JR "Coaler" Service Center

Posted in the Coal City Forum

Broke car owner

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Apr 10, 2012
Took car in for a brake job and once over to check out car before it reached the 100,000 warranty expiration on a Wednesday. After finding 2 more repairs (which where covered under the warranty thank goodness!) that I said I needed even if NOT covered by by warranty to fix it takes the girl at the desk until FRIDAY to order parts!!! Yes, we've all been new at a job but come on, 3 days to order parts??? If your looking for a TIMELY repair shop close to home this is NOT the place for you. Nothing like getting the call 15 minutes before the shop closes to say "Hey, your car will be ready in 10 minutes for pick-up" Hell, it only took 5 days.
Astro Van

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 10, 2012
Broke car owner wrote:
Took car in for a brake job and once over to check out car before it reached the 100,000 warranty expiration on a Wednesday. After finding 2 more repairs (which where covered under the warranty thank goodness!) that I said I needed even if NOT covered by by warranty to fix it takes the girl at the desk until FRIDAY to order parts!!! Yes, we've all been new at a job but come on, 3 days to order parts??? If your looking for a TIMELY repair shop close to home this is NOT the place for you. Nothing like getting the call 15 minutes before the shop closes to say "Hey, your car will be ready in 10 minutes for pick-up" Hell, it only took 5 days.
Don't feel bad. The only reason they still work on my van is because they dd the original work and after the 6th time of trying to repair it and do it right I threatened to goto the better business assc. And since then I have not truly had any issues with my van

But I won't ever go there ever again. Not even for them to put my gas cap on

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 10, 2012
Astro Van wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad. The only reason they still work on my van is because they dd the original work and after the 6th time of trying to repair it and do it right I threatened to goto the better business assc. And since then I have not truly had any issues with my van
But I won't ever go there ever again. Not even for them to put my gas cap on
I can help you with the gas cap. I'm pretty good at it and I don't charge much.
coal city courant

Warrenville, IL

#4 Apr 11, 2012
they did a nice job on our van. lighten up people.i would go back and reasonable prices too.
Anonymous

Willow Springs, IL

#5 May 21, 2012
After a $1300 repair bill which all but $100 was covered due to warranty car still was acting the same way as when I took it in. Took to a different repair shop and WOW the repairs they said needed to be done wasn't even the problem. BIG SURPRISE! But hell, I got to drive their "free loaner" Toyota Corolla trash can on wheels, smelled like a dirty ashtray, rotted floor boards and trunk for 5 days. Then that stupid A$$ women that states every other sentence "i'm new" for the excuse for her STUPIDITY has the brass balls to call and ask "How was our service? Car is running GREAT right" Thank god my answering machine picked up because I am pretty sure I would not have been to lady like in my reply. Save your time, money and the aggravation and take your care to a GREAT repair shop NOT this hack joint.
Anonymous

Willow Springs, IL

#6 May 21, 2012
coal city courant wrote:
they did a nice job on our van. lighten up people.i would go back and reasonable prices too.
If they had diagnosed the problem correctly and fixed it correctly I would be the first person in line to take any one of my cars for repairs there. Supporting my local businesses not only benefits them but myself also. Bad service is bad service. You go to a doctor and he tells you need to have your left big toe taken off and you wake up after surgery and find the right toe gone you going to go back to him for a second go around? I think not. Your paying for the service- it wasn't a "FREE DIAGNOSIS" and a "FREE REPAIR" I demand and expect the service I pay for to be done RIGHT the first time. Pretty sure anyone who works and earns a hard days pay would feel the same way. You betcha I have been spreading the word to anyone and everyone about the poor quality repair service I received.
gotwheels2012

Braceville, IL

#7 May 21, 2012
I've had many repairs done over the years with that company and got great service and fair prices too. What shop ever follows up with their customer with a phone call just to make sure that customer is satisfied? One that cares about it's quality. Some people are just ungreatful when it comes to the use of a "free car" when theirs is down for repairs. Maybe you can find a shop that has BMW loaners for free. Maybe you should complain to the person asking for your opinion since that maybe the one to make a change that satisfies you although, I doubt that is even possible.
Anonymous

Willow Springs, IL

#8 May 21, 2012
gotwheels2012 wrote:
I've had many repairs done over the years with that company and got great service and fair prices too. What shop ever follows up with their customer with a phone call just to make sure that customer is satisfied? One that cares about it's quality. Some people are just ungreatful when it comes to the use of a "free car" when theirs is down for repairs. Maybe you can find a shop that has BMW loaners for free. Maybe you should complain to the person asking for your opinion since that maybe the one to make a change that satisfies you although, I doubt that is even possible.
Hey, if the repair would of been done CORRECTLY and TIMELY the FIRST time I would be the first in line to blow their horn. Poor service and even worse workmanship I let it be known. No car should take 6 days for brake pads, ball joints and struts. But when you have a idiot women working the desk who doesn't order the parts for 3 days thats what happens. AND thats what the mechanic told me -The loaner car want to see you put your spouse or 17 yr old in it. Wouldn't happen it was a peice of $Hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most hated cop in town (Apr '08) 3 hr I deserved it 72
With a capital Snedecker? 5 hr educated 11
metra schedules special stop on 4-8-2015 in fro... 7 hr hilarious 4
And the Winner Is!!! 8 hr to be or not to be 2
Coal City Library 10 hr Taxpayer 1
Varsity volleyball coal city Dec 22 really 16
Basketball 2014-15 Dec 21 vballfan 5
Coal City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coal City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coal City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young