Someone who isnt me

Wilmington, IL

#1 Jun 17, 2012
Does anyone else think there should be more D.U.I. arrests? I just think too many people are getting away with it. Either that, or we just have some of the worst drivers in the state around here. I mean I saw some woman do one of those "slow downs" at the stoplight between shell and mcdonolds, cutting off a Grundy. With kids in the truck! I have been hit three times now by DD's, and I think its time the police make this a higher priority.
Anyone else?
btw the three that hit me were arrested *applauding action*
Sad

Braidwood, IL

#2 Jun 17, 2012
The sad thing is there aren't enough cops to catch every "impaired" driver. Never have been. Once they have that one drink too many (or whatever substance of choice) it's not really a cognitive decision to drive. they're on auto-pilot. but yes, there could be more arrests. our system just doesn't know what to do with them. take the license and they just drive without one. and until they actually kill someone it's just a shake of the head by the judge. court mandated rehab programs work only about a third of the time. wish you well!
steer queer

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2012
Someone who isnt me wrote:
Does anyone else think there should be more D.U.I. arrests? I just think too many people are getting away with it. Either that, or we just have some of the worst drivers in the state around here. I mean I saw some woman do one of those "slow downs" at the stoplight between shell and mcdonolds, cutting off a Grundy. With kids in the truck! I have been hit three times now by DD's, and I think its time the police make this a higher priority.
Anyone else?
btw the three that hit me were arrested *applauding action*
hey numb nuts, not all bad drivers are drunk. And it sounds like you seem to put yourself in situations where you get into crashes quite often!
Hmmm

Peotone, IL

#4 Jun 19, 2012
Yah she has a point though...All of my friends drive drunk...like really drunk...I think they are so stupid...especially in the area club...they drive like the biggest assholes back there...can cops go patrol back there?

I guess its anywhere in the world you live though...But this is a small ass town and shouldn't take cops too much work to get these dumbasses
Hmm

Carpentersville, IL

#5 Jun 19, 2012
Sorry...I said "ass" a lot in the last comment...I sound gross ....
Anyway..Just goes to show you how these cops just aren't doing their jobs....
I know

Wilmington, IL

#6 Jun 19, 2012
Really !!!!

If you think for one second that making dd a higher priority would change anything i got land in iraq id like to sell you as vacation property !!!
As for you getting hit 3 times by drunks stay out of the back seats with the town drunks after closing !!!!
Someone who isnt me wrote:
Does anyone else think there should be more D.U.I. arrests? I just think too many people are getting away with it. Either that, or we just have some of the worst drivers in the state around here. I mean I saw some woman do one of those "slow downs" at the stoplight between shell and mcdonolds, cutting off a Grundy. With kids in the truck! I have been hit three times now by DD's, and I think its time the police make this a higher priority.
Anyone else?
btw the three that hit me were arrested *applauding action*
What

United States

#7 Jun 19, 2012
Here's a thought! Why don't they get some freaking public transportation around these podunk towns so when someone does have too many , they can get home without driving. Here's another idea. Instead of giving all our freaking jobs to other countries, why don't we start opening up factories in the U.S., giving people good jobs , with futures, so we don't have to drink so much to get away from the misery of doom we now face. Maybe if people had it better we wouldn't need so much policing.Maybe politicians could actually try and help the common man instead of passing laws that chip away our rights little by little.Maybe fanatics that are so traumatized by certain events in their lives should get some counseling instead of inflicting their ways of life upon others. I have been hit by a drunk driver as well. But no matter what we do , it's not going to stop people from drinking and driving. Pass all the silly laws you want, criminals don't abide by them. There were plenty of laws that worked, enforcement is the key. More laws just mean , more rights taken away from you. Doesn't anyone see what they are doing? For your safety, they are charging you 125 dollars for not wearing a seat belt??? For your safety??? I don't drink and drive, nor do I condone the practice, but they can give you a dui, for one beer now! Or even if you admit drinking earlier in the day! It's called zero tolerance, it never works, but it fills the pocket books of the state agencies who pass the laws. I think the laws are strict enough, no I do not see the need for stricter ones, or new ones. No offence meant, but we have to rational. Fight the man!!! He's sticking it to all of us!!!
Just Sayin

Braidwood, IL

#8 Jun 19, 2012
Maybe you should start following them and make a citizens arrest. I agree they need some public transportation around here.
Hmmm

Carpentersville, IL

#9 Jun 19, 2012
What wrote:
Here's a thought! Why don't they get some freaking public transportation around these podunk towns so when someone does have too many , they can get home without driving. Here's another idea. Instead of giving all our freaking jobs to other countries, why don't we start opening up factories in the U.S., giving people good jobs , with futures, so we don't have to drink so much to get away from the misery of doom we now face. Maybe if people had it better we wouldn't need so much policing.Maybe politicians could actually try and help the common man instead of passing laws that chip away our rights little by little.Maybe fanatics that are so traumatized by certain events in their lives should get some counseling instead of inflicting their ways of life upon others. I have been hit by a drunk driver as well. But no matter what we do , it's not going to stop people from drinking and driving. Pass all the silly laws you want, criminals don't abide by them. There were plenty of laws that worked, enforcement is the key. More laws just mean , more rights taken away from you. Doesn't anyone see what they are doing? For your safety, they are charging you 125 dollars for not wearing a seat belt??? For your safety??? I don't drink and drive, nor do I condone the practice, but they can give you a dui, for one beer now! Or even if you admit drinking earlier in the day! It's called zero tolerance, it never works, but it fills the pocket books of the state agencies who pass the laws. I think the laws are strict enough, no I do not see the need for stricter ones, or new ones. No offence meant, but we have to rational. Fight the man!!! He's sticking it to all of us!!!
They give DUIs if your blood alcohol is .08...period...and whats this about bringing factories into the US so we dont drink our miseries away? Go to babes tap and ask if they are drinking because they are out of work...I'll bet they'll say they arent...how stupid.
Now if people really didn't want to drink and drive they wouldn't ... public transport or not...its called a designated driver and responsible people use them.
I can't believe people are trying to make excuses for drunk driving...You probably drink and drive...thats why you are so fired up.
Hmmm

Carpentersville, IL

#10 Jun 19, 2012
What wrote:
Here's a thought! Why don't they get some freaking public transportation around these podunk towns so when someone does have too many , they can get home without driving. Here's another idea. Instead of giving all our freaking jobs to other countries, why don't we start opening up factories in the U.S., giving people good jobs , with futures, so we don't have to drink so much to get away from the misery of doom we now face. Maybe if people had it better we wouldn't need so much policing.Maybe politicians could actually try and help the common man instead of passing laws that chip away our rights little by little.Maybe fanatics that are so traumatized by certain events in their lives should get some counseling instead of inflicting their ways of life upon others. I have been hit by a drunk driver as well. But no matter what we do , it's not going to stop people from drinking and driving. Pass all the silly laws you want, criminals don't abide by them. There were plenty of laws that worked, enforcement is the key. More laws just mean , more rights taken away from you. Doesn't anyone see what they are doing? For your safety, they are charging you 125 dollars for not wearing a seat belt??? For your safety??? I don't drink and drive, nor do I condone the practice, but they can give you a dui, for one beer now! Or even if you admit drinking earlier in the day! It's called zero tolerance, it never works, but it fills the pocket books of the state agencies who pass the laws. I think the laws are strict enough, no I do not see the need for stricter ones, or new ones. No offence meant, but we have to rational. Fight the man!!! He's sticking it to all of us!!!
WAIT!!!!! LOL I MISSED THIS PART HERE...

"Maybe fanatics that are so traumatized by certain events in their lives should get some counseling instead of inflicting their ways of life upon others. "

BWAHAHAHA the stupidest thing I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!! Oh man you just made my day with that.
The OP

Wilmington, IL

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Hey uh.. Steer qweer is it? I didnt say they all are drunk. I did say we might just have some of the worst drivers in the state (i didnt say it jokingly).
Sorry if that offends you my good sir but there is really no need for school yard name calling.
But, just so you can get your little pink knickers out of that bunch, two of the people that hit me were pulling into BP thru the turning lane as I was about to go thru the light driving down 113. The other was a semi, who's driver was on the phone and drunk. Sooooooooo, it would seem not.
What was that your wife or something that made that stupid ass move by mcdonolds? It seems I really struck a nerve with you?
And please dont make assumptions about my nuts, it drives me wild when I feel your mother sucking on them.
But anyway im outta here. It was a mistake to even post here. Ive been reading how ignorant some of you people are here and its just nothing Id like to be any part of. Wow.
Have a nice day everybody :)
The OP

Wilmington, IL

#12 Jun 19, 2012
One more question to Mr. Qweer.
Mr. Qweer, would you care to explain what type of situation I could possibly put myself in that would justify a loser ass drunk driver hitting me?
Didnt think so. Tell your wife to give you some attention.
steer queer

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2012
The OP wrote:
One more question to Mr. Qweer.
Mr. Qweer, would you care to explain what type of situation I could possibly put myself in that would justify a loser ass drunk driver hitting me?
Didnt think so. Tell your wife to give you some attention.
It's queer, not qweer. And for all you know I could be a female. I've never been hit by a drunk in this town....or even Chicago where traffic is really an issue. Maybe next time you are "victim", maybe it will knock some sense into you!
What

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
WAIT!!!!! LOL I MISSED THIS PART HERE...
"Maybe fanatics that are so traumatized by certain events in their lives should get some counseling instead of inflicting their ways of life upon others. "
BWAHAHAHA the stupidest thing I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!! Oh man you just made my day with that.
Good thing you said "stupididest",[obvio usly a childish misspelling],"thing you'd ever heard", because I am sure you say much more stupid things, and apparently you don't listen to yourself, no one else does either. They say it's easy to argue with an idiot. You've shown me that. I actually feel less intelligent just from reading your post. But I have to thank you for reminding us all of how stupid and ignorant teenagers can be when their school lets out for the summer, and their parents go out for dinner.
Hmmm

Batavia, IL

#16 Jun 20, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing you said "stupididest",[obvio usly a childish misspelling],"thing you'd ever heard", because I am sure you say much more stupid things, and apparently you don't listen to yourself, no one else does either. They say it's easy to argue with an idiot. You've shown me that. I actually feel less intelligent just from reading your post. But I have to thank you for reminding us all of how stupid and ignorant teenagers can be when their school lets out for the summer, and their parents go out for dinner.
Yeah that would be funny if I actually did misspell the word...look again...
Aren't you the guy that said "stick it to the man"? And you're calling me immature and unintelligent?...
You can think you are smart but let me tell ya you are pretty fucking stupid from what I can tell
And I am far from a teenager...I am a professional adult who has graduated college and working a very good job
just sayin

Davenport, IA

#17 Jun 20, 2012
No drunk drivers at Dons Beer Store. They are there for the orgies only.
There is no excuse for drunk driving. If you are having rough times go out and liquor it up and get a cab or call a friend for a ride. Law enforcement is doing their job right by arresting those that drink and get behind the wheel of a car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
red steve johnson 3 hr Sam Longshore 6
Friday Night Football 5 hr horsedickhairy 131
Braceville asking to build new fire station 6 hr Jim 2
Who do you support for Grundy County Sheriff? 6 hr NoNamemorris 11
Police pension ???? How should I vote??? 12 hr i love braidwood 28
Why are all mechanics leaving Bob's Auto? 19 hr Mechanict 9
Drug arrests made in Braidwood, Wilmington (Nov '13) Fri horsedickhairy 64
Coal City Dating
Find my Match

Coal City Jobs

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coal City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coal City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]