First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newspaper Junkie

Wilmington, IL

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Has anyone in the area experienced problems with their newspaper delivery?
I have not seen my paper in the last two weeks. Call to complain and no change. Called Tribune today and was told that their having problems in the area. I guess they meant that they can not keep a decent delivery driver.

This happening to any one else??
dawx

Wheaton, IL

#2 Mar 25, 2013
It's a problem here in Morris. Trib is often late. Calling or emailing to complain doesn't change anything. Call and get a credit for every missing paper.
No more bull

Wilmington, IL

#3 Mar 28, 2013
I'm from the Coal City/Diamond area. I have the same problem. We've received one paper in the last two weeks. Today was the last straw! I called to complain and ended up cancelling my paper.

It's a shame! So many people out of work and they can't seem to find a responsible delivery person.

Funny thing is at Xmas time the delivery woman in the area send out cards to her route customers in hopes of getting a monetary thank you.
She doesn't deserve crap!
JustSayin

Wilmington, IL

#4 Mar 29, 2013
If you haven't received your paper in 2 weeks and still. Have the account, y'all are dorks. Just saying. Lol
barb

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2013
C'mon. You act like delivering papers is a piece of cake. Those deliverers don't get one day off.
The have to start getting the papers ready in the middle of the night, to start delivering them by some ungodly hour.
I would imagine when someone quits or gets sick, that puts double work on the other delivery people, and I bet that is why there is a disruption in your deliveries.
Why don't all you complainers apply for the job.
Make sure you have a decent running car, and are prepared to get it fixed immediately if it breaks down. You don't know how lucky you are!
PaperBoy

Wilmington, IL

#6 Mar 31, 2013
No one said it was easy. Put myself through school getting up at 3am stuffing and sleeving the little bastards and wore out 6 bikes and a car. Was it worth it. Yes😇
Do it

Wilmington, IL

#7 May 9, 2013
Job do it correct or get fired.
Carrier

Wilmington, IL

#8 May 9, 2013
Do it wrote:
Job do it correct or get fired.
Did you just wake up. It's a paper rt.
fire me. Hahaha
Paper

Wilmington, IL

#9 May 27, 2013
Should still get the job done properly. No paper delivered you should not receive paycheck.
SpongeBob

Wilmington, IL

#10 May 27, 2013
Paper wrote:
Should still get the job done properly. No paper delivered you should not receive paycheck.
Read it online. Hug a tree
i got it

Streamwood, IL

#11 May 27, 2013
I had a 3 month subscription for a kids school fundrasier that expired a year ago and i still get the paper .......i must be getting yours
resident

Wilmington, IL

#12 May 27, 2013
Read it online. It's never late, never wet and it is free. I read the Courant online but also buy the paper. I believe in supporting local business.
Worm

Wilmington, IL

#13 May 30, 2013
Online is a good option. I will try it. This is a free service?
Shasta

Naperville, IL

#14 May 30, 2013
Worm wrote:
Online is a good option. I will try it. This is a free service?
Nothing in life is free. If ur reading the newspaper for free ur committing piracy!!!
It is free

Chicago, IL

#15 May 30, 2013
Actually, you can read the Joliet Herald News, Chicago Sun Times, and the Chicago Tribune for no charge. I'm not sure about other ones but I look at those three papers regularly without the need for an account.
JustSayin

Chicago, IL

#16 May 30, 2013
All the one mentioned have limited reading. Still ya get a lot for free
Driver

Wilmington, IL

#17 Jul 31, 2013
Tip the driver and you will get good delivery. I give $5 week and she puts paper in mailbox.
paper boy 2

Morris, IL

#18 Jul 31, 2013
just for everyone out there that thinks a paper boy cares about their paycheck they dont they suck...badly suck.....tips are the best part of the job and if you dont routinely tip us you won;t get good service....
paper boy 2

Morris, IL

#19 Jul 31, 2013
sorry i speak the truth i have a great set of customers they tip regularly so they get great service and extras meaning i take their trash up for them i am on time they are dry ect....but i also have sucky customers who get the paper everyday at the end of the driveway tip the paper boy you get good service.....its not hard....throw money to paper boy instead of beer and drugs
Tippy

Wilmington, IL

#20 Aug 1, 2013
I always tip for holidays but assumed they were paid well. I will now tip and see if service is better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To all OBAMA LOVERS 9 hr Maude 1
Bob got them again, they pulled isnt it funny ad. 14 hr Grimus 6
Bob's Auto hiring again 18 hr nobody 3
cold outside Thu Warm 11
Hey Girot Wed Good luck 1
Creepy Guy (Oct '12) Wed JustSaying 12
Mayor Rulien in disarray. Wed patron 4
Coal City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web