Boycott BP Amoco Gas Stations

Posted in the Coal City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
American Pride

Bloomington, IN

#1 May 23, 2010
It's been over a month since the oil rig toppled in the Gulf and BP Amoco can't get the thing under control. The whole time polluting the waters and beaches of our great Country. Taking their own sweet time, now the US Government may have to step in to get some sort of resolution to the debacle. No doubt this will cost the taxpayers money at a time when we have none.
Let's all band together and force BP to put the proper resources in place to get the oil well stopped. By boycotting all BP Amoco gas stations we will send a clear message to the company that we Americans will not stand for their ignorance. Watch how fast they will get the thing fixed if nationwide people stop pulling into BP. It's not a big deal to visit the next gas vendor be it Shell, Marathon or some other. Boycott BP, viva America!

“Fed-up”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 May 23, 2010
It would be nice if there was a way to punish BP but not the local people that own the local stations. Maybe buying gas somewhere else and getting your coffee and other crap from inside still? I hear what you are saying but I'm guessing that maybe you own a shell.
Coal City guy

Bloomington, IN

#3 May 23, 2010
infidel77 wrote:
It would be nice if there was a way to punish BP but not the local people that own the local stations. Maybe buying gas somewhere else and getting your coffee and other crap from inside still? I hear what you are saying but I'm guessing that maybe you own a shell.
no I agree about avoiding them then the local owners can shake the bp tree. I think the shell is owned by someone from joliet I doubt he's on here
shutupfaith

Channahon, IL

#4 May 23, 2010
American Pride wrote:
It's been over a month since the oil rig toppled in the Gulf and BP Amoco can't get the thing under control. The whole time polluting the waters and beaches of our great Country. Taking their own sweet time, now the US Government may have to step in to get some sort of resolution to the debacle. No doubt this will cost the taxpayers money at a time when we have none.
Let's all band together and force BP to put the proper resources in place to get the oil well stopped. By boycotting all BP Amoco gas stations we will send a clear message to the company that we Americans will not stand for their ignorance. Watch how fast they will get the thing fixed if nationwide people stop pulling into BP. It's not a big deal to visit the next gas vendor be it Shell, Marathon or some other. Boycott BP, viva America!
I agree! I have stopped buying BP gas, I still visit the store for coffee or smokes, but refuse to buy BP gas. I refuse to support such irresponsile and wreckless behavior. COME ON AMERICA- make them accountable!
concerned

United States

#5 May 24, 2010
How dumb of you infidel. Joliet people would never post on coal city's topic board.
mike

La Grange, IL

#6 May 26, 2010
We also have stopped buying our gas here. Our buisness now goes to Shell. Inside and outside buisness. No more BP gas for this family.
really

United States

#8 May 26, 2010
BP is doing everything they can to fix the mess in the gulf. They obviously know the future of the company depends on fixing this. Sometimes there are just catastrophies that it is impossible to prepare for. Especially when its a mile below water and no humans, only robots are physically doing the work. As for a boycott, I will continue to frequent BP because that is where I get good service and my business is appreciated!
concerned

Westville, FL

#9 May 26, 2010
Seriously? No serious? They ate trying everything? Really? How about installing a valve? Why do they have a flow They can't shut off?
really

United States

#10 May 26, 2010
concerned wrote:
Seriously? No serious? They ate trying everything? Really? How about installing a valve? Why do they have a flow They can't shut off?
Good point...if I had all the answers, I wouldn't be just another pee-on...I'd be the one doing the peeing!
Shady Lady

United States

#11 May 26, 2010
You can buy B P gas, or gas from Hugo Chevez. I can't deal with that little maggot, so I will continue to buy B P
BeansForYou

Channahon, IL

#12 May 27, 2010
I dont get what is so difficult in stopping this leak?

I was watching the Live Feed http://www.livestream.com/wkrg_oil_spill and I clicked the pause button on the live feed and the oil stopped.

So simple a caveman can do it.
Shady Lady

United States

#13 May 27, 2010
They think they have closed off the leak for now, but there are still many questiones for our Government. We have a right to answers. This was handled in such a stupid manner I would hate to see the response to a real emergency, like an Islamic terrorist attack. Oh that's right, we've already had 3, and the President hasn't answered questions about those either.
really

Nicholasville, KY

#14 May 29, 2010
If you know how to plug the well then why arent you down there telling them hwo to do it. The government has no clue how to deal with this situation. BP is pretty much the expert here. Its a tragic accident that happened and Im sure BP will do everything possible to make it right. The government will do everything in their power to help make it right. We also saw the last presidents response to an emergency, remeber New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina. Bush pretty much screwed that all up. Why does everyone blame Obama everytime something bad happens.
Shady Lady

United States

#15 May 29, 2010
The problem, my dear, is no one knows how to solve the problem, and everyday that passes makes Obama, and his dancing Democrats look dumber, and dumber. He always pretends to be so smart, and Obama is as dumb as a stone. Now everyone knows how stupid he is, and his polls are tumbling speedily to match Bush's anyday now.
Me Again

Channahon, IL

#16 May 30, 2010
It's a scam to show what could happen on the eastern
seaboard if drilling starts. The great one approved drilling on the Eastern Seaboard and we get this incident in the golf. Good timing if you ask me.
Shady Lady

United States

#17 May 30, 2010
It happened, because this administration waived the inspections that would have discovered the problem on this rig before it exploded. It didn't happen during the previous 10 years because Bush held inspections. These new politicians are so busy lining their own pockets they have no money for preventative maintainence. Now they have created the worst Environmental crisis this earth has ever known.
really

Nicholasville, KY

#18 May 30, 2010
The safety valves that would have prevented this are not mandatory according to regulations. Most other rigs have them by choice. BP chose not to have them. It has nothing to do with the current administration. It was a freak thing that happened and very tragic but it wasnt the governments fault. If the government got involved in the clean up it would be a bigger mess than it is. They have no idea how to deal with this kind of thing. It doesnt make Obama stupid because he doesnt know how to stop it. BP has the most experience and even they are not sure what to do. There is no easy fix for something like this. Im sure more people are working on it than anyone could imagine. Im sure BP will get it cleaned up, hopefully sooner than later.
mike

La Grange, IL

#19 May 31, 2010
I'm with really on this issue. Not the current administrations fault. This is BP all the way. Boycott BP and make them responsible for their actions. How many more screw ups can they have? i hope they fix this soon
Shady Lady

United States

#20 Jun 1, 2010
Why didn't these rigs explode during the past decades? Because previous Administrations held inspections, and didn't get pay offs for turning a blind eye to problems. This whole situation with this rig can be traced to scheduled inspections being waived by the Obama Administration.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21 Jun 1, 2010
i have to agree with this boycott, even tho i dont go to BP in the first place, Casey's is closer. but every time i see the news about the oil spill not getting fixed i feel sick. with that volcano spewing ashes in the air and this oil spill, our enviroment is just as well as gone..bring on 2012 i say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Braidwood Gas Stations 44 min What12 2
Naked Sun 3 hr Boob Man 15
Tar and shit Fri Larry 5
Godley trailer fire Dec 14 hesamoron 3
Wesley Township Dec 14 Joe 6
Launching pad Dec 13 Keepnitreal 9
Car accident on 129 braidwood Dec 13 Wren 1

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance