Jim

Wilmington, IL

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Is anyone aware if thr baseball teams at our schools include students from private schools? I was told Wilmington uses players from the local Catholic school so they can field a better team. I don't think it is fair that the Wilmington town team should compete with Coal Cities pulic school team.
frito bandito

Braidwood, IL

#2 Aug 31, 2012
You know what else isnt fair? Life. Get over it
Yeps

La Grange, IL

#3 Aug 31, 2012
And taxes, and only having two evil choices for pres. WoW !! Life really isn't fair?
jim

Wilmington, IL

#4 Sep 2, 2012
Sorry you have a hard time staying on topic.
Yeps wrote:
And taxes, and only having two evil choices for pres. WoW !! Life really isn't fair?
hillbilly jim

Palatine, IL

#5 Sep 2, 2012
its not like the kids from the catholic school are there on athletic scholarships. this isnt college dude. thre is about maybe 20 or 30 kids per grade there. just because someone wants to believe in god and go to a catholic school doesnt mean they are any different than the public school kids. if the kids at the catholic school werent allowed to play with the public schools teams they wouldnt get the oppritunity to play school athletics. i think wilmington is being pretty nice and pretty fair to give them the oppritunity to have a decent childhood. if coal city and braidwood had catholic schools im sure they would be doing the same thing.
coach

Downers Grove, IL

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Maybe if we just beat them on the field there would be no issues.
Captain Spaulding

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Jim wrote:
Is anyone aware if thr baseball teams at our schools include students from private schools? I was told Wilmington uses players from the local Catholic school so they can field a better team. I don't think it is fair that the Wilmington town team should compete with Coal Cities pulic school team.
The rules state that if a private school resides within a public school district and the private school does not provide a sport that the public school has a student has the right to tryout for the public school team as long as they reside in the public school district. Don't wine cause they beat your ass and your trying to find excuses!!!!!!
hillbilly jim

Palatine, IL

#9 Sep 4, 2012
Captain Spaulding wrote:
<quoted text>
The rules state that if a private school resides within a public school district and the private school does not provide a sport that the public school has a student has the right to tryout for the public school team as long as they reside in the public school district. Don't wine cause they beat your ass and your trying to find excuses!!!!!!
basically what i said. seems like a perfectly good rule. all kids from the same town. just different schools. catholic schools have small class numbers anyhow.
Yup

Wilmington, IL

#10 Sep 7, 2012
Captain Spaulding is correct -- if the private school doesn't/can't offer the sport, the private school student can join the public school team -- after all, not only do private school parents pay tuition, they ALSO pay taxes to the public school. Those kids DO have to try out -- Wilmington schools didn't "recruit" them, these kids showed up to try out for the team and were good enough to make the team. The A team doesn't have any private school students on their team and they beat Coal City 10-0 ... so explain THAT one!
hillbilly jim

Palatine, IL

#12 Sep 7, 2012
God. they had God on their team. thats how they beat coal city. only logical explanation.
DJLJC

Wilmington, IL

#13 Oct 11, 2012
Jim wrote:
Is it because they don't have enough students to make their own team? St. Rose is a small school. It would give kids a chance to play a sport if it isn't available to them.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#16 Oct 16, 2012
Any reason why Wilmington track team looks like football practice
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#17 Oct 16, 2012
I imagine the high schoolers must be really proud of the adults posts on here.......
one testicle

Winfield, IL

#19 Oct 16, 2012
it looks like football practice because nobody cares about track and it's a prefect opportunity to get ready for football. they call it spring ball.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2012
Did them a lot if good this year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware Heroin Dealers You Are Going Down 18 hr Mom of Addict 5
Owner Rachetti's paying managers under the table Sat hahqjwiwoq 32
Church bulletins Fri Cardinal Manicotti 2
News Guest blog Fri Man 2
News Diamond man, Coal City woman arrested on felony... Fri Barb 23
Hoping for an all-inclusive playground Thu Bruce 1
Bugg honored as Superintendent of Distinction Thu Tammy 1
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE