Coaler Varsity Football
The Truth

Wilmington, IL

#30 Sep 15, 2012
Last nites loss was a team loss in every aspect. Interceptions, dropped passes, fumbles,missed tackles, you name it, they did it. I do agree with you, when your losing by 5 touchdowns, why are you having your starting qb running the ball with 5 min to go in the game??? Let other kids get the chance to play, they were not coming back in this game. I dont see it getting any better at Sandwich or Plano either. The play calling is also a head scratcher most the time, when you have wide receivers 6 inches taller than defenders, you would think we might try to exploit the advantage. No lets try running up the middle with our 125 lb running back.
Wise

Coal City, IL

#33 Sep 16, 2012
If you parents want your kids to play the next level, do your own rcruiting. Coal City is the worst team for getting your kids names out to schools. Send game tape not a highlight tape to schools. Transfer to Morris if u really wanna get seen
Myra

Warrenville, IL

#34 Sep 16, 2012
Wise wrote:
If you parents want your kids to play the next level, do your own rcruiting. Coal City is the worst team for getting your kids names out to schools. Send game tape not a highlight tape to schools. Transfer to Morris if u really wanna get seen
Coal City doesn't have anyone worth being seen from what I have saw this year. Morris has big time players just look at the kids and you can see the difference in size alone. Coal City does not have the players to play at the next level just face it. Coal City kids just don't want to work hard like it takes from what I hear. Parents think their kids can play at the next level but in all reality most can't. Coal City kids would not see the field in Morris let alone get recruited. They would be on the sidelines with the rest of wanna bees. If you want your kid to play somewhere it is best to look into it yourself anyway that is what the Morris kids have done. 4A Football does not get many kids recruited unless they are exceptional and Coal City does not have that this year at all. Just a bunch of average players and no size. College's don't want small lazy kids crying to their parents all the time or parents crying about the coaches.
Fool

Warrenville, IL

#36 Sep 17, 2012
Wise wrote:
If your son is good enough the Colleges will find him don't worry. Obviously noone has found your son. That is a clue there is no one interested. I hope you don't send any game film from this years team because no one on this team is worth recruiting. Best your kid will get is a small school and probably not even play there. I see you parents at these games and you think your kids are so great. Well must not be to great if no colleges are calling. Go to college to get an education not play football.
Jerry Sandusky

Wilmington, IL

#37 Sep 18, 2012
I see this sh!t every year. What the parents need to do is actually watch the practices and see for yourself.

Some of these kids are lazy, the coaches are looking for those who WANT TO PLAY not the one who's PARENTS WANT THEM TO PLAY. The coaches are not going to beg your kid to participate in practice, the kid has to want it!

It has nothing to do with "upper crust" If your kid isn't getting the play tome you think he deserves, GO WATCH HIM PRACTICE!

Weight lifting is very important in football, these kids need strength.

I see parents drop off their kids for weight lifting and some kids will jack around playing grab ass or texting their girl friends in stead of lifting. I also see the kids with a lot of playing time lifting quite a bit.

BUT NO, the parents don't believe that, their angels can do no wrong.

If your kid is lazy at home, you can bet he is lazy in practice and weightlifting!

Quit blaming the coach because your kid is not getting enough playing time, get to that practice.
cubbies

Coal City, IL

#40 Sep 20, 2012
Truth, they were not calling QB runs.over half those plays were busted pass plays.Wise You are exactly right if a person thinks that they have enough talent to move on to the next level If you do not get them north (I do not mean joliet) no one will ever even know them.We do have kids that could play for morris as much as I wish I would have stayed west.There is noway someone could make me beleive that our kids are the problem.Its evaluating and developing the right kids Thats the problem.I started going to C.C. football games the year before the championship.Has any noticed this since.The skill kids are getting smaller.The last year I was able to get out the whole year was one of the smith kids last year.him and the Q.B. were the only skill players on the field that had any size.Football speed is tested at the 40 yard mark.for some reason blazing speed seams to carry way too much importance here.And when you develop blazing speed from freshman year you get too many under sized kids who you have too much time invested in when they are on the varsity.There is nothing rong with develping some very fast kids.The problem is that that does not translate at the high school level.in high school you could probably throw out the 40 speed and just go by 20 speed.That will translate to bigger kids at the skill spots and you will not end up with 5 foot 4 kids going against 6 footers which is already happing at the lower levels.But grip on the playing time is from a personal conversation with a decision maker that someone not being eligible to play in the first friday and first monday game would be a problem.So oppurtunities are passed and he stands there watching.You add that with what is no clear plan on development and its sad.I do not know about the other kids but the one I know the best has no problem in maxing out in what he is supposed to be doing.To make a general statement like that is nothing short of assinine.Not only did he start lifting after school 4 months early he put enough muscle on that he went from throwing from 54 feet last fall @80-82 mph that when spring came around he was throwing 86-88 mph from 60 6 inches.That can not happen without lifting.Anyway back to whats what I have never said my kid should be here or there but till the coaches see these kids in games doing what they are practicing NOBOBY knows and thats the point.If someone over a course of time keeps doing the same thing over and over and thats the system something wrong.I buy the fridays herald news.Have not for @4 years but thought I would keep up with highschool footbal again.not that far back and EVERY friday paper there would be something about C.C. football.Sometimes the articles were short other times it was good P.R. for the program and the kids mentioned.There has been nothing this year.as far as that goes there is nothing about teams in the conference.That could be the problem we play to win or do the best we can in our conference(Which is a first step)When actually we should be tailering things for the playoffs.if we are not playing in the quaters every year there is a problem.Again player development.With one of the better skill players gone on the varsity Think about this in closing.At halftime friday the season will be half over.iS THERE any pler on JV WITHOUT that you can sit there and say.boy will he fit in next year or man can not wait to see what he can do on the varsity.I say nobody.Then think that over half those guys will be on the varsity next year.Its development.If any coach has kids on any team that are so lazy that it impacts the team and does not get rid of them the cach should be fired
WOW

Downers Grove, IL

#42 Sep 20, 2012
You really have issue's if you're wound this tight over HS football especially at the freshman level.
Take it for what it is, a game and it become much more enjoyable and remember 5 years from now what he did or didn't do on the field won't matter.
Let me guess you're the guy I see filming the kids with the IPad? Do you then go home and break it down with him explaining how much better "HE" could be if only they saw things YOUR way???
Sad, Really Really Sad.
Fool

Warrenville, IL

#43 Sep 20, 2012
cubbies wrote:
Truth, they were not calling Qe kids in games doing what they are practicing NOBOBY knows and thats the point.If someone over a course of time keeps doing the same thing over and over and thats the system something wrong.I buy the fridays herald news.Have not for @4 years but thought I would keep up with highschool footbal again.not that far back and EVERY friday paper there would be something about C.C. football.Sometimes the articles were short other times it was good P.R. for the program and the kids mentioned.There has been nothing this year.as far as that goes there is nothing about teams in the conference.That could be the problem we play to win or do the best we can in our conference(Which is a first step)When actually we should be tailering things for the playoffs.if we are not playing in the quaters every year there is a problem.Again player development.With one of the better skill players gone on the varsity Think about this in closing.At halftime friday the season will be half over.iS THERE any pler on JV WITHOUT that you can sit there and say.boy will he fit in next year or man can not wait to see what he can do on the varsity.I say nobody.Then think that over half those guys will be on the varsity next year.Its development.If any coach has kids on any team that are so lazy that it impacts the team and does not get rid of them the cach should be fired
This is about the dumbest SH$t I have ever heard. The kids are small weak and slow because they don't work hard enough. None of the kids could play on Morris once again you are dreaming. Parents just don't get what it takes to move on to the next level. You do have to put time in outside what the program requires to be successful in any sport. Moving north is not going to do anything for these kids they would just have to go up against better athletes and then they would never play. At least in CC they are getting to play and getting better at what they do. Fresh level is only for development and come varsity you will see who shines and who doesn,t. Practice and work ethic are the key to playing and being good. Just showing up to practice and weight room does not mean you are good its what you do at practice and weight room that separates the good from the bad. Noone in CC cares about baseball. Cc baseball does not even get out of regionals so hope you enjoy this in the years to come Don.
Former Coach

Coal City, IL

#47 Sep 22, 2012
I believe that the current coaches are developing the right players, in the right spots. If you actually know what your talking about you would understand that the big red head is your best athlete and you would play him in a spot that he has the opportunity to make big plays. Sitting behind center and handing the ball off or throwing the ball to lesser athletes who are not capable of the big play would be a waste of his talent. If I were the kids guardian I would shut my mouth and let the people that really know what they are talking about do there job. He is a tremendous athlete who is going to have a bright future in the Coaler program. Also if you think it's the coaches that are the problem then why has Coal City been one of the most successful programs in our conference and area in the last 15 years. I will tell you why, it's because the coaches do know what they are doing and they do give a damn about this program. So please for the sake of Brad shut up and let the kid play instead of bitching and putting all this negativity in his head. The only thing at this point that can hurt his chances of getting a varsity jersey next year and getting some vary valuable experience is your big mouth.
The Truth

Wilmington, IL

#50 Sep 22, 2012
Way to jinx the big redhead Don. He had 3 lost fumbles last nite on special teams. Keep talking.And quit bragging about how fast he can throw a baseball, he wont be on varsity next year anyway.And it doesnt matter how hard you can throw, if you cant throw strikes,your in the outfield.
It is a shame

Joliet, IL

#51 Sep 24, 2012
The interstate 8 has to do something about their scheduling. After 34 consecutive years of playing each other Seneca and Coal City will not play this year or for the next few years, Granted CC has been the dominate team the last few years but it was always a fun rivalry that starts at the youth level. It is a shame that 2 schools that are separated by a 25 minute drive will not be playing against each other. My son has always enjoyed playing against CC, at the youth level. The games have always been competitive and he circles the date when he plays CC because he knows that if his team beats them they have beaten their main rival. the I eight says there has to be a rotating schedule and have bragging rights for a year. So hopefully the I 8 can rectify this scheduling situation and have Seneca and CC play every year again. Win or lose it has always been fun and excitung games from both teams. From an Irish fan to the Coalers good luck in football this year and hopefully the irish and Coalers will be meeting soon on the field.

Since: Sep 12

Coal City, IL

#54 Sep 27, 2012
I think we should meet in the bank parking lot.I will bring the pitch forks everyone bring a tourch we can go over to the dads house and put an end to this. whos in?we have all be given a great peice of advice at a point in our lives which is.Do not beleive anything you read and only half what you see.Other than TWO glaring facts in the hated posts that even I know are not true lets stick to one that should serve pause.When the first post was posted the kid involved already had TWO games under his belt of basically never leaving the feild which included 90% of the time at the 1 spot.He also had two other games that put him on the field 70% of the time.There is NO inside info in either post.The redhead is over at my house enough that I knew everything mentioned not pertaining to football.The football stuff all you had to do to know those items is go to the games and PAY ATTENTION.Did the kid not play a ton at the beginning? Not so much.Has anyone thought that as the season has progressed others are losing field time and the redhead is gaining?I do not post on threads alot but I do fill my time in reading them.No matter how intense.vulgar.rasist. you name it I have never seen anyone assume that because of the words in a post convience people that they knew the auther and post someones name and pin it directly to a post.Before we all keep assuming that we know who posted because one or two people tied a name to things lets all remember what they say about the word ASSUME.It is a small town and god forbib that something thats ASSUMED should have any type of effect on anyone

Coal City, IL

#55 Sep 27, 2012
I agree.I think something was lost when the conference was split.For one thing there are no more out of conference games.That was always a good test before the season began.
breathing deep

Wilmington, IL

#59 Sep 30, 2012
deep breath you might be one of the dumbest people on this planet, nothing of what you said made any since. you are probably one of the kids dads who dont play and you want to cry about it like the rest, if your kid was good enough he would be on the field, last time I checked they are 5-1, thats not to bad in my book...but you are the man, you are the fence coach..you know the keys to victory , where were you when they were taking coaching applications???? Do yourself and the entire world a favor and loose the ability to type or speak

Coal City, IL

#60 Oct 1, 2012
Breathing deep.Sounds like I hit a nerve.Could it be you fit the profile of last post?sure sounds like it.Nothing was said in the negative about any kid,parent.coach,play calling,any of the teams.Yet somehow thats not how you read it.From your post sounds like not only could you be posting on one or more post# but also may have expanded to using the paper also......P.S....When reading a thread discussion try to start at the beginning
coalerdad

United States

#70 Nov 26, 2012
I undertand what you are saying but let it go. It was a good season and it is over. Time to move on. I'm glad my son is done with the program too.
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#76 Nov 28, 2012
Just out of curiosity how many of these kids that got screwed over went and busted their tails and tried to make a college team as a walk on?
Come Again

Downers Grove, IL

#81 Nov 28, 2012
Coaler Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%. Fewer and fewer students are going out for sports. O is going to ruin the sport like McDowell.
Great numbers went out this year, 24 seniors, 22 juniors I believe. It's actually increasing but nice try.
Wah wah wah

Schiller Park, IL

#88 Dec 3, 2012
If there is such a problem, why don't some of you pu&&ies step in front of the school board and make these complaints? You know why, either you have no balls or you're full of sh1t

Take your crybaby crap to the board or stay in your moms basement.

How's that for simple?
ccc

Irving, TX

#97 Dec 4, 2012
Coaler fan wrote:
FYI There is a chain that must be followed. You can't go to the board first. Don't worry, things are in motion. Hope it helps.
Give me a break!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tessler what a joke 19 hr Curious? 3
Godley Park District going downhill... FAST! Tue truth 49
Green light in the sky? (Dec '08) Tue Unknown 202
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest Tue judge judy 5
Berkots...cut the crap! (Feb '10) May 25 Jolene Gero 100
Coalers Varsity Baseball May 24 Whatwasthat 104
ann marie May 23 joe 1
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE