Radio Shack - Morris
Fox

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2010
I purchased a weather radio for $30.00 from Radio Shack in Morris. I donated the weather radio to the children's home in Dwight - Fox Center.. After the recent tornado I thought it would give them some notice of approaching bad weather. Bought the weather radio in June, it stopped working in August. I took it back to Radio Shack and was told, "you should have purchased the extended warranty". They would not replace it! The Manager was rude and ignorant! This is bad business. Selling junk is just plain wrong. Taking advantage of handicapped children is even more wrong. I thought Radio Shack was a class act ... WRONG! I will never shop at the Morris Radio Shack again.
Have others had similar problems?
Sara

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2010
I have had the same problem. My teenage sons are there all the time. They will not back the quality.
Did they really do that to the children at Fox Center? That is really bad. Fox Developmental Center is a home for little angels. Those children are so sweet. Shame on Radio Shack.
Brian in Morris

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2010
That is horrible. This is their weekend in Dwight - Harvest Days. Big fundraiser time for Fox. I always support their raffle and events. I suggest writing corporate. They will not be happy.
Local 150

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2010
We support the kids at Fox. What radio shack is doing is bullshit.
Shawshank

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 18, 2010
Local 150 wrote:
We support the kids at Fox.
You'd have to support them...sure wouldn't or couldn't be the other way around. Can't think of anyone that could supoort you big, fat, KFC lard ass, Crawford.
Local 150

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2010
Shawshank wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to support them...sure wouldn't or couldn't be the other way around. Can't think of anyone that could supoort you big, fat, KFC lard ass, Crawford.
Hey douche this is not Crawford and this is a good cause to support. Don't need bullshit on this issue. Looking for support, not morons.
Heffer Shelly

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Shawshank wrote:
<quoted text>
You are my HERO Shawshank!
The "Heffer" club is growing against Crawford the happy meal eating ASSWIPE! What sick person rattles on about my daughter as he does? So, anyways I just have to know who you are to thank you in person. My neighbors said you could be Valary Wharrie or Joe Phillups???? They told me you two hate Chris. I don't know you personally, think I know Valary, but I love you both. Chris deserves every minute of this!! I see many people from all generations have figured this out.
Shawshank

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Heffer Shelly wrote:
<quoted text>You are my HERO Shawshank!
The "Heffer" club is growing against Crawford the happy meal eating ASSWIPE! What sick person rattles on about my daughter as he does? So, anyways I just have to know who you are to thank you in person. My neighbors said you could be Valary Wharrie or Joe Phillups???? They told me you two hate Chris. I don't know you personally, think I know Valary, but I love you both. Chris deserves every minute of this!! I see many people from all generations have figured this out.
I'm Tired of Noobs, Bend Over Coal City Bob, Bend Over Holm, Double Dog Douche, Shawshank and I forget who f cking else.
Nah, I'm not Val or Joey. But I'm sure most everyone on here knows me.
mark

Wilmington, IL

#9 Sep 18, 2010
I have always been informed of a 30 day return policy!
Plus the manufacture has thier warrenty to cover suck problems...
Fox

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2010
mark wrote:
I have always been informed of a 30 day return policy!
Plus the manufacture has thier warrenty to cover suck problems...
Not in this case. Manager is being very difficult. Hoping for some sort of compromise on Monday. Is there always strange people who jump into conversations?
bend over coal city bob

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Sep 18, 2010
Fox wrote:
<quoted text> Is there always strange people who jump into conversations?
need you ask? this entire site is strange f ckin
people jumping into meaningless conversation.
next time, why don't you write a letter to
ann landers if you don't want to deal with strange people
jumping into your shit.
oh and sorry radioshack are dickwads
about guaranteeing their product to the fox center
we should boycott their ass
it ain't cool to be uncool to
such a great organization
echo

Joliet, IL

#13 Sep 19, 2010
The problem is the Radio Shacks in this are not "corporate" stores.

Wilmington, Morris and Channahon are owned by a private individual.

I would have to say the best thing you can do is shop, out of town and give your business to the corporate store.

You can even go to the radio shack web site and email corporate.

Then, go to the next step

Contact Midland Radio

http://www.midlandradio.com/Contact-Us

Let us know what happens
Other mean ole lady

Naperville, IL

#15 Sep 19, 2010
Mean office lady if you dont like it go somewhere else and if you had an issue why didnt you bring it up then instead of lets see "backstabbing" her on coal city topix seems like petty BS who's calling the keetle black nice
mark

Wilmington, IL

#16 Sep 19, 2010
Fox; You are saying the manager should go against Company policies?????
Or go against the rules and regulations??
Did you go there before the 30 days?
I read not!! Did you contact the manfucture? I read NOT!!!
If everyone went against Company policies, we ALL work be with out work!
I am not against charity groups, Just worried about the rules and regs that govern this COUNTRY...
mark

Wilmington, IL

#17 Sep 19, 2010
Next time don't buy the cheap one!!
Tired Of Noobs

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Sep 19, 2010
all stores have their
policies. employees
have to follow them
if they expect to continue
being an employee.
i agree you get what you pay for
ive spent 30 bucks on
junk food and ended up
with the craps
i dont go back to the store
and ask them to replace the stuff
i bought. i buy better food
that dont give me the craps
former RS empl

Trussville, AL

#19 Sep 19, 2010
I have worked with the manager at this store and know that she works her butt off for all her customers. She spends extra time at work every night to make sure that store is everything it can be. I also know that the employees at the store were not informed that the radio was for the Fox center. Had they been there might have been a solution. Also everyone is informed of the 30 day return policy it's even printed on the receipt. Further more if the weather radio was purchaced for the Fox center the extemded warranty probably would have been a good idea. I find it shameful on your behalf that you would make a post and then not stateing the whole truth.
Sci Fi Wasabi

Hinsdale, IL

#20 Sep 21, 2010
former RS empl wrote:
I have worked with the manager at this store and know that she works her butt off for all her customers. She spends extra time at work every night to make sure that store is everything it can be. I also know that the employees at the store were not informed that the radio was for the Fox center. Had they been there might have been a solution. Also everyone is informed of the 30 day return policy it's even printed on the receipt. Further more if the weather radio was purchaced for the Fox center the extemded warranty probably would have been a good idea. I find it shameful on your behalf that you would make a post and then not stateing the whole truth.
I tend to agree with you. I have never had any difficulties with any Radio Shack franchise, however, I think there probably was a communication gap between Fox and the store manager. He probably didn't tell them it was for the Fox Center, and if he had they probabbly would have done things different even if it went against store policy.
Btw, I am a collector of radios and you can't touch anything of high quality these days for under $100. Any radio expert would tell you that.
Michael

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2012
The Radio Shack in Morris sells junk. It is not cheap and does not last long. Then when you complain the lady behind the counter has the gall to look you in the eye and say, "You should have purchased the extended warranty". I say I will take my business elesewhere. Between the poor customer service and poorly made products, I will take my money else where. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
Don

United States

#22 Mar 25, 2012
Radio Shack blows. I had the same experience. Low quality product at high prices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls basketball coach 4 hr Go Back To Gardner 30
50 cent 7 hr Don 5
Braidwood Mayor driving His Illegal Jeep. 21 hr Don 12
Train horns. Tue Signalman 9
guitar lessons Sep 27 jolietjim 3
Old pizza place that used to be in CC. Sep 26 JAke 2
Get what you deserve Sep 24 chtrucker 3

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance