Attorney

United States

#213 Feb 17, 2013
Lawman wrote:
<quoted text> Are you that stupid? You are right. He was just arrested on a ton of charges because the officer was bored and had nothing to do. He is innocent. As pure as the fresh driven snow. Those JJC attorneys amaze me. Quit giving us your legal opinions. He is in a ton of trouble. Looking at prison time. And that is the bottom line.
Fact. It only needs to be proven it was in his blood system at the time of the accident. That is a fact. The lab report will tell all. Bottom line. I hope he has a GREAT attorney. He is going to need one. I think visitation at Stateville is on Wednesday's. Good luck.
hi again

United States

#214 Feb 17, 2013
hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read the evidence of his blood alcohol content?
It will be in the indictment. It was shared in open court at the arraingment.
Karma in comments

Chicago, IL

#215 Feb 17, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you just enjoy reading from parents defending their dirt bag son. He is a loser. Yes, he has made light of the accident. Yes, he is going to prison. We can only hope it is for a long time. She is dead. He is alive. That is the bottom line.
I am not a parent but I have known the family for over 20 years.
wow

Des Plaines, IL

#220 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>My question is, at what blood alcohol content constitutes a DUI? Does < .08 constitute a DUI?
Just because you're not a .08 or higher does not mean that you're not impaired. He's a piece of shit. The courts will sort it out :)
lawman

United States

#223 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>
So I have a question for you. Have you ever had a drink and drove? If you have then you are guilty but was never caught. I used to do pre-employment physicals for guys getting a CDL many years ago. Do you know that the physican conducted an experiment with the staff? What he did was he took a drop of alcohol, 1 drop, and placed it under his tongue. After that he had us test him to teach us that only a drop will blow a breath test off the charts. What he used was brandy. Lesson well learned. 1 drop of alcohol in the sublingual glands (under the tongue) will blow it every time. As for the blood test it will be more accurate. <0.08 is legally drunk. Correct or not.
A little knowledge is dangerous. Or you are an JJC attorney. When you get arrested for DUI the officer will take you to the p.d. You and the officer will wait 20 minutes before you blow into the machine. You (bad guy) get 20 minutes to relax. The 20 minutes assures it is a clean blow. Of course my favorite is the blood draw. Blood does not lie. What is in your blood is in your blood. So your drop of alcohol would be gone from your system well within the 20 minute wait. Come on people. We have been doing this for decades. Do you guy read this stuff on the bathroom stalls? A glass of wine, shot of whiskey, a beer - the rule of thumb for every drink it takes one hour for your body to clear it from the system. That is one drink - not drop. Think about it.
lawman

United States

#224 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would hope that if it goes to a jury trial that the jury reflects back to when they were 19 or even the present. Each and every one of them needs to ask themselves if they took a drink and drove when they were 19 or older. That would mean they drove legally impaired, correct? Isn't that what you are saying?
People have been charged for .05
If you are impaired you get charged. Some people just cannot handle their alcohol..08 is the standard. But not an absolute.
lawman

United States

#225 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a rhetorical question for you. You know about rhetorical questions correct? You do it all the time. Let's talk about the case where the CPD officer beat that bartender and it was all on camera. The bartender lost the case but when it went to a civil suit, the bartender was awarded a large sum of money because the CPD admitted in court that evidence was destroyed due to their precious code of silence. What is your opinion about that?
My response is crap happens. In Cook County there is really only two criminal charges. Disorderly and murder.
For those officer who had to deal with the Cook County S.A. will understand what I am saying. Hey, he lost his job and was sued. What more needs to be said.
Karma in comments

Chicago, IL

#227 Feb 17, 2013
lawman wrote:
<quoted text> A little knowledge is dangerous. Or you are an JJC attorney. When you get arrested for DUI the officer will take you to the p.d. You and the officer will wait 20 minutes before you blow into the machine. You (bad guy) get 20 minutes to relax. The 20 minutes assures it is a clean blow. Of course my favorite is the blood draw. Blood does not lie. What is in your blood is in your blood. So your drop of alcohol would be gone from your system well within the 20 minute wait. Come on people. We have been doing this for decades. Do you guy read this stuff on the bathroom stalls? A glass of wine, shot of whiskey, a beer - the rule of thumb for every drink it takes one hour for your body to clear it from the system. That is one drink - not drop. Think about it.
You are correct. A little knowledge is very dangerous. Nope, not an attorney, just someone who takes care of you guys when you're injured on the job......
wow

Des Plaines, IL

#228 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>Well I would hope that if it goes to a jury trial that the jury reflects back to when they were 19 or even the present. Each and every one of them needs to ask themselves if they took a drink and drove when they were 19 or older. That would mean they drove legally impaired, correct? Isn't that what you are saying?
That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying someone can appear to be impaired regardless if they are over .08 or not. And what does the jury's past experience have to do with anything? Besides, he was obviously driving like a prick. The amount of damage done to the vehicle is not indicative of driving safely due to the conditions. Screw him.
Karma in comments

Chicago, IL

#229 Feb 17, 2013
lawman wrote:
<quoted text> My response is crap happens. In Cook County there is really only two criminal charges. Disorderly and murder.
For those officer who had to deal with the Cook County S.A. will understand what I am saying. Hey, he lost his job and was sued. What more needs to be said.
Crap happens huh. Was it right or wrong what he did? Answer the question. He should have been relieved of his police powers immediately. His pay should have been suspended immediately. He was drunk correct? At what time did the CPD finally record his blood alcohol level? How many hours after beating that bartender was his blood alcohol level recorded? And I do mean hours. I know because I know the ER nurse who was involved in all of that. How was that right? Answer the question. He lost his job......but he did not go to jail did he. He should have though. His blood alcohol content wasn't recorded for hours. Wouldn't it be fair to say that he should have been treated the same as tax paying citizens who are civilians. Case in point, Matt gets arrested and charged for an incident with a neighbor......hmmmm. Shouldn't the CPD officers blood alcohol content have been recorded for court records the same as everyone else. Don't come at me with your "crap happens." Just cause you carry a badge does not give you people a license to abuse people and the system. Go on Justia documents and look at all of the cases. I find it sad that this is what the system has been reduced to. You obviously work in Morris or Grundy. I would hope that you are not becoming like the rest of the cops/system that we hear so much about in IL.
Get a clue

Shorewood, IL

#232 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>
And oh by the way, I was raised in a police family. An honest family. A family that actually cares about people and the system. A system that did not stand up for the "brothers" in the system but rather stood up for right and wrong. Didn't have that much coruption back then, not where I come from. A town of about 2000 people. Too bad it is not that way today. Hey I have an idea. Lets all become cops so we can all beat up on folks and not have our blood alcohol content tested for hours like that cop for the CPD. So that evidence can be hidden and we get off scott free without a conviction. Ahh so what if we only lose our jobs then we can be like half the country and mooch off everyone else and get free insurance, extended unemployment, maybe even a free cell phone. Yippie! What a sad sad world we live in and what the system has allowed to happen. It makes me sick. It makes me sick to watch the news every night. It makes me sick to read the paper. Is this what we as a society have become? Because if that is true then God help us all.
Seriously if your so concerned about the kid go be by his side 24-7 and stay the heck off here!!! Your obviously a family friend of his or you would of said what you had to say and been done with it!!!! And as for you working for occupational med, what dr would ever experiment like that??... Prolly a bigger idiot than you or not one at all!! Your bringing up cases that have nothing to even do with this!!! But when you do talk to your buddy someone should of whooped his ass for disrespecting her family by just showing up at the wake and not even asking!!! Her aunt should of beat his ass then!!

Since: Nov 11

Joliet, IL

#233 Feb 17, 2013
As a friend of the family you prob know how many times his parents have bailed him out for acting a fool. I don't know that number but I do know in one case they helped pay for something the he and another kid had stolen. The cops were not called. The victim did not call the cops cuz he thought he was doing the kid and his patents a favor.... Guess he should have pressed charges. The sad part is from what I have heard they won't evan know what incident I'm talking about cuz they have used there money to bail him out so many times. It sux if he didn't smoke any weed or drink the night it happened...... and it's sad, but people will judge you on your past actions... and this kids past actions are not that of a guy that hits a road trip at the club and don't have a few hitters or a beer.
Just a Father

United States

#235 Feb 17, 2013
I am hoping hwe gets 5-7 years. Even that he gets off lite. 2nd DUI. Hard prison time. When is visitation at Stateville?
Karma in comments

Chicago, IL

#238 Feb 17, 2013
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously if your so concerned about the kid go be by his side 24-7 and stay the heck off here!!! Your obviously a family friend of his or you would of said what you had to say and been done with it!!!! And as for you working for occupational med, what dr would ever experiment like that??... Prolly a bigger idiot than you or not one at all!! Your bringing up cases that have nothing to even do with this!!! But when you do talk to your buddy someone should of whooped his ass for disrespecting her family by just showing up at the wake and not even asking!!! Her aunt should of beat his ass then!!
Judge not lest ye be judged. Let those that are without sin among you cast the fisrt stone. Here you go "Get a clue" Cast the first stone. You are obviously free from sin aren't you according to your comments. Go ahead, cast the the stone. When you are judged, if you have ever taken a drink and drove, be prepared to answer for that. Not to me or anyone else, but an explaination to God as to how and why you judged others exempting yourself or even your family. What is your explaination. How are you perfact? Please tell us all and remember God knows what you post. Let's have it.
really

Braidwood, IL

#240 Feb 17, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
<quoted text>Judge not lest ye be judged. Let those that are without sin among you cast the fisrt stone. Here you go "Get a clue" Cast the first stone. You are obviously free from sin aren't you according to your comments. Go ahead, cast the the stone. When you are judged, if you have ever taken a drink and drove, be prepared to answer for that. Not to me or anyone else, but an explaination to God as to how and why you judged others exempting yourself or even your family. What is your explaination. How are you perfact? Please tell us all and remember God knows what you post. Let's have it.
Why does everyone have to start quoting the bible? God, if he even exists has nothing to do with any of the this. If he is real I sure hope he has more important things to worry about than what people are posting on topix! This post needs to be removed gone on long enough!!!
really

Braidwood, IL

#241 Feb 17, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Why does everyone have to start quoting the bible? God, if he even exists has nothing to do with any of the this. If he is real I sure hope he has more important things to worry about than what people are posting on topix! This post needs to be removed gone on long enough!!!
I'm sorry meant to say this entire thread needs to be removed not post. If God was watching would he really of let me make a mistake like that!
Just a Father

United States

#242 Feb 18, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
As a matter a fact, to everyone who has commented and taken a drink before driving I invite you to cast the first stone. Are you exempt from having a freak accident? Are you invinsible? It seems that most of you feel that you are. Like I said earlier, judge not lest ye be judged. I wonder how many states attornies out there experimented with drugs and never got caught. I wonder how many police officers have had a drink and drove never getting caught. Just trivia. Let's talk about judges. I was at a wedding reception 2 years ago at the VFW and saw a Grundy county judge leave after having 3 drinks. Yes I counted them. I pay attention. He drove too..... No one is exempt, they just never got caught. And I guarentee he was legally drunk. I stood up in that wedding. That judge married the bride and groom. A double edged sword in this world indeed. Orange vs. a black robe. Maybe more of us should wear black robes.
OK I have a slingshot. Who's first?
Prison Master

United States

#243 Feb 18, 2013
You parents must be pretty worried about your son and prison. Now you are swithcing to the religous approach.
They have preachers in prison too! To late for God. Time to repent and come forward with your sins. Hope for forgivness. Maybe the judge will give you four years instead of eight.
Get a clue

Shorewood, IL

#244 Feb 18, 2013
Karma in comments wrote:
I have only one thing to say. I hope you all never have children or grandchildren, nieces or nephews who are facing charges such as this. You proclaim that your families are so perfact. Remember, you will get the same help that you extended to others. Who are you to judge? Let those among you who are without sin cast the first stone. Are any of you without sin. Are any of you perfact and like God? Shame on you for proclaiming to be perfact.
I don't think one person on here said they were perfect!! Those words came out of your mouth!! Also no one is saying accidents don't happen but drinking and driving or driving under the influence of drugs is not an accident. It's something he could of controlled. Now has a lot of people prolly done it once in their lifetime I'm sure but there are a lot of people who have never done it all!! If you take that risk and get caught well then you pay the price!! And you were prolly the first one bashing Tom Brown when he hit the city worker after driving after he had been drinking but he should get no punishment because according to you everyone had drank and then drove!! Get a clue!!! You do the crime you do the time!!!
Phil McCrackin

Cicero, IL

#245 Feb 18, 2013
Lol @ god. Lol @ religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shots fired call leads to arrests of teens 5 hr Curious 1
Nick can still Blow Me. 8 hr Bob 2
Wesley Township Watchers (Feb '09) 8 hr Mom of 2 12
Icy sidewalks in coal city 10 hr Alley 5
Gay and Lesbian Travel Agent 12 hr Bob 6
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Mon JustSaying 264
Goodwill Store in Morris (Nov '14) Sun People hater 3

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance