No Freedom of Speech
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Warning

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Warning be careful what you write about people on this site. I just had a knock on my door certified mail from a lawyer. My IP Address has been posting slanderous comments and I am being sued. Called the lawyer up to $5000 per comment. So no such thing as freedom of speech. I am hoping to just settle with the people. Just a warning to others.
lol

Woodridge, IL

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Good - hopefully people start suing others all the time for being a&&holes online - you deserve it, buddy. No more hiding behind a computer screen anymore!

Joliet, IL

#3 Mar 25, 2013
The server for this site is located overseas. I doubt very much some attorney from here got a warrant issued to get an IP addy from a foreign country.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Warning wrote:
Warning be careful what you write about people on this site. I just had a knock on my door certified mail from a lawyer. My IP Address has been posting slanderous comments and I am being sued. Called the lawyer up to $5000 per comment. So no such thing as freedom of speech. I am hoping to just settle with the people. Just a warning to others.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha!!!!! Whatever!!!!
The truth is somebody is posting things about you and you're trying to scare them.

Here's a tip for you. If somebody posts something about you that isn't nice or something embarrassing, first of all don't respond to it. Don't give them room to continue the attack. Second click the little link at the bottom of their post "report abuse" and give slander for a reason. The post will be deleted within one or two days. If there is 4 or 5 complaints from posts on the same thread, they will delete the entire thread.

And Third stop worrying about losers who cant say things to your face. It say way more about their character than yours.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Warning wrote:
Happy dad no lie. I have the letter from the lawyer and I am not trying to scare anyone. Just informing people that this is indeed real. Rouskey is the lawyer. I have learned and will not do this again. I am paying for this and I shouldn't have posted such bad stuff. This is not overseas as suggested. I guess I commented on the wrong people and won't do it again.
Wellllll...... I shall remain dubious. However if you chose to slander somebody anonymously then you deserve to be exposed and sued. And stop crying about free speech. Free speech doesn't give you the right to be slanderous. IF this is true somebody went to a lot of trouble and expense to uncover you.

Why do you feel the need to keep talking. LOL isn't this actually and admission? Didn't you just make the lawsuit a slam dunk? I say you're a liar. If they got your IP address once they will get it again and use it in the lawsuit since you so kindly came on here and confessed to the whole world.

Try again. I don't believe you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 25, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!!! Whatever!!!!
The truth is somebody is posting things about you and you're trying to scare them.

Here's a tip for you. If somebody posts something about you that isn't nice or something embarrassing, first of all don't respond to it. Don't give them room to continue the attack. Second click the little link at the bottom of their post "report abuse" and give slander for a reason. The post will be deleted within one or two days. If there is 4 or 5 complaints from posts on the same thread, they will delete the entire thread.

And Third stop worrying about losers who cant say things to your face. It say way more about their character than yours.
Happy Dad... As usual at least most of the time, I agree with you!

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 25, 2013
Where us the case being tried?
Dolly Partons cleavage

Des Plaines, IL

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Lol. So funny. Everyone knows that you can pretty much write whatever the heck u want to on here. Nothin no one can do about it. Proving slander is tougher than u think. Trust me.... Ppl have been talkin about my knockers for years.

Since: Nov 11

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Mar 26, 2013
Still no reply on where this case is being tried?
Judge Wapner

Morris, IL

#11 Mar 26, 2013
I heard Judge Judy took the suit!
NetworkKing

Wilmington, IL

#12 Mar 27, 2013
LOL! The topix servers are not in the U.S.therfore they are not bound by U.S. Law and for you information you can change your ip address anytime and every time you post or you can use a proxy or a IP hide program and Judges and Lawyers know this and thats why 99.9% of all internet related crime or slander gets thrown out of court because they know IP addreses tracking is not accurate.
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#13 Mar 27, 2013
Nice try liar.
Jay

United States

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Warning wrote:
Good try. Scare tactic. Not how legal system works.$5,000 per comment. hahahahaha.
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#18 Mar 27, 2013
What purpose do you have with this? You're obviously lying. Scan the letter and post it. Feel free to black out your name.
Trouble

Joliet, IL

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Warning wrote:
I just had the same thing happen and same lawyer. If I knew you I would like to see how to handle this. I am done making foolish comments. I thought this was a scam but I will find out. I will not give any further information on this topic. Just realize what you write you are responsible for
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#20 Mar 27, 2013
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had the same thing happen and same lawyer. If I knew you I would like to see how to handle this. I am done making foolish comments. I thought this was a scam but I will find out. I will not give any further information on this topic. Just realize what you write you are responsible for
Let's see the letter then
yeah yeah yeah

Bettendorf, IA

#21 Mar 27, 2013
I saw this on an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent TOPIX. It has to be true.
yeah yeah yeah

Bettendorf, IA

#22 Mar 27, 2013
I could just see this in court. Can you identify the poster by ISP #? By screen name?? Can you prove that a neighbor kid wasn't pulling a prank? Reasonable doubt? I have to go now. Someone is at the door I don't recognize with papers in their hands.
yeah yeah yeah

Bettendorf, IA

#23 Mar 27, 2013
I think you have to be served papers personally, not by certified mail. At least that's how it works on Law and Order.
Trouble

Joliet, IL

#24 Mar 27, 2013
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
I think you have to be served papers personally, not by certified mail. At least that's how it works on Law and Order.
This was not court documents. A notice from lawyer. I was not served I received by mail I had to sign for. Sounds like a long process and cost some dollars. I will post no specifics as advised not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stumble Inn John Allen and Melissa Weaks 1 hr Disgusted 11
Sue Cobb moving 2 hr The Great OZ 9
Durran and Galatte similarities. 2 hr This is fun 1
City hall tells 3/4 of Police dept not to come ... 16 hr Conductor 6
Braidwood officials in a frenzy 17 hr Jeff 4
Diamond Jacks 21 hr Never again 7
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot Nov 30 Hopeful 3

Coal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance