First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeah

Bartlett, IL

#22 Jan 14, 2013
Uhhh....when the *&#* is the taco bell going to open?
Union Yes

Morris, IL

#23 Jan 15, 2013
For those who believe that union workers are overpaid, have you considered the possibility that you might be underpaid?
ben

United States

#24 Jan 15, 2013
If unions go away then everyone will make close to minimum wage. I don't understand why the people hate unions when it's the unions that are fighting for your rights as a worker.
YeeHaw

Reddick, IL

#25 Jan 15, 2013
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!....When is taco bell going to open?
Taco Bell Staff

Wilmington, IL

#26 Jan 15, 2013
YeeHaw wrote:
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!....When is taco bell going to open?
We be be open Saturday 1/26. 1st 50 cars through the drive up window will receive a $25 gift card to be used at any Taco Bell in the Chicagoland area.
Must purchase $5.00 in merchandise to qualify.
Proud NONUNION

Hoffman Estates, IL

#27 Jan 15, 2013
If it were up the Unions, never. No one working on the building has the right to work unless they are paying "Union Dues". By the way Ben, I do not need nor do I want your "Representation". Also, I dont buy for one second that you are "fighting" for my rights as a worker. Unlike you and your Union brothers, I am not always the "Victim".
ben

Clinton, IL

#28 Jan 15, 2013
Proud NONUNION wrote:
If it were up the Unions, never. No one working on the building has the right to work unless they are paying "Union Dues". By the way Ben, I do not need nor do I want your "Representation". Also, I dont buy for one second that you are "fighting" for my rights as a worker. Unlike you and your Union brothers, I am not always the "Victim".
I'm never a victim I just understand that without unions the working class would go down the chutes. Think about it a little bit before you just run around bad mouthing unions for making money and having benefits.
Anonymous

Coal City, IL

#29 Jan 15, 2013
really pay a union guy to push a broom for $40hr keep pricing yourself for that wage.what a joke,a right to work state would not have it. and for a drug free work place braidwood station was built by druggies, florida has better retirement for their workers than in Illinois,it is a right to work state
lol

Bartlett, IL

#30 Jan 15, 2013
taco bell is p*ssing a lot of people off! I say we boycott. Lets prove to them how s*itty of town we truly are....
holycow

Coal City, IL

#31 Jan 15, 2013
obama cant keep the usa out of debt, but you want to keep the high wage, states that are union the wages you union people want, have drained the states monies. Illionis dems, have padded union leaders for there votes to get state jobs, as for unions. the state workers that are union, are losing bennys and retirement. so it is only a matter of time when you union over payed workers lose also, better invest, exunion worked.
Proud NONUNION

Mount Prospect, IL

#32 Jan 16, 2013
ben wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never a victim I just understand that without unions the working class would go down the chutes. Think about it a little bit before you just run around bad mouthing unions for making money and having benefits.
Ben, You are a very naive individual.
scott

Clinton, IL

#33 Jan 16, 2013
Workers formed unions so that they could have some say over wages, hours, working conditions, and the many other problems that arise in the relationship between a worker and employer. Unions are important because they help set the standards for education, skill levels, wages, working conditions, and quality of life for workers. Union-negotiated wages and benefits are generally superior to what non-union workers receive.

Most union contracts provide far more protections than state and federal laws. For example, in many states there is no legal right for workers to take a break. More importantly, most states follow a legal doctrine called “employment at will” and non-union workers can be fired for reasons that might be arbitrary or for no reason at all.

Unions also work to establish laws improving job conditions for their members through legislation at the national, state and local level. This ultimately benefits all workers. The 8-hour work day is an example of a positive change won by unions that affects everyone.
ben

Clinton, IL

#34 Jan 16, 2013
Proud NONUNION wrote:
<quoted text>Ben, You are a very naive individual.
How do you figure? What do you think will happen when unions go away. Who will defend your rights as a worker. Companies won't pay their employees more money they will pay less. The only reason non union makes what they do is because it has to be somewhat comparable to what the union worker makes or else no one would want to work it non union they would just go union. So if there isn't anything to compare the employer can pay whatever he wants could even be minimum wage. And who's goin to stop him from doing that if you argue he will just fire you and get the next guy on the street that wants a job.
Proud NONUNION

Mount Prospect, IL

#35 Jan 16, 2013
Ben, for the last time. Unlike you, I am man enough to defend myself. I dont need nor do I want you or your unions representation to "Defend" my rights as a worker.I am a Big Boy, not a victim.

Scott, As I stated before, Unions were a good thing many years ago. The shame of it is this, people like you do nothing but ride on the coat tails of the men before you that worked hard and took pride in their jobs. I believe that you and your like have come to the realization that men who dont belong in Unions can and do just as good of a job with the work they perform as you "Highy Skilled and Morally Upstanding" Union folks. That is why when work is being peformed by non union men, you feel compelled to bring blow up Rats to there work site and hold your signs up, castigate and protest the work they are doing so you may try to intimidate the competition away. Also Scott, I really think you have some security issues with actually believing that if you argue with your boss, he will just fire you and grab the next guy off the street. Or maybe its just a scare tactic.
YOUSHOULDAKNOWN

Eaton Rapids, MI

#36 Jan 17, 2013
ben wrote:
<quoted text>
If unions go away then so do fair wages for non union workers. Non union pay is based off of what the unions make. And for every right you have as a worker you can thank a union. Say what you want about unions but without them no one in the trades would make anything.
Non union pay is based off of what the unions make???!!! What the hell tree have you been living under? Non union wages are barely one third of what you guys make for doing the same thing.. and most of the time they do a much much better job to! I see how union workers do thier job, especially in home building. Most of you barely work 6 months out of a year, but yet when you are on unemployment for the other 6 months you complain about how broke you are when the rest of the world makes way less than you , works all year and does fine without bitchin they are broke. you all spoiled brats as far as I'm concerned and need to wake up and smell the roses. The days of Unions ruling the work world are just about over.
YOUSHOULDAKNOWN

Eaton Rapids, MI

#37 Jan 17, 2013
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I pledge allegiance to the scabs and the united scabs of America. And to the Rebpublican owner for which his overfilled pockets of money will always scam, with liberty to work for less, without workers justice, for not all.
Non union business owners further line their pockets and are their employees are just a number to them. Good luck with your husbands year round work. I hope he invests well. He will not have a pension or a defined benefit plan when he retires. Or he may work until he dies and not retire.
Why don't you tell all the Caterpillar employees, retired and active about how good unions are. They have pensions alright but the company now makes them pay for thier own insurance which in most cases decreases thier pension by almost 50%. And once they are of social security age (minimum age they can file) thier pension is reduced by the amount of social security they are entitled to. Now... you wanna tell me again how good unions are????? Give your Union company 30 plus years of work and land up with $500 a month in pensions. Damn I'm glad they are in a union aren't you? Where were your unions at when they needed backing from you guys? No where to be found. Remember.. no one is irreplaceable and that includes Union workers. Adjust like the rest of us have to.
YOUSHOULDAKNOWN

Eaton Rapids, MI

#38 Jan 17, 2013
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
What rock have you been sleeping under the past quarter century? The unions today market themselves on training, a drug free environment, and work together with businesses to attract work by getting jobs done on time and under budget. Oh, I get it. You are the big guy on non-union job sites that yells and screams like a blithering idiot to get your point across. You too are a dying breed. The smart people join unions to avoid jackwagons like you. Good luck in the 401k desert. You will save Social Security money too because you will be having to work well past the time you should have.
OH MY GOD.. A DRUG FREE ENVIORNMENT??? IT IS WELL KNOW THAT IN THE TRADES COKE AND BEER IS YOUR CHOICE OF DESSERT AFTER LUNCH AND BREAKS. COME ON..I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU HAVE WORKED WITH OVER THE YEARS, BUT EVEN I KNOW THAT AS A FACT. I HAVE TONS OF UNION FRIENDS IN THE TRADES AND TRUST ME.. I'VE HEARD IT ALL...
YOUSHOULDAKNOWN

Eaton Rapids, MI

#39 Jan 17, 2013
ben wrote:
If unions go away then everyone will make close to minimum wage. I don't understand why the people hate unions when it's the unions that are fighting for your rights as a worker.
If you are fighting for the rights of every worker, where were you when Caterpillar and most of the Car industry did a number on thier employee's and retiree's pay structure. Didn't see a swingin D--K fightin for anyone then. Shame on you for misrepresenting yourselfs so grossly!
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#40 Jan 18, 2013
YOUSHOULDAKNOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
OH MY GOD.. A DRUG FREE ENVIORNMENT??? IT IS WELL KNOW THAT IN THE TRADES COKE AND BEER IS YOUR CHOICE OF DESSERT AFTER LUNCH AND BREAKS. COME ON..I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU HAVE WORKED WITH OVER THE YEARS, BUT EVEN I KNOW THAT AS A FACT. I HAVE TONS OF UNION FRIENDS IN THE TRADES AND TRUST ME.. I'VE HEARD IT ALL...
Obviously you haven't had access to or read a 21st century collective bargaining agreement.....Keep living in the 80's dude...since you are in to the caps (or aren't smart enough to take the caps lock off your computer) I will say it: YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deputy clerk. 59 min SMH 2
Police Chief did not resign at councle meeting/... 1 hr andy 12
so how long has that pink house on main been fo... 2 hr Braidwood Resident 5
Beware Heroin Dealers You Are Going Down 14 hr The Big Hurt 6
swearig in the new mayor. 16 hr sally 1
Owner Rachetti's paying managers under the table Sat hahqjwiwoq 32
Church bulletins Apr 24 Cardinal Manicotti 2
More from around the web

Coal City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE