Saddened by the comments

Wilmington, IL

#30 Feb 4, 2013
law man wrote:
Someone needs to tell the girls grandmother to get an attorney. It cannot bring her back, but at least the stroke can compensate grandmom for her lose. I am looking a prison time for junior. We can only hope./
he's not the only kid that does it I'm sure you know that to the whole town and country do it not sayin what happen was right but there's two losses here and they were best friends. Hope your careful buddy
slew

United States

#31 Feb 4, 2013
Saddened by the comments wrote:
What if that was your child or relative u people are cruel only god judges bet u have drank drugged drove in your lifetime thank goodness you didn't kill someone really people
You can pray for the loser! I will pray for the girl. She did not deserve this. I will also pray that he gets 10 years and his cell mate is Tyrone. The guy was not drunk.
High high high. This is DUI number >>>>>> ? Hang him.
sad

Wilmington, IL

#32 Feb 4, 2013
it was a roll of the dice for both of them they were both high and drinking both have driven that way alot of tmes sad sad sad
Lori

Wilmington, IL

#34 Feb 4, 2013
Saddened by the comments wrote:
What if that was your child or relative u people are cruel only god judges bet u have drank drugged drove in your lifetime thank goodness you didn't kill someone really people
If that was my child who died he would want to pray to be locked up. I have never drank&drive. I'm not that stupid!!! And I don't do drugs. Again, I'm not that stupid!!!!! Not everyone lives in the pathetic world of drugs and alcohol that you losers live in. You just endanger ours lives by driving impaired. If you want to drink and do drugs, go somewhere and do it until you kill yourself. No one could care less. Just don't do it where innocent people can be harmed or worse. The kid has always been trouble. Oh wait, everyone has several dui's by his age. IDIOT!!!!!!
Jenny

Wilmington, IL

#35 Feb 4, 2013
Bottom line wrote:
I feel bad for both family's, we all should, nobody plans for somthing like this, it's horrible. This town is rediculous. He will be paying the rest of his life. After the law is done. Parents will pay even though its not their doing. Lighten up on the parents. Half this towns kids are on heroin and drinking and driving and other drugs. Easy to judge . That's the only thing that you can always count on In coal city is bashing, can't even wait till the dead our buried. There is nothing good out of this, don't make it worse. I've never seen anyone point out anything good in this town, or compliment anyone, bash bash bash
"half of this town's kids are on heroin and drinking and driving and other drugs"?????? Maybe your kids and their friends are clouding your judgement, but most of us are upstanding citizens with bright futures. It's just a few losers that reflect bad on all of us. Maybe you should more time with your kids, and know what they are doing instead of spending all of your time at the bars.

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

#43 Feb 4, 2013
What happened is horrible ..... And I would not wish it in my worst enemy. A child was lost before she had the opportunity to experience most of the joys of life, and her poor family is more than likely experiencing the worst pain one could feel. The boy who was driving, his life will forever be affected as it should... He made some bad decisions that night and long after the court is done with him he will have to live with what happened. Hopefully he will straighten out after this and go on to live a productive and positive life .... And if that happens I feel bad for him on his child's 16th birthday....I have a feeling he will think of the girl that was lost alot on that day

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

#44 Feb 4, 2013
Did this kid live in the subdivision off of Whitetie road?
truth

Des Plaines, IL

#45 Feb 5, 2013
Until parents start parenting and adults over 21 start making intelligent decisions drinking and driving will continue in ths area and people will be injured and people will die, lifes will be ruined. So before you bash someone look in and mirror and ask yourself have i ever been in this situation were ive drove impaired and what if this happened to me ?? and just maybe the local police and county police could step up roadside checks and start doing thier job.
abc

United States

#47 Feb 5, 2013
rocket scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a young adult, she was a child.
There is a big difference in the developmental stages of our brains from 16 to 19. There is no doubt in my mind that he will pay every day of his life.
The only thing that may save him now is to suffer the consequences, make some life changes and maybe that will allow him a second chance at becoming a productive asset to society.
Ten years sitting in a prison cell will give him time to think and remorse.
I have no pity for him. Just rot in that cell. You took a life.
rocket scientist

New Lenox, IL

#48 Feb 5, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>Ten years sitting in a prison cell will give him time to think and remorse.
I have no pity for him. Just rot in that cell. You took a life.
I was thinking more like 20-30 yrs.
CCC fan

Wilmington, IL

#49 Feb 5, 2013
COAL CITY When a 16-year-old Coal City girl died Friday night in a vehicle accident, the man driving the car in which she was riding was allegedly under the influence of alcohol and drugs. He has been arrested.

Grundy County Coroner John Callahan pronounced Alyssa Nicole Swyndro, a junior at Coal City High School, dead at the scene. She died when the pickup truck she was riding in left Whitetie Road, a quarter-mile west of Broadway Street. The vehicle struck a culvert and then rolled into a tree. Callahan noted the roads were covered in snow at the time.

When emergency personnel got on scene, the truck was found on its side and Swyndro was trapped in the vehicle, according to a press release from the Grundy County Sheriff's Department.

Matthew C. Moser, 19, of Coal City, was the driver of the vehicle. He was transported to Morris Hospital that night with injuries, but Sheriff Kevin Callahan said that Moser was walking around at the accident site.

Once released from the emergency room, Moser was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI resulting in death, driving under the combination of alcohol and drugs, driving too fast for conditions, unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor, unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor, and failure to wear a seatbelt.

Sheriff Callahan said Moser was released on bond over the weekend.

Coal City High School and the community are grieving and remembering Swyndro, who was a Grundy Area Vocational Center student in the criminal justice program, said Coal City Principal Mitch Hamann.

"She was very polite. She always said 'hi' going down the hall and always had a smile on her face," Hamann said. "The kids cared a lot for her and I have no doubt she's going to be missed."

Superintendent Dr. Kent Bugg said the district's crisis team was gathered Monday morning to put a plan together to help their students as much as possible. Counselors were available when students arrived and the district is doing whatever it can to support the students.

"In all of our school district, our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. We're dedicated to helping them in anyway we can," said Bugg.

A visitation will be held at 3 p.m. today, Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 East McArdle Road, Coal City. It will last until the funeral service at 7:30 p.m.
Only Way

Chicago, IL

#50 Feb 5, 2013
Not going to judge the guy, but the only reason my parents would spend 15k to bail me out in this situation would be to drive me from the jail cell to the wake to see what I had done.
hi

Downers Grove, IL

#51 Feb 5, 2013
Your prayers won't work. They never do. The kid made a mistake and he will pay for it. The girl made a mistake by getting into the car, and she paid for it. It sucks but can't be changed. Survival of the fittest. If you don't want to die or go to prison, don't do dumb shit. This kid sounds like a real winner. Hopefully he doesn't get out of prison and start reproducing perpetuating the cycle of idiocy in this town.
dad

United States

#52 Feb 5, 2013
hi wrote:
Your prayers won't work. They never do. The kid made a mistake and he will pay for it. The girl made a mistake by getting into the car, and she paid for it. It sucks but can't be changed. Survival of the fittest. If you don't want to die or go to prison, don't do dumb shit. This kid sounds like a real winner. Hopefully he doesn't get out of prison and start reproducing perpetuating the cycle of idiocy in this town.
We can only pray that the driver gets many years in prison to think about it.
How can you even blame the girl. She was just a passenger. This is not his first time.
hi

Downers Grove, IL

#53 Feb 5, 2013
dad wrote:
<quoted text>We can only pray that the driver gets many years in prison to think about it.
How can you even blame the girl. She was just a passenger. This is not his first time.
And I'm sure she's been told not to get in the car with someone drinking. Unless she was kidnapped, she should be responsible for her own actions. I'm sure it wasn't her first time either. What's fair is fair. We would hold a 16yo driver accountable. We need to hold 16yo passengers accountable. Too bad she had to die, but it happens.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#54 Feb 5, 2013
This story is sad and most of the posts on her are sad. How many of you perhaps got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have?? I think we all have it are close to someone who has. Both families are suffering. This kid had to live with the rest if his life. Awful for both families.
another father

United States

#55 Feb 5, 2013
hi wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure she's been told not to get in the car with someone drinking. Unless she was kidnapped, she should be responsible for her own actions. I'm sure it wasn't her first time either. What's fair is fair. We would hold a 16yo driver accountable. We need to hold 16yo passengers accountable. Too bad she had to die, but it happens.
He was not drinking. He was high. Maybe she should of asked for a blood sample. He was the driver and he was responsible. I agree with prison time. I also agree and know this was not his first.#3. The old saying goes three strikes and you are out. Prison. Think about it.
hi

Coal City, IL

#56 Feb 5, 2013
Soap Box 101 wrote:
This story is sad and most of the posts on her are sad. How many of you perhaps got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have?? I think we all have it are close to someone who has. Both families are suffering. This kid had to live with the rest if his life. Awful for both families.
Regardless of how many reading this have driven when they shouldn't have, it's dumb. Any one of us who have done it could've had a similar fate.
hi

Coal City, IL

#57 Feb 5, 2013
another father wrote:
<quoted text>He was not drinking. He was high. Maybe she should of asked for a blood sample. He was the driver and he was responsible. I agree with prison time. I also agree and know this was not his first.#3. The old saying goes three strikes and you are out. Prison. Think about it.
I'm not defending this douche in any way. But I don't buy that he was under the influence and she didnt know about it. If she wouldn't have gotten in the truck, she wouldn't be dead. The crash may have occurred but she wouldn't have been involved.
Fellow Douche

United States

#58 Feb 5, 2013
If u knew the half of it, you wouldn't defend this creep. What about burglary(s) and pawn shops?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Grundy County Sheriff? 14 hr Just Sayin 8
Braceville asking to build new fire station 15 hr DSM 1
Why are all mechanics leaving Bob's Auto? 16 hr beachgoer 8
Drug arrests made in Braidwood, Wilmington (Nov '13) Wed Justagirl 58
puppies for sale (Feb '13) Wed puppy poo 23
Friday Night Football Tue UarePATHETIC 125
Grundy County Corruption (Sep '11) Mon FFT 61
Coal City Dating
Find my Match

Coal City Jobs