#15 May 19, 2012
until u've entered the world of steroids u would have no idea. effecting the psyche, that funny. sounds like uve been watching to many lifetime movies starring ben affleck! LOL. if you dont know what im talking about then ur simply a nub
WHO

Morris, IL

#17 May 19, 2012
Gamma Ray , you just described 80 percent of the people in Coal City.
Georgie

Villa Park, IL

#18 May 19, 2012
Rim Job wrote:
angelo, do you know anything about steroids? mind altering drugs, really? your sounding quite stupid. your talking about it like it's angel dust or something. there are many kinds of steroids and not all even have to do with large quantities of testosterone which im sure is where u are making your baseless claim. they guy must be an idiot, plain and simple
How Are AAS Abused?
Some people, both athletes and non-athletes, abuse AAS in an attempt to enhance performance and/or improve physical appearance. AAS are taken orally or injected, typically in cycles rather than continuously.“Cycling” refers to a pattern of use in which steroids are taken for periods of weeks or months, after which use is stopped for a period of time and then restarted. In addition, users often combine several different types of steroids in an attempt to maximize their effectiveness, a practice referred to as “stacking.”
How Do AAS Affect the Brain?
The immediate effects of AAS in the brain are mediated by their binding to androgen (male sex hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) receptors on the surface of a cell. This AAS–receptor complex can then shuttle into the cell nucleus to influence patterns of gene expression. Because of this, the acute effects of AAS in the brain are substantially different from those of other drugs of abuse. The most important difference is that AAS are not euphorigenic, meaning they do not trigger rapid increases in the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is responsible for the “high” that often drives substance abuse behaviors. However, long-term use of AAS can eventually have an impact on some of the same brain pathways and chemicals—such as dopamine, serotonin, and opioid systems—that are affected by other drugs of abuse. Considering the combined effect of their complex direct and indirect actions, it is not surprising that AAS can affect mood and behavior in significant ways.
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#20 May 20, 2012
georgie, thats some of the dumbest sh!t i've heard. anabolics are and have been legal in a number of places in this world and of the group of countries that is most developed is probably the united kingdom. use in the UK is quite widespread amongst the gym community there because they are leagal and come with no stigma attached. with 30 plus years of use across the pond nobody has gone "crazy" with odd behavior and mood swings in any sizeable number for the country to ban them. what u read is B.S. and u only buy into it cause here in the U.S. they get a bad wrap. look up the old propaganda film "refer madness." its the same crap your buying into because thats the info you've been presented with here in the good ole U.S. of A. i could really care less about steroids one way or the other, but i can guarantee this twig of a former nuc employee is not on them. and if he is, he needs to get his money back becasue somebody sold him bottles filled with wesson oil and not the real deal
Jonni English

Arlington Heights, IL

#21 May 20, 2012
This is the weirdest story ever. Where was he going with that car? What was he really up to? I'm not buying the carjacking for a thrill story. I doesn't make any sense.
muscle head

Joliet, IL

#22 May 20, 2012
Rim job stick to doin that !!! Lickin a#%holes lets just say 2 words to end this false claim that it alters nothing mentally .......ROID RAGE" .....need we say anything more .....not to mention this has nothing to do with this topic ....if you wanna talk about your favorite past time start a new thread and conversate with somemore roiders that have a PHD in the affects of steroids on the body !!!!!!!!!!
Rim Job wrote:
georgie, thats some of the dumbest sh!t i've heard. anabolics are and have been legal in a number of places in this world and of the group of countries that is most developed is probably the united kingdom. use in the UK is quite widespread amongst the gym community there because they are leagal and come with no stigma attached. with 30 plus years of use across the pond nobody has gone "crazy" with odd behavior and mood swings in any sizeable number for the country to ban them. what u read is B.S. and u only buy into it cause here in the U.S. they get a bad wrap. look up the old propaganda film "refer madness." its the same crap your buying into because thats the info you've been presented with here in the good ole U.S. of A. i could really care less about steroids one way or the other, but i can guarantee this twig of a former nuc employee is not on them. and if he is, he needs to get his money back becasue somebody sold him bottles filled with wesson oil and not the real deal
Rim Job

Wheaton, IL

#23 May 20, 2012
muscle head, i think i like you. toss your salad??? you'd love it :P
Coal City Swinger

Wheaton, IL

#24 May 21, 2012
Rim Job wrote:
georgie, thats some of the dumbest sh!t i've heard. anabolics are and have been legal in a number of places in this world and of the group of countries that is most developed is probably the united kingdom. use in the UK is quite widespread amongst the gym community there because they are leagal and come with no stigma attached. with 30 plus years of use across the pond nobody has gone "crazy" with odd behavior and mood swings in any sizeable number for the country to ban them. what u read is B.S. and u only buy into it cause here in the U.S. they get a bad wrap. look up the old propaganda film "refer madness." its the same crap your buying into because thats the info you've been presented with here in the good ole U.S. of A. i could really care less about steroids one way or the other, but i can guarantee this twig of a former nuc employee is not on them. and if he is, he needs to get his money back becasue somebody sold him bottles filled with wesson oil and not the real deal
I'm pretty sure when you say "gym community", you're referring to gay orgies.
River Rat

Morris, IL

#26 May 21, 2012
Uh, I believe that's called sarcasm. There's this thing called Google. Use it if you really want to know what an ISFSI is. Lemme guess: You're from Chicago and a legacy member of the Coal City Area Club, right? Hhhhh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay and Lesbian Travel Agent 2 hr WOW 9
Nick Frado aint above the law 19 hr Coopertone Tornado 9
News Shots fired call leads to arrests of teens 20 hr Alley 2
Nick can still Blow Me. 22 hr A Friend of Braid... 3
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Wed Michael G 267
Wesley Township Watchers (Feb '09) Tue Mom of 2 12
Icy sidewalks in coal city Tue Alley 5

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coal City Mortgages